//ArrowChat Code
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: does polaris suck?

--

does polaris suck?

I think they do except for the 400l and the preditor.

--
    I have never cared for the polarises myself, But I will admit I have been beaten by a few. It's all too easy to get gobs of horsepower out of them, and with the automatic tranny it makes for a very effective drag machine. I had a freind with a 400l that could beat pretty highly modified 440 banshees. They have come a long way since machines like the cyclones were around.

--
    They all suck. My uncles friend put $2000 into a 00 sportsman 500 in the first 10 months he's owned it because everything kept breaking. P.O.S. :!: :!:
    [20:55] <waterpumper> putting a racing pipe on a Foreman is like putting a high dollar bikini on a 400 pound chick...just because it fits doesn't mean it looks cool

--

polaris

The new preditor is going to kick ass. Their other quads are good at what they are made for.
    http://photos.yahoo.com/dynofox250 (TF 03 pic's)

Trikes: Restored '86 ATC 250r, original and mint '83 185s

Quad: '86 TRX 250r

Sled: Rev X 800ho mod

Bike: '00 ZRX 1100

TF '03 and '05 Survivor

--
    Edited

--

Hey

HEY THEIR NOT ALL THAT BAD..

--
    i like polaris but the only thing i dont like about them is they r to slow and they r auto and dont forget that if u flip u brak them really easy. and shawn stop writing in CAPS :!:

Heres a question: Why are you asking 100 retarded questions with your little friends?

Polaris does not suck, No quad manufacturer in general "sucks" & Polaris is far from it. Theyve perfected the Automatic Quad world. I lvoe it when people talk about "belt slippage" on Polarises and then they say they are looking at the Yamaha & Kawasaki Automatics....haha.

Tri-Z_Jim is offline At The Back Of The Pack Arm chair racerAt the back of the pack
    --
    polaris vs yamaha chevy vs ford ride whatever you want and quit asking stupid questions.

--
    Yamaha250 probably said what I think, but Jim said best as far as I can read. Yet another dumb question.

yeah really

WHAT A QUESTION......Does Polaris suck.......hahahahahaha........Yeah...Jim hit the nail on the head.....what a joke on the question.....hey guys i got a question.....Does Honda make 400ex's????? or is it a Yamaha 400ex and a Honda Raptor???

200xer is offline At The Back Of The Pack Arm chair racerAt the back of the pack
    --
    I will never in my life buy a polaris. I believe in buying quality, and I think Polaris is far from it.
    85 200x - Torn apart

Feel free to explain why you think so.

Polaris vs. Yamaha vs. Suzuki

Theyre all the same damn thing!!! SOme have more features than the others!!! When will people learn that?

200xer is offline At The Back Of The Pack Arm chair racerAt the back of the pack
    --
    Let's take a little older ones. The 4x4's were chain driven. So when the chain and sprockets wear out, it's a lot of money, and a pain to replace. The batteries they use are junk, my uncle went through many batteries on his. The newer ones. 01 Trailblazer - rear brakes decided to just stop working, broke the swingarm, chain snapped and broke cases (so much for concentric drive). And these are just the things I know about.

They are easy to ride, and do have decent suspension, but are way too unreliable. Now for just putting around the yard, they are fine, but my riding lawnmower can do that.
    85 200x - Torn apart

ddd

Allright:

Chain Drive: Frotn Chain Drive has been obsolete from Polaris ATV's since 1998 (and yes trhey did have front & rear hsafts on the sportsmans before that)...Yes I agree that is one of the stupidest thins ever & it should have -always- been shaft drive.

Batteries: I dont know how a battery can be bad, a battery is a battery....but if others have experienced this (ive never heard of it) than maybe Polaris's charging system is to blame.

And this 01 Trailblazer........WHoever rode this must be jumping off cliffs or this thing had to be ridden harder than $2 street whore for the swingarm to snap. Chains are a common problem, and Polaris's concentric drive system is not flawless (but what is?) but it certainly is better than a regular non adjusting chain system.

Rob

//ArrowChat Integreation Code //