//ArrowChat Code

Thread: can't find a fat cat carb kit

--

can't find a fat cat carb kit

i'm looking for a carb rebuild kit for an 87 tr200 fatcat. can't find one on ebay or rocky mountain. is there a difference from the 86 200x carb? any help?
    Wubba Lubba Dub Dub!!!!!

TRIKES:
    86 250r
    85 250sx
    86 250sx
    84 Yamaha 225DX - Bruins Trike
    85 Yama 225DX - The Rental!
    150cc Piranha powered 70
    110cc Lifan 70
    82 70
    83 ALT 50 Trail Buddy
    88 Yamaha BW 80
    84 z50

--
    thank you my friend.

EDIT: I checked with jetsrus. They dont carry a kit for that model. i'm wondering if one was ever made?? Anyone ever rebuild a fatcat carb?
    Last edited by redsox; 12-02-2013 at 10:56 AM.
    Wubba Lubba Dub Dub!!!!!

TRIKES:
    86 250r
    85 250sx
    86 250sx
    150cc Piranha powered 70
    110cc Lifan 70
    82 70
    83 ALT 50 Trail Buddy
    88 Yamaha BW 80
    84 z50

--
    Here's another on ebay:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Wabron-Carbu...1ea45a&vxp=mtr

It's a Chinese counterfeit but I and others have had decent luck with other carbs for the BWs. The Chinese rip off the designs and use a lot of these carbs on the millions of scooters they manufacture each year. They can build the whole carb for less than the price of an OEM rebuild kit. It's amazing what you can manufacture a part for when you use child labor and have no concern for the environment.

There are other copies being sold on ebay, but $35 seems to be the price point for the vendors.
    The home of the Enduro Alaska video series:
    http://www.youtube.com/user/MisterBigWheel?feature=mhum

--
    its a kei hin, and i'm frustrated. when i got the machine it had a "new" chinese knockoff "wabron" carb. it wouldn't run right. i tuned it and tuned it and the symptoms would be different from one day to the next. you can feel that the carb is junk when you hold it in your hand. i contacted the guy i bought the fatcat from, who was the original owner, and he had the original kei hin. i thought i was all set to rebuild but there is no kit. 640AK, you've had luck with the chinese knockoffs? are they "wabron." maybe i got a "Rare" chinese defect!! their quality control is usually top notch, i'm a little surprised. El Cam, i didn't get a chance yesterday to get the numbers off the kei hin to see if it matches anything else. i will later today, but i'm not hopeful. how different would a 200x carb be if i swapped out?
    Wubba Lubba Dub Dub!!!!!

TRIKES:
    86 250r
    85 250sx
    86 250sx
    150cc Piranha powered 70
    110cc Lifan 70
    82 70
    83 ALT 50 Trail Buddy
    88 Yamaha BW 80
    84 z50

--

--
    look at you go!! thanks man. $42 is a bit steeeeeeep, but its right, so i'm in. do't know how i missed that in all the searches.
    Wubba Lubba Dub Dub!!!!!

TRIKES:
    86 250r
    85 250sx
    86 250sx
    150cc Piranha powered 70
    110cc Lifan 70
    82 70
    83 ALT 50 Trail Buddy
    88 Yamaha BW 80
    84 z50

MPDano is offline At The Back Of The Pack Arm chair racerAt the back of the pack
    --
    Quote Originally Posted by redsox View Post
    look at you go!! thanks man. $42 is a bit steeeeeeep, but its right, so i'm in. do't know how i missed that in all the searches.
    I know this is an old thread but wondering if you we're able to find a rebuild kit. I may take my chance and buy one of those Chinese knock off's for under $20. Would much rather rebuild my oem one. I do see the Sigma Jet kits but they don't have any of the gaskets, just new jets, etc.

MPDano is offline At The Back Of The Pack Arm chair racerAt the back of the pack
    --
    Just ordered an ATC 200X Carb kit as I am hearing they are the same carb. I'll follow up once I start rebuilding it. It's gonna soak in Berrymans first.

--
    If all else fails you can get a xr200 carb replacement. Still has parts available and just like the 200x it's a cheap upgrade. Larger better power bolts in not fab.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Doink is offline At The Back Of The Pack Arm chair racerFirst time rider
    --
    The Chinese knock-offs are not worth even the cheap price they ask. Internals (I've taken apart 20 or so) are low-quality and it's the floats that cause inconsistent symptoms. Springs and rods get weak and bend/break often. The best idea is to disassemble, soak in Berryman's, replace o-rings and make sure the jets are spotlessly clean. Reassemble and you'll be good to go.
    "If it were easy, everyone would be doing it."
    1987 Yamaha BW350 (dealer find, never oiled or gassed)
    1990 Suzuki DR350 Fat Cat/ Big Wheel conversion
    2011 Suzuki KingQuad

--
    Quote Originally Posted by Doink View Post
    The Chinese knock-offs are not worth even the cheap price they ask. Internals (I've taken apart 20 or so) are low-quality and it's the floats that cause inconsistent symptoms. Springs and rods get weak and bend/break often. The best idea is to disassemble, soak in Berryman's, replace o-rings and make sure the jets are spotlessly clean. Reassemble and you'll be good to go.
    Thanks just rebuilt mine last night as I got the 200x kit yesterday. Most interchanged except the main jet. I ended up keeping my old pilot and main, just cleaned it up real well after the whole carb sat in Berrymans for a couple days.

//ArrowChat Integreation Code //