//ArrowChat Code
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Check out these LED lights I Found

--
    Don't mind a bit.

--
    All right....I wanted to be cool like you guys, so I ordered some too.

Like some others did, ordering one of each of the 18w spot and 18w flood seemed like a good combination. Since my Tecate is back up and running now, I would like to have some lights for it. Now to find a nice headlight and kill switch combo. Where did I see one of those?
    Quote Originally Posted by fabiodriven View Post
    God knows they're not looking to make any effort to do anything, never mind move their foot to shift. If there was something that dispensed Cheetos every time they shifted that might be a different story. Welcome to America, where the biggest is best and even fat people who are too lazy to shift can climb a mountain.

--
    I read all of Jim's info. It gave me a headache. I'm a simple guy.

I'm bolting on the 72W bar along with a "shunt" 2 wire regulator and stock taillight and crossing my fingers!

--
    What trike Jon?

--
    Jon just put a battery in like I did. Lol

--
    I finally got the brackets for the rear lights. I like these mounts. Very versatile. Took it outside just now. I'm all lit up and stuff. I put the rear lights on a switch I mounted to the left front rack bracket.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 100_1645 (Copy).JPG   100_1644 (Copy).JPG   100_1643 (Copy).JPG   100_1642 (Copy).JPG  

--
    Quote Originally Posted by Flyingw View Post
    What trike Jon?
    The Tecate is getting the 72W bar because it has no headlight.

If I have time, the X and the R will each get an 18W flood and 18W spot. IF...

--
    Quote Originally Posted by The_Steve_Man View Post
    Jon just put a battery in like I did. Lol
    That actually was my original plan - just to run a battery total loss for the lights.

But then I observed/figured out they'll run on AC and now I want to try it.

--
    I just got mine too. I was somewhat unimpressed with what they did to make a spot into a flood. They use frosted glass! Okaaaay....

I see that some of you are using much larger light bars, and I can now see why. They really aren't as bright as I'd hoped. With the Cree R5 flashlights we have around, I guess I assumed that these emitters would be just as powerful, but they're not. I also think maybe I made a bad assumption. LEDs typically generate more lumens per watt than incandescent bulbs, but from the specs that came with the lights, They must be 18w *equivalent* rather than 18 watts of power. The spec sheet that comes with them says that the CRLB06 uses 1A @ 12v, and then in the next column says Output Wattage is 18w. Must be that Chinese math, because that's not the way I learned to calculate wattage. I'll try them out in the dark tonight, but I now see why some of you are ordering 72w bars.
    God knows they're not looking to make any effort to do anything, never mind move their foot to shift. If there was something that dispensed Cheetos every time they shifted that might be a different story. Welcome to America, where the biggest is best and even fat people who are too lazy to shift can climb a mountain.

--
    I was impressed with the 18W lights on Xowner's quad and The_Steve_Man's 250R when i saw them in OK last month. I wonder what's different?

None of my flood lights have a fogged lens. Looks like the LEDs are mounted differently in the housing.

--
    I looked at hundreds of light when I was shopping and some did have frosted lenses. I guess to diffuse the light.

--
    Quote Originally Posted by jb2wheels View Post
    I was impressed with the 18W lights on Xowner's quad and The_Steve_Man's 250R when i saw them in OK last month. I wonder what's different?

None of my flood lights have a fogged lens. Looks like the LEDs are mounted differently in the housing.
    They might be, but the fogged lens makes it hard to tell. I bought mine from online-led-store (actually their Ebay store) just like Xowner did. Here's a pic:

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	P1040549.JPG 
Views:	15 
Size:	2.93 MB 
ID:	192133

MNhondaguy is offline At The Back Of The Pack Arm chair racerFirst time rider
    --
    I've installed a few bars on golf carts and trucks. 4 footers. Cost a few hundred dollars. And damn they are bright, well worth the money if that's what you are looking for. I am skeptical of the cheaper eBay ones, but you guys are having good luck with them so I imagine I will as well. We will see.
    83 ATC 200E(X) Big Red

My YouTube- http://m.youtube.com/user/mazdarattiman

My bros (hoopster3030) YouTube- http://m.youtube.com/user/hoopster3030

--
    Update on my adventure: I was excited to post some good news, but I wanted to wait until I got my 2 18w lights mounted on my Tecate to take some pics. I hooked them up the other night on a 12v power supply, and I had been far too harsh on the output. The output was actually quite good, practically lighting up my whole front yard, so I decided to proceed.

Today I got them mounted to the Tecate and then wired through a heavy-duty 10-Amp bridge rectifier. I know someone said they would run off AC, but I didn't want to risk damaging them. Anyway, fired up the engine and they lit up, but were very flickery until I revved up the engine a bit. Then they went steady for about 1 second...and then winked out. Further troubleshooting found one of the lights had become a dead short across the leads. It was the flood that failed. After taking that one out of the circuit, the spot still works. I'm not sure what to think. Obviously, I'm sending the flood back for replacement. These LEDs are supposed to handle up to 30v, but I wonder if that 80w Ricky Stator lighting coil may have just dumped too high of a voltage into these lights with only a 24-watt load. Any thoughts on this?

--
    I'd say unhook the other light and put a meter on the tap and see just how much voltage is coming out of the stator at high rev.

//ArrowChat Integreation Code //