//ArrowChat Code
Page 6 of 11 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 ... LastLast

Thread: xrider's Tricky Dicks Cagiva Build

xrider is offline Got The Holeshot Arm chair racerJust too addicted
    --

Progress Update

Made some more headway on this. Installed the radiator/hoses, carb, throttle cable, triple trees, clamps, most of the the electrical system, and a few other odds and ends. Enjoy!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 20160925_190611.jpg   20160925_190801.jpg   20160925_190810.jpg  
    Last edited by xrider; 07-03-2017 at 11:27 AM.

--
    Quote Originally Posted by atc300r View Post
    With all the nos parts plus new paint and powder this will be practicaly brand new trike.Cant wait to see it finished.Will you start it and run it atleast or just display it.
    I asked Matt this in person and I could see the pain of conflict in his eyes. Lol.
    Looking for a Bassani silencer for a 2nd gen tecate, the style with the movable mount. 1st gen will work

--
    I love these restorations.But for me it would be hard to see these awsome trikes everyday and not ride them.Thats just me.I have respect for you guys that collect them and not ride them.
    250r rules

plevib is offline At The Back Of The Pack Arm chair racerAt the back of the pack
    --
    Quote Originally Posted by atc300r View Post
    I love these restorations.But for me it would be hard to see these awsome trikes everyday and not ride them.Thats just me.I have respect for you guys that collect them and not ride them.
    on one hand I agree, that takes amazing patience to hold back, so hats off. But I think I have more respect for people like dale Shively, who has a tiger 500 that he resurrected and now races every chance he can get! It's what these machines were meant for. Sure museum pieces are cool, worth more money, and preserve the machine, but using these machines preserves the heart of the sport! But xrider, absolutely flawless work! And beautiful machine! Maybe ride it at least a little? haha
    Atc 500x for the win! (Hopefully.... one day)

--
    Trust me guys, normally I agree with you 100% on this argument. I'm not saying I will never ride this thing, but no plans for anytime in the near future. These Cagiva's are a tough restoration. I restored my tiger a couple years ago and it was considerably easier than this build. Keep in mind, the Tiger's use Rotax motors that you can still buy alot of replacement parts. Their not easy to find, but it is easier to get replacement parts if you plan to ride the thing. There is virtually nothing available for the Cagiva. With the exception of a couple universal o-rings nothing exists. It took me 2 years to find all the internals to build the motor and that includes a run of custom order pistons since even they are not available. I've had to search for parts in both Italy and the UK twice a day everyday in both English and Italian in order to get to where I am on this build. I'm just under 3 years in now and still am trying to find items to finish it.
    Last edited by xrider; 09-26-2016 at 09:29 AM.

--

Small Update

Nothing too crazy here, but I never posted pictures of them. Been saving this classic new Tsubaki chain and these awesome NOS Oakley grips for the Cagiva.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Chain.jpg  
    Last edited by xrider; 07-03-2017 at 11:14 AM.

--
    You know the story on how you track down all these pieces are almost as interesting as the bike. You might need to write a tutorial up and who knows what cool trike stuff will come floating up with us all searching lol.

You're doing the right thing, you can only get NOS once. If you wanted a rider you'd have one I'm sure. Or will in the future.

--
    ^ That is a good point. Once I source the remaining items from the Cagiva dirt bike (less than 10 part numbers left I believe), I will share the websites, contacts, and other sources I have used to run down items for this build. Hopefully it will save others some time when trying to restore one of these in the future.

--
    I bet your Italian will be pretty good by the end of this amazing project. The patience that you and the others show when doing these restorations is unbelievable.
    Trikes Owned:
    1983 Honda 200x - Durablue Axle
    1986 Honda 250r - +2 westcoast
    1984 Honda ATC 70 - Piranha 140 swap
    1983 Honda 200e - Stepdads

--
    Yea, I'm blown away by what you and Robert have found for NOS parts. Haven't seen him on here in a long while. I wonder how his project is going?

The temptation to fire and ride that trike would be strong, but the first time you turn a wheel on it something won't be quite as perfect as it was when you finished it. Yes Dale rides his 500 and he's my hero for doing it, but that trike is far from cosmetically mint.
    Last edited by El Camexican; 09-26-2016 at 08:32 PM.
    It sucks to get old

plevib is offline At The Back Of The Pack Arm chair racerAt the back of the pack
    --
    Quote Originally Posted by El Camexican View Post
    Yes Dale rides his 500 and he's my hero for doing it, but that trike is far from cosmetically mint.
    I think it's perfect just like it was meant to be! Haha. But it is pretty cool to see these resto projects fur sure!
    Atc 500x for the win! (Hopefully.... one day)

--
    Quote Originally Posted by RamsesRibb View Post
    How do you come across parts on this beast? It is looking beautiful.
    By tracing all leads, calling everyone, looking overseas and checking for parts on a daily basis.

I bet he has spent hundreds and hundreds of hours just looking for parts.

Truly an amazing feat!!
    All our government does is distract us while they steal from us, misspend our tax $ and ruin our country

RamsesRibb is offline At The Back Of The Pack Arm chair racerAt the back of the pack
    --
    10 years ago I never would believe I I would see one of these aside from old magazines. Truly amazing work going into this.
    Previously known as HighFlying101 since 2003
    I changed my email and lost my password

Current: '85 Tri-Z , '83 250r , '86 Tecate, '80 ATC110
    Prior: '85 FTZ ATC350X, '85 Tri-Z, '85 ATC200X w/ Bassani exhaust, '83 Big Red, '81 ATC185S, '79 ATC110

http://www.ipetitions.com/petition/tpctrikes/

--
    Speaking of dales 500 and Cagiva, anyone get the chance to see these two meet at TF? My first time EVER seeing a Cagiva in person. They are out there, you just gotta know which rock to look under. Those rocks are too expensive for me to touch, so I don't go looking lol.

But hopefully that means we will get to see one race soon? Right?

--
    You want to see a Cagiva racing? You get to see a Cagiva racing (actually I was helping dry the track, but it's close enough). And if Matt ever needs a to scratch his Cagiva itch he's more than welcome to ride mine
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	FB_IMG_1475032489941.jpg 
Views:	98 
Size:	74.6 KB 
ID:	235219
    Looking for a Bassani silencer for a 2nd gen tecate, the style with the movable mount. 1st gen will work

//ArrowChat Integreation Code //