//ArrowChat Code
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: In DESPARATE Need of an Old Vintage Durablue Anti-Fade for a Tecate

--

In DESPARATE Need of an Old Vintage Durablue Anti-Fade for a Tecate

I have an original +6 durablue for my 1st gen Tecate from back in the day. It is planned to be going on my build but the posi-lock anti-fade was F'ed and was far more F'ed by the time I got it off the axle. Now I am stuck without one. I called durablue they said there's nothing they can do and they pointed me toward East Coast ATV because apparently all durablues old stuff went to them but they also said no luck. I have no clue how I am going to find a loose one that could be sold not paired with an axle but if I have to go that route and by it with and axle I just might. I'm just hoping by any bit of luck someone has one or this will now at least be on their mind if they hear of one or something that can work. Thanks.
    TPC TRIKES

FSU Powersports

RNS Powdercoating

--
    I am having the same issue although I never received any response from durablue after several emails and phone calls. From what I have gathered, the early posi lock is similar to what they sell now and they do sell them separately for about 80 bones. The problem is they can't seem to look them up by the dimensions and only by the model of the atv. My plan was/is to find a model with the same diameter axle and use one from that. If that doesn't work out my next option was to have one made. The other option I came up with is probably the easiest solution and that is to just have the axle threaded and use the oem nuts.

--
    if i had an original that someone would donate i have a CNC guy that can make it immediately. So if ANYONE has one and will donate it just for a few weeks ill pay them just for that and pay shipping. please let me know.

i also was looking for ones that would be the same diameter but does the posi-lock itself have splines?? wouldn't those have to match too??
    TPC TRIKES

FSU Powersports

RNS Powdercoating

--
    mine didn't have any splines. It had a sleeve that was threaded on the outside, a giant nut and a clip. The clip locks in the groove on the axle and the sleeve pushed against the clip when the nut was tightened against the rotor hub. I hope that makes some sort of sense. mine is a 2nd gen so it may be a little different. with the first gen I would guess your best bet to find one the same diameter you would have to look at mini quad axles.

--
    This is what you need.
    http://www.3wheelerworld.com/showthr...ght=finishline

If you can get extras made. I have passed on several very cheap durablue T3 axles because the nut was missing and are impossible to find.

--
    Wait, so the two piece nut that is in post #44? I may be able to help, but I will have to look. I have a +4 durablue on a bike from back in the 80's and it may have a durablue nut. I also have a T4 axle with a nut that looks like the one in post #44 with a pinch bolt, and I have a Finishline or JP +6 with a Rad lock nut, which I think the axle is threaded rather than with circlips like on the durablue. Or do you know if the nuts off of the group buy that broncobeast setup will work? I have one of those loose rather than on a bike. We could probably get one of those made or cross referenced or something. I'll check the vintage bike I have and take a pic, I can't remember what it has, but if its durablue its probably not threaded. Let me know if it looked like the RAD nut though.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Tecate Durablue Extended Axle.jpg   929 021.jpg   DSCN1631.JPG   Durablue 2.jpg  
    Last edited by nstyle73; 12-06-2013 at 12:59 AM.
    nstyle73

"When in doubt, wind it out"

Feedback: http://www.3wheelerworld.com/showthr...k-for-nstyle73

--
    I have a loaner posi-lock nut on the way and a CNC machinist ready! I will keep u informed. Let's hope he can make me a few.
    TPC TRIKES

FSU Powersports

RNS Powdercoating

--
    so this is what i got to try and have duplicated. this original one is steel. do u think it would be ok out of billet which most posi-locks r now made of??

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_2075.jpg 
Views:	45 
Size:	1.70 MB 
ID:	182281Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_2076.jpg 
Views:	44 
Size:	1.81 MB 
ID:	182282
    TPC TRIKES

FSU Powersports

RNS Powdercoating

cochran is offline At The Back Of The Pack Arm chair racerAt the back of the pack
    --
    I would think billet would be fine. I am in the same position you guys are in as well with a +6 NOS 1st gen axle. If you are getting these made I would take one or two.

oile is offline Just Too Addicted Arm chair racerJust too addicted
    --
    hows the anti fade nut coming along?

--
    machinist has it and is working on it. says he can do it. also it will be out of stainless steel. so that good. we will c....
    TPC TRIKES

FSU Powersports

RNS Powdercoating

--
    Can you post some pictures of the axle?

Also, there were nuts like these on ebay a few months ago listed as mojave, lakota, tecate, kxt nuts for 35 bucks or so. I just looked around and couldn't find any, but I found this.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Dura-Blue-Po...885734&vxp=mtr

--
    I think that a posi lock would be your best bet, but the nut that I posted a link to is a expensive way of just using 2 nuts like the stock axles do. The allen key bolt helps pinch the nut together which creates the same effect as the 2 nuts counter tightened.

I inlcuded a pic of a 83/4R durablue axle with a single thread nut and the guy who raced it used a wire to hold it in place, I don't know if this was a norm back in the day, but it seems like the nut could have come undone otherwise.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails legos 303.jpg  

--
    Safety wiring certainly was fairly common back then. He went to that trouble to hold it on,now you're soaking it to get it off
    Please help those who cannot help themselves.

ALWAYS buying Museum quality machines,3 and 4 wheels. And any and ALL ,NOS parts,EVERY brand.

I am turning my PM's Off,my Email is billsracing@hotmail.com,put 3WW in the subject. Thanx!

Gun laws do not stop criminals. BULLETS do.

--
    the old durable tecate axles do not have threads. the posi lock has two pieces that thread into each other but not to the axle.
    TPC TRIKES

FSU Powersports

RNS Powdercoating

//ArrowChat Integreation Code //