//ArrowChat Code
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Vintage ATV Indoor MX Challenge. March, 8, 2014. Announced

--

Vintage ATV Indoor MX Challenge. March, 8, 2014. Announced

Vintage ATV Indoor MX Challenge. March, 8, 2014.

(December, 11, 2013)—Maysville Ky. Earlywine Racing is proud to announce their inaugural, Vintage ATV Indoor MX Challenge, to be held Saturday March 8, 2014 at Earlywine Racing, in Maysville Kentucky.

This year’s event will be held in conjunction with the last round of Earlywine’s winter ATV series. There will be two rounds of racing running Supercross format with a qualifier heat and one moto main event.

Earlywine’s roomy indoor track will be specially prepped for the event, providing fun and challenging sections for riders of all skill levels and machines in various states of tune from stock to heavily modified.

“We are going on our third year of hosting the OTC Battle Between the States, vintage three-wheeler race and have enjoyed the camaraderie and good sportsmanship exhibited by the three-wheeler racers. We know that there are a lot of four-wheeled enthusiasts out there as well who enjoy maintaining and riding their vintage machines, so we decided to hold the Vintage ATV Challenge, to bring the vintage three and four-wheeled racers together, on a track setup specially for them.” Nikki Earlywine. The event will be filmed to be posted on YouTube.

Classes:

Three-Wheelers
    Vintage A
    Vintage B
    Three-wheeler classes are open to any displacement vintage two-stroke or four-stroke 3-wheeler.

Four-Wheeler
    Two-Stroke A
    Two-Stroke B
    Classes are open to any vintage two-stroke four-wheeled ATV
    Vintage Four-Stroke
    Open to any year, of any displacement four-stroke sport ATV with a first model year of 1999 or older. Newer model year machines can be raced, as long as the first production year of the machine was 1999 or older. The Raptor 350 model is grand fathered in due to the fact that it is essentially a Yamaha Warrior.

Price.
    All vintage racers race FREE! All competitors or participants are required to purchase an annual $25 membership fee so Earlywine racing is letting you race your first class free, to help pay for gas! The free vintage race offer is open to existing members as well. Gate fees are $15 for adults and $10 for children.

For more information, please visit www.earlywineracing.com or call 606-883-3098.

--
    Super cool event!

Mosh is offline I'm the one with all the 2 stroke around here! The day begins with 3WW
    --
    Somebody should get in contact with Tim over at OTC. As of now scheduling is still being worked out, and Tim expressed concerned to Joe that the OTC had races back to back and trying to make this March date would be almost impossible for most of the Ohio guys.

From what I understnad the OTC has made no concrete plans to be able to attend that date.

--
    This is something different. The OTC event is Febryary 8th. Nikki forgot to confirm the February 8 date with the OTC. Its handled.

This is a different event for trikes and vintage quads on a track tamed down somewhat for the vintage machines. If you race the February 8th OTC race and purchase the usual membership, your class is free for the OTC race, and the March 8th event, so come race both.

--
    This maybe me getting old but I don't think a 1999 4 wheeler is vintage. LOL. There was a sharp 86 trx 250r there last year that won what I believe was the school boy class. I got a 89 that I might break out for the occasion. Will a person be able to race a 4 wheeler and a 3 wheeler both for free? Just pay the admission and member fee?

--
    QUOTE=stroberts22;1271647]This maybe me getting old but I don't think a 1999 4 wheeler is vintage. LOL. There was a sharp 86 trx 250r there last year that won what I believe was the school boy class. I got a 89 that I might break out for the occasion. Will a person be able to race a 4 wheeler and a 3 wheeler both for free? Just pay the admission and member fee?[/QUOTE]

I think you right. 1999 is maybe not vintage by dirt bike standards, but it wasn't good enough to vanquish the TRX250R when it came out and its technology is of the same period as the 250R. Allowing the 400EX to run increases the chances of having a decant 4 stroke class in the future.

I checked with Nikki and YES, if you have a three-wheeler and a vintage four-wheeler you can run both classes free with the normal membership. Jeff mentioned that you had a TRX, I was hoping you would bring both machines out. You did awesome last year. We all hope you come out.

--
    hey joe what if you have a 250r quad but has a crf motor in it is that considered vintage or does it cancel it out?

rray62 is offline At The Back Of The Pack Arm chair racerAt the back of the pack
    --
    The 250r has to have the 250r engine, or at least what it came out with from factory. Overbores are fine. I've been trying every possible idea of making my 450r look like a 250 to qualify it, but he keeps shooting me down

"chickenhawk"

Thanks to: Cosmic Quads, Moto Tassinari, CT Racing, Keihin Carbs, Sudco, Renthal, Hinson Racing, Race Tech Suspension, Lonestar Racing, Kenda, ASV levers, Maier, Daystar, OMF wheels, Hel brake lines, Gaerne, Fly Racing gear, Rath racing, Dirt Wheels Magazine.

And most of all, thanks to ATVonDemand!

Also like to thank my sponsor for the Trikefest 2013 Devil's Backbone hill climb in reverse Eric Jensen, without him this would have never been possible.....literally!!!!

--
    either way i'll be there for the series races on it and i'll be there to root on the trike racers but more than likely wont be on a trike

--
    Shadd, race your 350X if you sold your TPC. Its not like you can't do well on it. Help us fill up the gate.

The track will be a lot more tame for this race.

--
    it may be gone too joe im putting fresh rings in it and trading it off

--
    hey rob this was my try at making a 450 look old school like the 250r
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	31.jpg 
Views:	85 
Size:	143.1 KB 
ID:	182693  

--
    Hey guys, im probably out on this. As much as Id love to make it and show Rob Ray whats up

Its going to be about 200 in fuel alone to get there. Almost 8 hrs each way for me.
    RPFLU member and co-owner.
    Hardtails is all we do.
    #NOLINK
    #MAKEHARDTAILSGREATAGAIN
    #SUSPENDTHIS

rray62 is offline At The Back Of The Pack Arm chair racerAt the back of the pack
    --
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadd_27 View Post
    hey rob this was my try at making a 450 look old school like the 250r
    That's pretty cool looking!!!!!!!!

"chickenhawk"

Thanks to: Cosmic Quads, Moto Tassinari, CT Racing, Keihin Carbs, Sudco, Renthal, Hinson Racing, Race Tech Suspension, Lonestar Racing, Kenda, ASV levers, Maier, Daystar, OMF wheels, Hel brake lines, Gaerne, Fly Racing gear, Rath racing, Dirt Wheels Magazine.

Also like to thank my sponsor for the Trikefest 2013 Devil's Backbone hill climb in reverse Eric Jensen, without him this would have never been possible.....literally!!!!

--
    Quote Originally Posted by Kintore View Post
    Hey guys, im probably out on this. As much as Id love to make it and show Rob Ray whats up
    I've been watching my TF video over and over, and this year I plan on passing you
    It's a shame this is too far away from you, would like to see you here, it's an awesome track!!

"chickenhawk"

//ArrowChat Integreation Code //