//ArrowChat Code
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4

Thread: What oil are you running in your Big Red 250es?

--
    well I havent drove it much yet. Just a few quick braps only one big adventure

86125m is offline Got The Holeshot Arm chair racerJust too addicted
    --
    I just run name brand 10w-40 (the one that happens to be on sale at the time I do draw the line at dollar general branded oil) and have never had an issue.

--
    Got my 84 200es trained to run on darn near anything. I live off the grid on a mining claim and use that mule daily. Half the time that entails crossing the creek. Maybe, just maybe I will replace all the gaskets (but kinda spendy for an 84) cause I usually wind up with cloudy (water) oil. I just chalk it up to being similar to what any high tech milling machine uses to cut metal. About the time my shifting gets a bit stiff I change it. Usually 10/40 Val. or Pennzoil. Like I said I live on a mining site and between four dredges (seven small air cooled honda's), a couple highbankers, a chipper, several chainsaws (yep), three generators...etc.....I tend to use coupons....HA! And my Toyota 4runner is about to kick 200,000 miles and has the original Pennzoil in it....no, just kiddin' but what a clean burning engine, I'm impressed. I suppose if I only had a couple of oil consumming engines I might invest in spendy oil but like I said before my watery oil seems to satisfy my slow going work horse bigred just fine.

--
    I picked up some gn4 atv honda oil and am gonna change the oil so i know when to change it next. After changing oil figured out i also need oil filters lol, did not know old hondas had those. So good ol amazon came in clutch
    Last edited by 85bigred00; 03-09-2018 at 10:59 PM.

//ArrowChat Integreation Code //