//ArrowChat Code
Page 7 of 11 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 ... LastLast

Thread: xrider's Tricky Dicks Cagiva Build

--
    Those things look good even today, they must have seemed out of this world back in the day.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    My toys 85 KXT250A2, 85 ATC250R, 85 Tri-z 250, 06 LT-R450, 04 YFZ450S, 07 125 typhoon x 3, 06 FPV GT.

xrider is offline Got The Holeshot Arm chair racerJust too addicted
    --
    Thanks for the good comments guys. Also, for anyone that needs it. I have both the full service manual and parts manual in PDF form for the 1984 WMX200 dirtbike. PM me if you need a copy and I can send it to you.

--

NOS Shrouds!

UPDATE: I was able to score a NOS set of tank shrouds out of the the United Kingdom this week. Just opened the package and installed them! Never would have thought I would have located a set, but am glad I did as the finish is so much better than the reproduction ones. Also, I sent the last batch of hardware out to yellow zinc this week and the axle is scheduled for Chrome plating in mid-February.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Shrouds Installed.jpg   NOS Shrouds.jpg  
    Last edited by xrider; 07-03-2017 at 11:09 AM.

--
    Your hunting skills are unbelievable. Great work Matt!

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

--
    Great work Matt. I ordered 6000 feet of pallet wrap today to ship plastics . I had a roll somewhere,but can't find it.
    Please help those who cannot help themselves.

ALWAYS buying Museum quality machines,3 and 4 wheels. And any and ALL ,NOS parts,EVERY brand.

I am turning my PM's Off,my Email is billsracing@hotmail.com,put 3WW in the subject. Thanx!

Gun laws do not stop criminals. BULLETS do.

--
    I love this thread! Thanks for keeping us up to date.

Are you in contact with Robert? Wondering how he's doing on his Cagiva project.
    It sucks to get old

--
    It truly is VERY remarkable...

I can't believe how many NOS parts you found in 2017!!
    All our government does is distract us while they steal from us, misspend our tax $ and ruin our country

--
    Thanks guys, it's been a journey that's for sure. Steve, thanks again for helping out with the splined spacer. It will get added here shortly. That's good news Bill. Let me know when your ready, I'm ready to throw some fenders on this sucker. I talked with Robert about 2 months ago and he was doing well. He is still collecting parts for his Tigers and Cagivas, but is pretty much ready to start assembly. Just has been really busy lately. Hopefully we will hear from him soon on the forums as I would love to see some more pics.

--
    Any more progress on this bad boy?
    Suicide Hill Survivor

The rides:
    1981 ATC110
    1982 ATC185
    1983 ATC185s
    1984 ATC200es
    1985 ATC200x

When the going gets tough, the tough get sideways

--
    I know he has shiny new plastics
    Please help those who cannot help themselves.

ALWAYS buying Museum quality machines,3 and 4 wheels. And any and ALL ,NOS parts,EVERY brand.

I am turning my PM's Off,my Email is billsracing@hotmail.com,put 3WW in the subject. Thanx!

Gun laws do not stop criminals. BULLETS do.

--
    Not much to report at this point. I have a group of re-pop parts which should be wrapped up late this week (seat mounts, grab bar, foot pegs). The original Answer handlebars will be done at Powder tomorrow, so I can start adding the controls. Thanks to Bill I do now have the front and rear plastics, which I have since mounted the front fender with decals. Biggest hold up at the moment is in the suspension. I need one fork cap that attaches to the slider and then I can assemble the forks. Also need to refinish my shock reservoir and send it back to Ohlins for assembly. Should have a good update in the next couple weeks.

--
    I am glad to see you are restoring one,as I have a past (small part) with a Cagiva 200. Back around 87-88 one of my trike buddies got one wheeling and dealing as he was great at it at the young age of 16 we were.As most of our bikes at the time it had no rear brakes,and rear fenders were fiberglass as I remember because they were all cracked up.But as with his description of all his bikes"it was real fast " and he wasn't kidding! I was lucky enough to take it for a blast, not realizing the significance of what I was experiencing at the time. That November my Buddy was killed in a Hunting accident .fast forward 20+ years i reconnected with his youngest brother who was a baby when my buddy was killed to find out they had kept the Cagiva, but by this time it was basically a rolling chassis and a gas tank,but there it was. I tried for the past 8 years to buy it,not even knowing if I could even afford or even find a motor. Unfortunately this past February there was a garage fire at their residence and the Cagiva roller was lost in the fire killing any dreams I had of getting my long gone trike buddies Tricky Dicks Cagiva.

--
    Great job Xrider. Are you going to do this on your other special build?

--
    Quote Originally Posted by Keith Salyer View Post
    Great job Xrider. Are you going to do this on your other special build?
    Yes, I will be doing the same kind of thread for that build. I pick up the powdercoat today and will get a thread posted here shortly

--

Small Update

Small update here. Got the refinished answer handlebars installed along with a NOS Ricambi Cagiva Bar Pad. Also can see the new front fender with decals installed as well. I should have another update here soon. I have acquired and refinished all the items for the front forks and rear shock. Should have both back within a month. Both the rear shock and the front forks have all of the aluminum polished on them as well.
    Last edited by xrider; 07-03-2017 at 11:09 AM.

//ArrowChat Integreation Code //