//ArrowChat Code
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: PROJECT peewee

--

PROJECT peewee

ok heres the idea im a 2 stroke lover for many reasons, lately ive been thinking more and more about what direction to go with the atc70 flat tracker, i finally decided to go with a pw80 motor to retain the machines original looks, laydown stance of the motor and air cooling. I'm going with some power reeds, custom intake, Mikuni vm20 carb, and I'm gonna try my hand at hydro forming a low pipe for it like the old dirtbikes had. I've already had some luck hydroforming with a small scale experiment. It will have a generous port job and headwork by flotek nothing to radical right away. Maybe later I'll get more serious and go to race gas. i have the pw80 motor templates made, ill be using the original holes for the top motor mounts so ill just line up the templates with the holes bolt them down and angle them where id like the motor to sit . at that point ill scribe them out on the frame and remove the necessary material and drill the other 2 new mount holes. heres some pics.
    heres the bike with the old motor i built for it
    http://i416.photobucket.com/albums/p...p/100_1713.jpg
    old 75cc built 4 stroke im giving to my dad for his ct70
    http://i416.photobucket.com/albums/p...psaadfd478.jpg
    new motor
    http://i416.photobucket.com/albums/p...ps730803a6.jpg
    hollow frame
    http://i416.photobucket.com/albums/p...ps71eea4e0.jpg
    rough draft templates
    http://i416.photobucket.com/albums/p...ps9bdf1ce8.jpg
    final templates
    http://i416.photobucket.com/albums/p...ps62f228cd.jpg
    http://i416.photobucket.com/albums/p...ps04591029.jpg
    in the making
    http://i416.photobucket.com/albums/p...ps599e13ae.jpg
    http://i416.photobucket.com/albums/p...psecfac54f.jpg
    Airfoolers RULE!!!

--
    Hey welcome back to the boards! In for updates on this project
    TrikeFest 07,08,09,10,11,12,13,14 SandPuppie's Ride 07,08,09 Imperial Invasion 09, 13

--
    Made the final cuts and drilled the holes tonight and it was a success. i went ahead and bought me an electric cut off wheel so i didnt need to take it to work. it fits nicely to say the least and my templates were dead on theres very little tolerance between the frame and motor. The chain is almost dead on too, and i know how ill get it dead on with a small adjustment. the hard part is gonna be fitting the foot pegs, ill need a custom mount and the chain adjuster needs to be relocated, its got to go back just alittle but again SIMPLE one hole and one slotted hole and im set. ill post the pics from tonight so you can all see the progress.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	bike1.jpg 
Views:	91 
Size:	62.2 KB 
ID:	182791Click image for larger version. 

Name:	bike2.jpg 
Views:	78 
Size:	68.8 KB 
ID:	182792Click image for larger version. 

Name:	bike3.jpg 
Views:	104 
Size:	77.3 KB 
ID:	182793Click image for larger version. 

Name:	bike4.jpg 
Views:	83 
Size:	78.5 KB 
ID:	182794Click image for larger version. 

Name:	bike5.jpg 
Views:	116 
Size:	65.1 KB 
ID:	182795Click image for larger version. 

Name:	bike6.jpg 
Views:	100 
Size:	62.9 KB 
ID:	182796Click image for larger version. 

Name:	bike7.jpg 
Views:	87 
Size:	64.8 KB 
ID:	182797Click image for larger version. 

Name:	bike8.jpg 
Views:	98 
Size:	77.9 KB 
ID:	182798Click image for larger version. 

Name:	bike9.jpg 
Views:	112 
Size:	79.6 KB 
ID:	182799Click image for larger version. 

Name:	bike10.jpg 
Views:	123 
Size:	81.4 KB 
ID:	182800
    Airfoolers RULE!!!

briano is offline Got The Holeshot Arm chair racerJust too addicted
    --
    I love this idea. I wanted to do this same swap for a while now, but there is way to much going on right now. I'll be watching your build.

--
    ive never actually done a swap like this before, tho i know what its all about and have wanted to do multiple other swaps and custom builds in the past but never got around to it. I will say tho that this was easy and quick to do the actual mod but it proved a bit tricky to get the templates right, that was the true task here, the mod took around an hour from the first cut to bolting in the motor.. now im trying to decide what to do for a pipe, its either build my own thru hydroform, hand cone, or take a yamaha scooter pipe like the ones below and mod one to fit. the intake will be easy to make myself and im having flotek do the port job.

Name:	bikepipe1.jpg 
Views:	29 
Size:	4.2 KB 
ID:	182836Click image for larger version. 

Name:	bikepipe2.JPG 
Views:	14 
Size:	7.8 KB 
ID:	182837
    Airfoolers RULE!!!

--
    Awesome project and nice fab work. Keep us posted because I can't wait to see a fat expansion chamber tucked up inside that little fella.

--
    Quote Originally Posted by bkm View Post
    Awesome project and nice fab work. Keep us posted because I can't wait to see a fat expansion chamber tucked up inside that little fella.

Thanks bro, ill get more done soon, i need to cut the mount plate off my atc70 pegs and possition them under the bike where it feels right then find a way to attach them to the frame using custom brackets/mount plates since theres no peg mount holes on the bottom of the pw80 motors.
    Airfoolers RULE!!!

--
    Quote Originally Posted by 1upfront View Post
    Thanks bro, ill get more done soon, i need to cut the mount plate off my atc70 pegs and possition them under the bike where it feels right then find a way to attach them to the frame using custom brackets/mount plates since theres no peg mount holes on the bottom of the pw80 motors.
    Is there any way to get the proper aluminum threaded bosses and have them welded to the bottom of the pw engine?

--
    Quote Originally Posted by bkm View Post
    Is there any way to get the proper aluminum threaded bosses and have them welded to the bottom of the pw engine?
    Not a bad idea at all bro but i dont have the equipment to weld aluminum and i want to keep all the fab work done by my hands, i have the bike loaded in the back of my 89 civic right now and its going to work with me tomorrow, i have some steel im going to make brackets from and weld them to the peg assembly then resistance weld some reinforcement nut plates on the inside of the sheetmetal frame so it can be bolted on as an assembly. I have a honda in my honda LOL
    Airfoolers RULE!!!

mart is offline *CERTIFIED* Mad Scientist Arm chair racerAt the back of the pack
    --
    Lookin good mate love it.
    I welded a peice of 12mm plate with threaded holes to the bottom of my laydown. The funniest part though is what I used for foot pegs a set of standard raptor handlebars tilted forward with a plate welded and holes drilled to match the plates I welded on bottom of the motor. Then some outter parts of 250r foot pegs welded for footrests that's how I had em ever since I built the trike. I had 100kg blokes ride mine without any problems I just used to tell everyone don't stand up (put all your weight) on the pegs. I'll try and find some photos
    Looks awesome though mate you'll love it.
    MARTS 84 300R 86 250R 700r raptor & suspended 250r in 70 frame

--
    Quote Originally Posted by mart View Post
    Lookin good mate love it.
    I welded a peice of 12mm plate with threaded holes to the bottom of my laydown. The funniest part though is what I used for foot pegs a set of standard raptor handlebars tilted forward with a plate welded and holes drilled to match the plates I welded on bottom of the motor. Then some outter parts of 250r foot pegs welded for footrests that's how I had em ever since I built the trike. I had 100kg blokes ride mine without any problems I just used to tell everyone don't stand up (put all your weight) on the pegs. I'll try and find some photos
    Looks awesome though mate you'll love it.
    thats awesome bro, thats why i never throw away anything lol, i made my peg brackets today out of a fold down step off the back of a a big rig i had laying around, i hope it works ok the welds didnt come out pretty so I wont show them, im gonna grind and re-weld on monday but i did get a system worked out to mount the pegs and thats what I was aiming for today. ill post pics in a min.
    Airfoolers RULE!!!

--

Name:	peg1.jpg 
Views:	76 
Size:	90.7 KB 
ID:	183100Click image for larger version. 

Name:	peg2.jpg 
Views:	70 
Size:	89.5 KB 
ID:	183101Click image for larger version. 

Name:	peg3.jpg 
Views:	57 
Size:	81.0 KB 
ID:	183102Click image for larger version. 

Name:	peg4.jpg 
Views:	58 
Size:	80.5 KB 
ID:	183103Click image for larger version. 

Name:	peg5.jpg 
Views:	64 
Size:	77.3 KB 
ID:	183104Click image for larger version. 

Name:	peg6.jpg 
Views:	46 
Size:	75.4 KB 
ID:	183105
    Airfoolers RULE!!!

--
    then i had to re locate the chain tensioner, its still not completely done tho, i have to trim the edge of the left peg bracket so the tentioner wont get bound up on the bracket. next its modifying the shifter and hole sawing the peg brackets to remove some of the weight and make it look cooler lol.

Name:	chain2.jpg 
Views:	31 
Size:	62.8 KB 
ID:	183107Click image for larger version. 

Name:	chain1.jpg 
Views:	43 
Size:	78.9 KB 
ID:	183108
    Airfoolers RULE!!!

--
    Ok everyone just pretend that the above pics of the peg mounts dont exist lol i wasnt happy with the way it turned out 'not up to par for my skill level' so I came up with a new design that is MUCH MUCH more trick, they are made to hug perfectly around the back of the motor and swoop under fitting as close as possible to the bottom. heres the pics, Ill show them on the bike sometime in the next couple of days.Click image for larger version. 

Name:	bracket1.jpg 
Views:	16 
Size:	72.6 KB 
ID:	183270Click image for larger version. 

Name:	bracket2.jpg 
Views:	15 
Size:	66.4 KB 
ID:	183271Click image for larger version. 

Name:	bracket3.jpg 
Views:	18 
Size:	77.7 KB 
ID:	183272Click image for larger version. 

Name:	bracket4.jpg 
Views:	15 
Size:	79.7 KB 
ID:	183273Click image for larger version. 

Name:	bracket5.jpg 
Views:	13 
Size:	81.3 KB 
ID:	183274Click image for larger version. 

Name:	bracket6.jpg 
Views:	12 
Size:	80.1 KB 
ID:	183275
    Airfoolers RULE!!!

--
    looking good man! anxious to see your pipe set up next. Hope you bring this out to Trikefest 2014 if you have time to make it
    TrikeFest 07,08,09,10,11,12,13,14 SandPuppie's Ride 07,08,09 Imperial Invasion 09, 13

//ArrowChat Integreation Code //