//ArrowChat Code
Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 ... LastLast

Thread: 2014 Trikefest ATC70 build

--
    Nothing of the sort DC, I actually kicked myself for selling you that engine after I decided to do the raffle trike. I almost called you to buy it back but I just thought that seemed too stupid and couldn't bring myself to do it. The quality of these engines is almost identical, I would go so far as to say they're made by the same company or at least from the same parts source.

Quote Originally Posted by Dirtcrasher View Post
    OK, now I know why you sold me the pittster. I didn't even blink knowing it was from you but I guess I'll ask, is the pittster a good motor as well? I was happy with our deal but now I'm a bit nervous that you may have found it to be a poor upgrade?? and got a Pirahna instead.
    Let me know your thoughts if you could Lou......... Then we can delete this interuption.
    And that's the rest of the story. ~ Paul Harvey

"Yes its broken, but does that really surprise you?."
    "What happened? What does it look like happened?!?!"

--
    ^ Thank you Lou; I recalled you saying "I'm going in another direction with this" Then I saw the Pirahna motor and thought, crap, these may not be the best swap. However your reassurance makes me feel better. I'm at a 3" stretch but replaced the whole upper tube with thicker metal. I want to get working on it soon!!
    Your build looks great, thanks for your help for all of us at 3WW
    All our government does is distract us while they steal from us, misspend our tax $ and ruin our country

--

And,,,

Free + clear Michigan titled too ! Not sure which frame Louis used but that's covered either which way
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails free+clear title.jpg  

--
    Update??? Anything going on Louis?? I need a good big bore 70 fix...
    HEY YOU WORM PICKERS..QUIT PICKIN' MY WORMS!
    Owner of the world' widest atc plow
    Builder of 3 wheeler accessories such as Big Red suspension sidecars,Big red's with full roofs, 3 wheeler elevators, and NOS powered 2 speed tri zingers

"Hold my beer.......watch this sh@# !!!!!!

--
    Coming along but the few things I'd like to post pictures of are in mid install so just stay tuned!

--
    Progress still seems slow by what I have to show but I'm making progress. The weather has been a yoyo so by about the time I can do something in the garage it's back to freezing the next day. I know I've said this several times but I'm really hoping to take this frame to the powdercoater next week.

Here shows the spring loaded chain tensioner I've been working on just about complete (needs the spring). I'll post more pictures showing how it was done in a bit but the main jist is that I turned a bung on the lathe, and used parts from a 90/110 to make the shaft, welded in the bung and made a tab for the spring to hook to. The old tensioner mounting holes/slot where filled in and smoothed so hopfully once powdered it will look oem.

I also got the cutout for the battery made. The intention is to have a removable cover that encloses the battery, solenoid and wiring for easy access if needed. Two internal walls will be added on both sides of the battery to hold it in place and add strength back from the removed material. More work to be done but hopefully I'll have it wrapped up the next visit to the shop.

More to come, should assemble quickly once the frames powdered, not much fab work to do after that point.

--
    Lookin good I can't wait to see it in person.
    my feedback thread http://www.3wheelerworld.com/showthr...-hoosierlogger

TRIKEFEST 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16

Current rides
    Taurus 650 (green)
    85 250es big red
    83 ALT50 (5 year old daughters)
    82 ALT50
    82 ALT50
    84 atc 70 stroked big bore 90 STILL in progress.
    71 QA50
    93 TRX 300 FW

Quote Originally Posted by fabiodriven View Post
    Ya'll are the biggest bunch of whining b!tches I've seen in my entire life.
    You might be strong as an ox, but without a cart you are just a big dumb animal.

--
    I am really diggin' that spring chain tensioner. That would be so nice on a 70....... staying tuned. Nice work Louis. Great ingenuity.
    Builder of 3 wheeler accessories such as Big Red suspension sidecars,Big red's with full roofs, 3 wheeler elevators, and NOS powered 2 speed tri zingers

--
    Well got the battery box finished. Took pretty much all the time I had availible yesterday but other than the bolt on cover it's finished. The hole that was cut into the side of the frame made have sacrificed a little bit of strength at first but one I added in the walls it definitely strengthen the frame back up. It''s not real pretty right now but once the powder is on I think it will look very nice.

The battery hold down is a single piece, one end slips into a slot on the right, and then a single 6mm bolt holds the braket secure with a ear that holds the battery down ward. Still plenty of room to reach the terminals which was my main concern. Some more pictures.

I may make the cover in aluminum or stainless, I haven't quite decided yet.

--
    Some wanted to see how the spring loaded tensioner was accomplished. It's fairly simple. I took the tensioner and splined shaft from a 90/110 and cut it down to length. Then I cut out and welded a dog ear onto the unsplined end of the shaft. The shaft is inserted from the inside with the spring and then the tensioner is slipped on the splines and bolted tight. It's simple but affective. The springs are from a hardware store and an extra will be included with the bike.

I have one last thing to weld on today, (the coil mount) and then I'll do a little smoothing and sanding and hopefully I can drop the frame and few other items off at the powdercoaters Monday or Tuesday.
    Then I need to sort all the parts I need plated out and get them off the the plater.

--
    Looks awesome louis!!
    im building a 70 for my GF.. I hope she dont see all the cool things your putting into this one, ill be extra busy! Lol

keep up the good work!
    TECATE RIDER, HASPIN SURVIVOR!!
    Trikefest 02, 03, 04, 05, 06, 07, 08, 09, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14 and beyond
    RAFFAs Ice-fest 09, 10, 11, 13, 14, 15
    Pensyltucky 09, 12, 13, 14, 15
    New England Ride 4/13

--
    Unfortunately no new pictures at the moment but the items that are getting powdered made it to powder earlier this week and should be done early next week. I should have the items that are getting replated boxed and out the door today. Not much to show but I have been busy. Thanks for the patience and keep an eye on this thread, should start coming together quickly soon.

--
    Got the front axle all but done. Waiting for a 14mm die and then it's ready for plating.

Plastic arrived as well. They may look plane but the stickers/ graphics from blue27 (Bruce) will really set the scheme off.

Still waiting on the powder items. Hope to have them by the end of the week.

Need to take the tank to the local body shop to get it repaint end to match the plastics.

--
    I am going to need those pampers easy ups in the fender pics if I win that at Trikefest Coming along nicely........

briano is offline Got The Holeshot Arm chair racerJust too addicted
    --
    ^^^^and they are Dora even. Who ever wins this thing should be made to do a few laps in a Dora pull up. Lol. That 70 is coming along nicely. Before you showed where the battery is mounted, I did something similar on a 70 I'm building for my daughter. Eventually I will get pics up, it's been a slow project, she's only 2 1/2 now and the wife wants to wait till next year.

//ArrowChat Integreation Code //