//ArrowChat Code
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Thread: Project Left Turn 81 300r

--
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Clean View Post
    You will have something to show progress on by next weekend.
    Mike you tesasing me? Lol I'm pumped up for it!

--
    DO the Best With What you got !

My Feed back :cool

--
    Well I got bored and Made a little progress. Front fender is on. And number plate is permanent and installed a couple numbers.

R.J.M. is offline At The Back Of The Pack Arm chair racerFirst time rider
    --
    After seeing yours I'm goin to have to get started on mine. Yours is looking good especially with the white fenders. What front tire and rim are you running, I really like the looks of it.
    1986 250R
    1985 Tri-Z
    1986 200X (wife's)
    Honda 70's-x4 (kids)

1982 250R project

Surprise AZ. In the garage working on trikes.
    --
    Quote Originally Posted by 90guy View Post
    Mike you tesasing me? Lol I'm pumped up for it!
    Got body work done, primed, blocked, and then painted. I wet sanded the tank and let it dry in the sun so I could then buff the finish and two bubbles appeared.

I had to strip those two spots back down to bare metal. For some reason the filler did not stick, I think the filler 90guy put on it was not compatible with the materials I used.

Here are pics of the tank post paint. I will still need to wet sand and buff the finish and apply the decals.

I recognize those tires and wheels. I think they look great on this project!!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails DSC_0480.JPG   DSC_0483.JPG  

--
    Tires are 18 9.50 8 cheng shin I picked up fro Mr. Clean a while ago. Not sure the brand of the rims. Do need to bend the lip out on that one eventually. I do like the way they look on it. Oh snap tank is in color again! Cant wait. Been debating on doing the same color scheme on my 85 haha.

--
    Shot in the dark. Anyone know where I should start with jetting on this 36mm carb for this motor and mods? Just curious. Dont want to fire it up and be to lean off the get go. Should be leak down testing the motor this weekend to make sure we are all good. Just dont want this Cr250 incident to happen again.

--

Tank repaint x 3

I have had some problems with getting this tank done, I painted and reworked it three times, but I am done no more I give....It will get shipped this week. Some parts just fight you every step of the way.

Finished as seen above then something in the base layer bubbled. Then NAPA gave me the wrong hardener, and mix ratio and finally what you see. I applied the decals on Friday took the tank into the EBAY room and noticed today there are bubbles under the decals. I am not sure if it the paint is out gassing, but I am not messing with it. 90guy is going to ride it so thrash away buddy!!

First pic is the day I painted it, I do not have a spray booth, and of course the wind was up and a bug flew into the fresh paint. Luckily the bug is under the decal.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails DSC_1211[1].JPG   DSC_1212[1].JPG   DSC_1213[1].JPG  
    Last edited by Mr. Clean; 03-02-2015 at 10:11 PM.

--
    I have had some problems with getting this tank done, I painted and reworked it three times, but I am done no more I give....It will get shipped this week. Some parts just fight you every step of the way.

Finished as seen above then something in the base layer bubbled. Then NAPA gave me the wrong hardener, and mix ratio and finally what you see. I applied the decals on Friday took the tank into the EBAY room and noticed today there are bubbles under the decals. I am not sure if it the paint out gassing, but I am not messing with it. 90guy is going to ride it so thrash away buddy!!

First pic is the day I painted it, I do not have a spray booth, and of course the wind was up and a bug flew into the fresh paint. Luckily the bug is under the decal.
    Suhweeeeet!
    Feedback for yaegerb: Click Here

Need something blasted or polished or both? Send me a PM

--

Finished as seen above then something in the base layer bubbled. Then NAPA gave me the wrong hardener, and mix ratio and finally what you see. I applied the decals on Friday took the tank into the EBAY room and noticed today there are bubbles under the decals. I am not sure if it the paint out gassing, but I am not messing with it. 90guy is going to ride it so thrash away buddy!!

I am curious, you buy your paint at NAPA as in the auto parts store? I am not cutting them down I just didn't know they were into paint like that.

Ever use these guys?

http://www.spaceagepaint.com/

They are very helpful & do everything.
    Email- onformula1@hotmail.com Rebuilt, Revalved, custom springs, lowering, forks & shocks, Custom Suspension, all brands, 2-3-4 wheeler's- PM or Email with questions.

***Check out my album for cool pictures*** http://www.3wheelerworld.com/album.php?albumid=2527

As always- Everything I post is IMHO.

--
    Quote Originally Posted by onformula1 View Post
    I am curious, you buy your paint at NAPA as in the auto parts store? I am not cutting them down I just didn't know they were into paint like that.

Ever use these guys?

http://www.spaceagepaint.com/

They are very helpful & do everything.
    Living in surprise the closest auto body supply is Glendale or deer valley. Napa on greenway mixes automotive urethane paints. I do not see driving to Mesa for what I can get local. However thanks for the link, next time I am in Mesa I will stop in, that place looks great, wish it were closer. NAPA carries what is the same as sherwin williams brand paint just branded as martin-senour. I have been painting as a hobbyist for 27 years. I rarely have had an issue until I went with single stage paint. This job has convinced me to go back to two stage paint.

--
    Can't wait to get this sexy thing mounted! Looks good!

--
    Living in surprise the closest auto body supply is Glendale or deer valley. Napa on greenway mixes automotive urethane paints. I do not see driving to Mesa for what I can get local. However thanks for the link, next time I am in Mesa I will stop in, that place looks great, wish it were closer. NAPA carries what is the same as sherwin williams brand paint just branded as martin-senour. I have been painting as a hobbyist for 27 years. I rarely have had an issue until I went with single stage paint. This job has convinced me to go back to two stage paint.
    Thank you for the info, yes that place is very far, but well worth it and they have a lot of cool things to look at, its like Disneyland for paint.
    Email- onformula1@hotmail.com Rebuilt, Revalved, custom springs, lowering, forks & shocks, Custom Suspension, all brands, 2-3-4 wheeler's- PM or Email with questions.

***Check out my album for cool pictures*** http://www.3wheelerworld.com/album.php?albumid=2527

As always- Everything I post is IMHO.

--
    Well Made a little progress tanks all waxed up and installed! I am now ready to leakdown test this motor before I will start it again Since it has been sitting for over a year. I am excited! And of course. That Ass!

--
    Looking good, keep the pics coming, Great job!
    85 ATC 250r -Under Construction
    86 TRX250r
    05 KFX400
    02 400EX

//ArrowChat Integreation Code //