//ArrowChat Code

Thread: 1000cc 2 stroke triple sled- redoing pipes, need paint advice

--

1000cc 2 stroke triple sled- redoing pipes, need paint advice

This isnt actually my sled, it a friends. The story goes that he seized a piston and cracked a wall, so he had all cylinders and pistons (overbore & nikasil plated) redone and ported. While its been apart, he wants to have his chambers blasted and painted. I did the blasting today, and he gave me some high temp paint (space age 2000 degree aluminum) to do them up with, is this good to use? I trust him, but you guys know more than I do
    Thanks
    1983 212x "Mickey Dunlap" Powroll TT Trike -Blue frame, Supertrapp (looking for a Powroll DD), WEB Stage II cam, Powroll 6mm stroker, Wiseco 10.25:1 piston stock bore, ported, polished, +2 Swinger,White low-pros and 250R front fender, BAPP rear shock, Powroll Decals, NOS Carlisle R/A's

Gone:
    '83 185s, '86 200x, '70's Full Suspension Hi-Performance ATC RD400,

--
    Get them High temp Powder coated if you want it to last...i have never seen any paint last on sled pipes..too much hot/cold/snow hitting them all the time.
    1985 Tri-Z-

Quote Originally Posted by mywifeknowseverything
    Just hit the Freakin Gas and Hold on!!!!!

--
    Quote Originally Posted by MTS View Post
    Get them High temp Powder coated if you want it to last...i have never seen any paint last on sled pipes..too much hot/cold/snow hitting them all the time.
    Agreed.. either that or ceramic coat
    Trikes:
    '85 ATC 350R
    '85 ATC 250R
    '86 ATC 350X
    '85 ATC 350X
    '84 ATC 200ES Big Red
    '84 ATC 125M
    '85 ATC 110
    '85 ATC 70/110

If you have bought from me or sold to me, please leave me feedback here>>> http://www.3wheelerworld.com/showthr...+RIDE-RED+250r

--
    Quote Originally Posted by RIDE-RED 250r View Post
    ceramic coat
    That stuff is the final word for coating pipes.

--
    Man Sled pipes are a complete pain to keep looking good due to all the moisture they encounter. Ceramic is the best bet in keeping them look halfway decent. I really just gave up and have been leaving them with some surface rust.

//ArrowChat Integreation Code //