//ArrowChat Code
Page 5 of 12 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast

Thread: Mickey Dunlap Powroll Racing 200x TT Trike Replica -- ATC finished, see last page

--
    Looks like your thirty day build if I remember right. Progress is really slowed by the winter, I mean its supposed to be a high of -1 Tuesday and a low of -10. coldest we've had in twenty years. No painting inthat weather and I'm running out of LPG for my turbo heater lol. I'm not going to take the engine apart but it is going to get a thorough cleaning on the outside. I have some more NOS coming hopefully soon. Rear chain slider
    Last edited by rg97; 01-27-2014 at 10:41 AM.
    1983 212x "Mickey Dunlap" Powroll TT Trike -Blue frame, Supertrapp (looking for a Powroll DD), WEB Stage II cam, Powroll 6mm stroker, Wiseco 10.25:1 piston stock bore, ported, polished, +2 Swinger,White low-pros and 250R front fender, BAPP rear shock, Powroll Decals, NOS Carlisle R/A's

Gone:
    '83 185s, '86 200x, '70's Full Suspension Hi-Performance ATC RD400,

--
    Quote Originally Posted by rg97 View Post
    Looks like your thirty day build if I remember right. Progress is really slowed by the winter, I mean its supposed to be a high of -1 Tuesday and a low of -10. coldest we've had in twenty years. No painting in that weather and I'm running out of LPG for my turbo heater lol. I'm not going to take the engine apart but it is going to get a thorough cleaning on the outside. I have some more NOS coming hopefully soon. Rear chain slider
    No sir kiddo!! http://www.3wheelerworld.com/showthr...-I-DID-A-DEEPA!!!!!
    All our government does is distract us while they steal from us, misspend our tax $ and ruin our country

--
    20 day sorry lol
    impressive nonetheless
    1983 212x "Mickey Dunlap" Powroll TT Trike -Blue frame, Supertrapp (looking for a Powroll DD), WEB Stage II cam, Powroll 6mm stroker, Wiseco 10.25:1 piston stock bore, ported, polished, +2 Swinger,White low-pros and 250R front fender, BAPP rear shock, Powroll Decals, NOS Carlisle R/A's

Gone:

--
    So I got my new cover from the Mrs. Mosh aka Cosmic Quads, and I couldn't be happier!
    In the pic, it isnt stapled, just sitting on the foam. I have a friend that stapled chair seat covers together for a living so I'm going to get his help stretching it on.

Gone:

--
    I should have included this earlier
    I'm heading down to Mickey's shop on the 15th to get the fenders, some custom exhaust pipes and cones to build my own racing meg, and an oil cooler. I will put up an update once I get back and take some pics
    Also, I've decided on Kirker Automotive Pacific Blue Paint from TP Tools. Anything aluminum (fork tubes, front hub) is getting a primer, color, and clear. (multiple coats of each). Anything steel (frame parts and frame itself) is getting a primer, rust stopper, color, and more clear. Once again multiple coats of everything.
    Frame is 100% stripped, motor out (have some problems with that I need to take care of- bad seals and a paint touch-up) and When the weather improves (7+ inches snow tonight!!!!) I'm going to blast the frame.

Gone:

lokisbuddy is offline At The Back Of The Pack Arm chair racerAt the back of the pack
    --
    Nice build man. you sound as excited as i was when i sunk 5k into my banshee. now i have over twenty bikes with an unsatisfied hunger... don't let this build influence your future as i did mwuhahaha
    200x build
    My Feedback
    The world is broken up into two very different groups of people: there are those who like me, and those who can go to hell

--
    Looking good.Before you staple the cover on,put a trash bag over foam.With sticked covers water soaks into the foam.On the cover start the 4 corners.Take your time is all and don't stretch it to tight.

--
    So I sent the cover and pan out to my upholsty expert friend to have him do it. That was saturday. He said that the cover is a tad big but we can make work perfectly. He complimented Mrs. Moshes work
    More NOS as well. I just got my swingarm chain slider from Pete (petesatc) in the mail today. Part looks great as it should, and NO it isnt the $75 one on rip-off-Bay I paid much less. The worst part was the shipping from UK actually

Gone:

--
    That looks great! I thought Jeswhinehart had reproduced these? And he is very fair and stands buy his work as well as having other colors and a better material for the slider.

I have an 85/86? 350X NOS slider I won't use as I change them over to 86 200X sliders because I have a half dozen!!

John may make them as well. I didn't pay a fortune for mine (looks allot like yours!!) only waiting to re-sell it.

My part number is - 010, so IDK what it fits.

Just checked, mine is the same as yours and for an 85 200X sorry I didn't offer it to you sooner as I have no need for it.....

Steve
    Last edited by Dirtcrasher; 02-13-2014 at 06:01 PM. Reason: Found mine.....
    All our government does is distract us while they steal from us, misspend our tax $ and ruin our country

--
    John does 83-84 R sliders. I dont think that they are the same, but I cant say for sure because the links on his thread to pictures of them are broken.
    Dont worry about it steve. I had fun helping the British economy. Pete can go buy himself a few more cups of earl grey tea now
    Hold onto it for another 50 years and sell it for a grand

If anyone is wondering why I dont update this super often is because I'm getting everything, and I mean EVERYTHING together before I go to work. Nothing wrong with that, but once I get everything together reassembly should go quickly.

Gone:

--
    So I'm still waiting on the cover. No rush there.
    I took a ride down to Mickey Dunlaps place today meaning to get some megaphone components and the fiberglass low-pros. I ended up getting a set of NOS carlisle R/A's as well. 16" x 7.5" x 8". Perfect for ashtabula TT. I will need 6x8 rims (DWT via eBay)
    I will try and get a pic of the exhaust when I can. It's still in the back of the truck
    As for the fenders, I'll be in touch with Bruce (blue27) shortly for the side stickers. Probably just going to be basic black rectangles

Last edited by rg97; 02-16-2014 at 08:32 PM. Reason: Tried turning photo. Failed

Gone:

--
    Put the rest of the decals on the low-pros. Still need the black one with numbers for the rectangular indent, which Bruce (blue27) are working on. Will update when I get those done. These are in the order that Mickey told me and showed me.

Also, I ordered a stainless SHCS from motorsport fasteners via eBay. It says to use anti-seize, but I'm going to use this stuff that is even better, called Blue Goo.
    Heres how they turned out:

Heres how the fenders are GOING to look.

Gone:

--
    Post #72 pic 2.....!!!!!Abominable Snowman in the window??? !!!!!

Lots of rare animals on this site ahhhhaaa ha.

Good stuff rg97!!! I especially like the rear fenders

--
    Quote Originally Posted by DohcBikes View Post
    Post #72 pic 2.....!!!!!Abominable Snowman in the window??? !!!!!

Lots of rare animals on this site ahhhhaaa ha.
    LOL! Yeah, he keeps my back porch company. I throw him old spark plugs and he gobbles em up.
    Should you be paying attention to the ??????
    Good stuff rg97!!! I especially like the rear fenders
    For $270 w/o shipping and a waiting time a lil less than month you can have a set for yourself!
    Last edited by rg97; 03-06-2014 at 05:02 PM.

Gone:

--
    Oh ya ya the tires...they're sweet!

Recently saw a chupacabra on this site......... The abominable snowman was a little easier to spot though.

//ArrowChat Integreation Code //