//ArrowChat Code
Page 2 of 15 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 ... LastLast

Thread: 1984 ATC300R Fooler build

bigdaddyvw185 is offline At The Back Of The Pack Arm chair racerAt the back of the pack
    --
    thanks for the kind words guys, it really does mean a lot to me!. i have put ALOT of time and effort into this build. i had a full
    build thread over on .ORG but with that site in shambles i gave up on the build thread over there. everyone kept telling me i
    needed to make a build thread over on 3WW....So here it is! i am glad to see that my work is getting approved by the triker's
    over here! thanks again!

bigdaddyvw185 is offline At The Back Of The Pack Arm chair racerAt the back of the pack
    --
    I have almost all of the parts needed to assemble the engine, shortline10 was nice enough to set me up with a full gasket kit and a new hot rods connecting rod kit, i am going to use CR500 crank bearings as they are a direct fit and will work fine, the advantage to the CR500 crank bearing versus the stock 250R bearings is that the 250R crank bearing's have 7 balls and the CR 500 bearing's have 8 balls. so that means better weight distribution and longer life, way i look at it they are cheep insurance as i dont plan on splitting the cases on this engine again any time soon. i am going to have the engine built by Ken O'Conner racing here in CT and he will be performing the "power player" modifications from the May 1984 issue of 3 wheeling magazine. here is the link if anyone wants to check it out http://s.com/?page_id=749
    along with some minor trail port work, i went up to his shop last weekend and sat down with him for about an hour discussing what we are going to do with the engine, i stressed the point to him that i do not want a crazy race port job i am just
    looking to get the most effectiveness that i can out of this NOS 300 cylinder comfortably without going crazy. he is going to take my engine and assemble it with the new cylinder and then flow match off the ports. He used the term when I get this
    engine back form being built it will be "Blueprinted" so i am all for that!! lol. then ontop of all the cylinder work he is also
    performing the power player mod's to the piston to help in cooling of the exhaust bridge that is in the 300R cylinder. they are known to form a hot spot in the exhaust bridge and drilling the holes into the piston on the exhaust side helps keep that
    exhaust bridge cool.
    the engine will be making its trip up to ken within the next week or so!! i cant wait!
    Last edited by bigdaddyvw185; 12-05-2013 at 09:30 PM.

--
    NIce looking. If you plan on bringing it up to NH with the new england crew make sure you run an airbox. THe last 300 to go up there with an open air filament has never been the same since

--
    i am planning on running an air box, tho i need to make a new tab for the back mount on my box as it is broken off. yea i would like to go up with the new England guys when the time comes. what happen'd to the last 300 that went up? i take it that it
    injested something bad.....

--
    ask Fabiodriven but yes it swalloed more water than it should have

--
    ......thats never a good thing. i wish him luck with his trike.....

--
    Nice looking build! What are you going to do about the gas tank?
    1986 KLT 185
    1984 200S

Feedback Thread: http://www.3wheelerworld.com/showthr...k-for-Ebaccm26

--
    Quote Originally Posted by ebaccm26 View Post
    Nice looking build! What are you going to do about the gas tank?
    thanks, I actually just got a gas tank off of ebay Wednesday and brought it up to my sandblast guy the same day. my buddy who isthe painter said he wanted it clean and ready to paint for next week. As for colors we are thinking red up the middle of the tank, then black on the raised side panel's with the black panel's outlined with red along the pinch welds on the bottom of the tank. then red on the front of the tank by the triple tree's. it is kind of hard to explain without actually looking at the tank, but the black is going to follow the raised body lines on the sides then be outlined in red on the non raised area's of the tank. my buddy did not want to paint it just Red, he was like lets do something a little different instead of plain red.
    we were thinking of doing the yellow on the side of the tank but ended up going against it, thought the black would be
    better since the engine is going all black. then i am going to get a set of the 2nd gen supper scoops and paint them red to
    match the rest of the red on the bike. it should come out pretty sweet.

--
    I'd say you got a really good deal on the entire package considering my friend just dumped $500 on an '83 R motor that was freshly rebuilt with less than 10 hours on it. It's going in his '91 250X.

--
    i was hesitant on buying the trike in the first place as it is my first 2 stroke. Heck when i first bought it i new very little about 2 stroke trikes. so i was a little hesitant on buying it in the first place just from that fact. i could have made one good runner out of both the trikes that i ended up getting threw out the entire process but i really was dead set on the 300 kit. as you could imagine that NOS cylinder and its matching piston/rings were not that cheap. I had a 87 250X back about 10 years ago, it was a fun quad no doubt, that was what actually got me into wanting a 250R trike. his X will be pretty sweet with the 83 R engine. hell it will be like a trx250R on a budget haha. cant go wrong with that.

nicker71 is offline At The Back Of The Pack Arm chair racerAt the back of the pack
    --
    Will the Cr500 crank seals work too?? I haven't been able to find seals. They are no longer available

Nice build. Looking forward to seeing it when it finished

--
    i am having the same kind of trouble trying to find seals. I am having trouble trying to find a complete engine seal kit for that matter, i called racers toy store yesterday with hopes that Larry would dig one up, he said he would call me back later in the afternoon but i never heard from him, i dont no if he is working today but im going to give him another call. he said he sold complete kits years back but has not sold one in years.....but he said he was going to try and piece one together for me. as for the CR500 crank bearing seals, i was told that you use the stock atc250r crank seals with the cr500 bearings. here is the link where i found out about it form foolers.com http://airfoolers.com/forum/index.ph...=2813.msg40302

so since the cranks seals are no longer available form honda (well you can buy one but not the other) which is nuts......, i am contemplating biting the bullet and picking up this kit from ebay, i dont really want to since i wont be using the bearings but the kit includes both crank seals....
    http://www.ebay.com/itm/Main-Crank-S...63bc00&vxp=mtr
    Last edited by bigdaddyvw185; 12-07-2013 at 12:28 PM.

--
    Well as of now racers toy store is a no go, larry just called me back and said he doesnt have any seals available at all for the
    fooler 250R's, tho he did say he was going to place some orders next week and start building complete seal kits again. but who knows when that will actually become available.....

--
    Quote Originally Posted by bigdaddyvw185 View Post
    i was hesitant on buying the trike in the first place as it is my first 2 stroke. Heck when i first bought it i new very little about 2 stroke trikes. so i was a little hesitant on buying it in the first place just from that fact. i could have made one good runner out of both the trikes that i ended up getting threw out the entire process but i really was dead set on the 300 kit. as you could imagine that NOS cylinder and its matching piston/rings were not that cheap. I had a 87 250X back about 10 years ago, it was a fun quad no doubt, that was what actually got me into wanting a 250R trike. his X will be pretty sweet with the 83 R engine. hell it will be like a trx250R on a budget haha. cant go wrong with that.
    Yeah it will be a pretty nice quad, I just wonder if he paid a little high on the motor. He says it was knocking a little when it warmed up.

--
    knocking would scare me a lil bit, especially considering that it "only had 10 hours on it" that would sketch me out....hopefully he didn't buy someone else's screw up and it works out for him.

on a different not i got my tank back from the sandblaster, only has 2 little tiny dents that will be taken care of, one of them is barely noticeable but there non the less.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	014.JPG 
Views:	10 
Size:	1.91 MB 
ID:	182005Click image for larger version. 

Name:	015.JPG 
Views:	4 
Size:	2.27 MB 
ID:	182006Click image for larger version. 

Name:	016.JPG 
Views:	8 
Size:	2.22 MB 
ID:	182007Click image for larger version. 

Name:	017.JPG 
Views:	6 
Size:	1.96 MB 
ID:	182008

//ArrowChat Integreation Code //