//ArrowChat Code
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Battle @ the Barn VI

--

--
    I didnt stream it but i watched the videos on facebook as raffa posted them. You guys were flying, it looked like a blast.

--

Outlaw #24 is offline At The Back Of The Pack Arm chair racerAt the back of the pack
    --
    Well I thought I would share a couple thoughts and maybe give some perspective of how it feels to be taken out by your own son During a race Let me say that the 1st work at this venue sums it up perfectly. Battle As a Racer my thought was, the SOB took me out, I am going to kick his
    ! I was doing good, I was getting tired as were the others. I was starting to get a little sideways coming of the corners. We got tied up and I lost When you are a close racer like I have been , things happen fast, Very Fast. My son possesses this same quality. I did follow my line and it was up to him to go around me and he was trying as you can see. Him tucking in behind me ain't happening ,because as a father I would have yelled at him if he had done that. He felt bad. I lost my clutch lever on the 1st crash but I was ok to race. When I got to the 88 He was Smokin , throwing sparks, Going out to far so I figured I would slip under him and he came over onto me also! I didn't have a clutch lever So I couldn't check up like I needed to Hench Me getting on my top a 2nd time. SO I crashed all 3 of my units. You see I sold the 88 unit to his dad and that was my personal racer back in the day. I built the #69 unit for my brother back in the day and when he through in the towel I put my son on it. I sold Mine along with my Mxer to buy a sprint car engine in 2000 to #88's dad who I had been racing with for many years I also wanted you all to know that I picked myself up off the concrete and made sure that the feature winner had his photo taking in front of the 3ww banner that Billy Sent to me. That is the first time Kruse Motorsports has ever done that for any group of racers. Thank you Toby Kruse and Billy Golightly for hooking us up. That was for every one of you people on this website and we hope you appreciated that? I was dying in the victory photo's with my son and my twin grandsons Cause the the 2nd crash bruised some ribs. Anyway enough of being a post whore Here is the feature from my go pro and it was on so you could see all of the action behind me! I wanted you all to know that the guy that helped MAtt #331 get started is my Nephew and been my pit guy since he was 15 and is a 33 now with his own familyClick image for larger version. 

Name:	Battle @ the barn 6 photo's 107.JPG 
Views:	210 
Size:	136.6 KB 
ID:	185283 Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Battle @ the barn 6 photo's 113.JPG 
Views:	207 
Size:	137.9 KB 
ID:	185284 Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Battle @ the barn 6 photo's 114.JPG 
Views:	219 
Size:	137.8 KB 
ID:	185285Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Battle @ the barn 6 photo's 117.JPG 
Views:	209 
Size:	138.6 KB 
ID:	185286 I hope you all enjoyed the show. These races would never have happened if it had not been for Jim (Wolf) White Promotions back in the dayClick image for larger version. 

Name:	Battle @ the barn 6 photo's 061.JPG 
Views:	205 
Size:	126.3 KB 
ID:	185287 Have any of you ever seen that before?
    Last edited by Outlaw #24; 01-29-2014 at 12:02 PM.

--
    It isn't all your son's fault. I've heard Ken Schrader say "It was half your fault, you went out there!" Hope you feel better soon. It was pretty cool he was trying to go around on the outside though.

Billy Golightly is offline Always finding new and exciting ways to not give a hoot in hell Catch me if you can
    --
    Blog Entries
    Hey guys, I'm working on putting the article together now, its turning into something a bit bigger and more lengthy than I had anticipated (A common theme in anything I work on it seems...)

Gonna send you guys that were there a PM with a questions so I can use some quotes and stuff from you in it

Billy Golightly is offline Always finding new and exciting ways to not give a hoot in hell Catch me if you can
    --
    Blog Entries
    I just now got to watch this video... holy that is funny and scary at the same time. I love how at the end after you're done spinning, you look under the fender like "What the heck just happened"

--
    2:57 in the video says it all. You here the track official helping you up and he says ...."Hell of a race"!! Man....hard crashes.......glad you are ok buddy. You fellas let it all hang out there every time I watch ya........awesome!
    HEY YOU WORM PICKERS..QUIT PICKIN' MY WORMS!
    Owner of the world' widest atc plow
    Builder of 3 wheeler accessories such as Big Red suspension sidecars,Big red's with full roofs, 3 wheeler elevators, and NOS powered 2 speed tri zingers

"Hold my beer.......watch this sh@# !!!!!!

--
    Quote Originally Posted by Billy Golightly View Post
    I just now got to watch this video... holy that is funny and scary at the same time. I love how at the end after you're done spinning, you look under the fender like "What the heck just happened"
    yeah I was a little embarrassed I knew I didn't have enough parts to fix it really kinda bummed me out

--
    Hell yea that looks like fun. How sticky is it ? Hey Andy mad 70 road trip??????
    If its on the internet its got to be true they can't put any lie's on the internet

--
    Quote Originally Posted by big specht View Post
    Hell yea that looks like fun. How sticky is it ? Hey Andy mad 70 road trip??????

Good lord...talk about adding to the danger factor??? I think that would be a possibility though????
    HEY YOU WORM PICKERS..QUIT PICKIN' MY WORMS!
    Owner of the world' widest atc plow
    Builder of 3 wheeler accessories such as Big Red suspension sidecars,Big red's with full roofs, 3 wheeler elevators, and NOS powered 2 speed tri zingers

"Hold my beer.......watch this sh@# !!!!!!

Outlaw #24 is offline At The Back Of The Pack Arm chair racerAt the back of the pack
    --
    The surface is sprayed with Coke syrup and when the racers are on it the rubber does stick and comes off so after bit the surface is Rubber So rubber on rubber, we are way hooked up. When on a dry slick track a set up is to move everything to the left. When on a Tacky track one might move everything to the rightClick image for larger version. 

Name:	Axle photo's 010.JPG 
Views:	210 
Size:	126.2 KB 
ID:	185884. The width is about 50 inches , It is the position of the 50 inches that makes the difference between in control or out of control Then for some of us it doesn't matter because we are at the ragged edge and are usually on the side of that edge that is Out of control (OOC)

--
    Blog Entries
    Finally got the article up for you guys - fought bugs and issues on the website software the entire time, but I think I have it figured out good enough to where it ought to be legible for you guys;

http://www.3wheelerworld.com/content...-racing-photos

Special thanks for Eric Moore, and also Matt Robi for contributing.

I hope to be able to do more of these articles for other races soon.

--
    I built a new axle set up seems to work great here's a picture. I used a 48 inch wide 4130 chrome moly 1\4 wall racing kart axle. Sprocket and sprocket hub from qrc karts. 7.75. Brake disc 4 bolt hub. Csb 206-20 bearings various different shims and had to modify the carrier assembly.Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20140204_205331 (1).jpg 
Views:	190 
Size:	223.5 KB 
ID:	189763
    Last edited by fasteddieb; 03-23-2014 at 01:32 AM.

--
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20140208_205240.jpg 
Views:	193 
Size:	313.6 KB 
ID:	189713this is what I did to the carrier notice the holes drilled in it.

//ArrowChat Integreation Code //