//ArrowChat Code
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: The year 1910...

--

The year 1910...

Think about this .

Show this to your friends, children and/or grandchildren! The year is 1910, over one hundred years ago. What a difference a century makes!
    Here are some statistics for the Year 1910: *********************************** The average life expectancy for men was 47 years. Fuel for this car was sold in drug stores only. Only 14 percent of the homes had a bathtub. Only 8 percent of the homes had a telephone. There were only 8,000 cars and only 144 miles of paved roads. The maximum speed limit in most cities was 10 mph. The tallest structure in the world was the Eiffel Tower ! The average US wage in 1910 was 22 cents per hour. The average US worker made between $200 and $400 per year. A competent accountant could expect to earn $2000 per year,
    a dentist $2,500 per year, a veterinarian between $1,500 and $4,000 per year,
    and a mechanical engineer about $5,000 per year. More than 95 percent of all births took place at HOME. Ninety percent of all Doctors had NO COLLEGE EDUCATION! Instead, they attended so-called medical schools,
    many of which were condemned in the press AND the government as 'substandard.' Sugar cost four cents a pound. Eggs were fourteen cents a dozen. Coffee was fifteen cents a pound. Most women only washed their hair once a month, and used Borax or egg yolks for shampoo. There was no such thing as under arm deodorant or tooth paste. Canada passed a law that prohibited poor people from entering into their country for any reason. The five leading causes of death were: 1. Pneumonia and influenza 2, Tuberculosis 3. Diarrhea 4. Heart disease 5. Stroke The American flag had 45 stars. The population of Las Vegas Nevada was only 30! Crossword puzzles, canned beer, and iced tea hadn't been invented yet There was no Mother's Day or Father's Day. Two out of every 10 adults couldn't read or write and only 6 percent of all Americans had graduated from high school. Eighteen percent of households had at least one full-time servant or domestic help. There were about 230 reported murders in the ENTIRE U.S.A. ! I am now going to forward this to someone else without typing it myself. From there, it will be sent to others all over the WORLD...all in a matter of seconds! Try to imagine what it may be like in another 100 years.
    Please help those who cannot help themselves.

ALWAYS buying Museum quality machines,3 and 4 wheels. And any and ALL ,NOS parts,EVERY brand.

I am turning my PM's Off,my Email is billsracing@hotmail.com,put 3WW in the subject. Thanx!

Gun laws do not stop criminals. BULLETS do.

--
    Kinda puts things in perspective, doesn't it?
    and maybe no income tax?
    Some people did, in fact, live to be over 100.
    I'd like to know their secrets.
    Hope this thread keeps going.

--
    I know my neighbor who was raised in an "average" sized family of 15 said. We had a bath once a week rather we wanted one or not. And if you were 15th. That basin of water was pretty dirty,cold and disgusting. They heated ONE basin of water,not 2 or 3 ! ONE. They lined up,15 of them,and stepped into that basin to "bath"... yucckkkyyy. But that was really the least of their worries. They also had to eat.
    Please help those who cannot help themselves.

ALWAYS buying Museum quality machines,3 and 4 wheels. And any and ALL ,NOS parts,EVERY brand.

I am turning my PM's Off,my Email is billsracing@hotmail.com,put 3WW in the subject. Thanx!

Gun laws do not stop criminals. BULLETS do.

--
    I am certainly glad to be in the times I am. 1 day without a shower and I feel disgusting. I am a big history buff and we certainly have come a long way in just 100 years.

However I am a little let down when I think back to the early 90's and a show called "Beyond 2000". We were supposed to be vacationing on the moon already and have laser pistols. What the heck. LOL.

I just hope we make as big of changes in this next 100 years as the last. I am certainly worried about this next generation and how content they are on the couch.
    Trikes: All Honda: 84 250r, 85 86 and 87 250sx, 84 and 85 125m, 79 82 84 and 85 110's, 73 us 90 and 77 atc90, 75 atc70
    Cycles: Honda: 71 cb100, 78 cb750 coming soon cb750 trike. Yamaha: 67 yds 3 (250cc, 2cyl, 2 stroke), 82 750 SECA
    Other toys: Chenoweth VW sandrail dune buggy, old race go kart, racing mower, 76 Arctic Cat Pantera 440 snowmobile

KEEP IT ON ALL 3 OR AT LEAST 2 AT A TIME

--
    Another 100 years? I think we look to the future as 6 months to a year, especially if we are Apple Fans! lol,lol,lol..

--
    Quote Originally Posted by trike savior View Post
    I am certainly glad to be in the times I am. 1 day without a shower and I feel disgusting. I am a big history buff and we certainly have come a long way in just 100 years.

However I am a little let down when I think back to the early 90's and a show called "Beyond 2000". We were supposed to be vacationing on the moon already and have laser pistols. What the heck. LOL.

I just hope we make as big of changes in this next 100 years as the last. I am certainly worried about this next generation and how content they are on the couch.
    Laser pistols?
    with they way the Anti gun crowd is today? We'd be lucky if we could even own a transporter or fly our Ships at Hyper warp with all the "Politically correct" people who are committed to taking away everything We love!

--
    My economics teacher in high school use to love to say something like this, not my research but something to think about.

It took the population of the human race from the beginning of man until the year 1900 to reach 1 billion.

It took the next 114 years to reach 8 billion.

The math on this is not working in our favor, I hope we find some solutions...

--
    Quote Originally Posted by DohcBikes View Post
    My economics teacher in high school use to love to say something like this, not my research but something to think about.

It took the population of the human race from the beginning of man until the year 1900 to reach 1 billion.

It took the next 114 years to reach 8 billion.

The math on this is not working in our favor, I hope we find some solutions...
    yeah stop giving more money to welfare for each kid they have. 15 and 16 year olds stop getting pregnant. and us adults stop going to happy hour
    current rides
    82' ATC110
    85' ATC310R
    85' ATC250R
    85' ATC250ES
    16' brute force 750

--
    Don't know who said it, but a smart man once said "the rich get richer and the poor get kids". I think we need to start drug testing for welfare and other benefits. If I have to pee in a cup for work, I think they should too. Not what this thread is about but since it got brought up.
    Trikes: All Honda: 84 250r, 85 86 and 87 250sx, 84 and 85 125m, 79 82 84 and 85 110's, 73 us 90 and 77 atc90, 75 atc70
    Cycles: Honda: 71 cb100, 78 cb750 coming soon cb750 trike. Yamaha: 67 yds 3 (250cc, 2cyl, 2 stroke), 82 750 SECA
    Other toys: Chenoweth VW sandrail dune buggy, old race go kart, racing mower, 76 Arctic Cat Pantera 440 snowmobile

--
    Quote Originally Posted by trike savior View Post
    Not what this thread is about but since it got brought up.
    My post explains what I think about when I "try to imagine the next 100 years". I thought that's what this thread was about, my apologies if I misunderstood.

I agree with welfare drug testing.
    Where's my Back to the Future Hoverboard? Been waiting a long time for that...

--
    in the last 100 years, it seems our Egos have out grown the population 10 fold! People have gotten a lot more greedy, everything is me, me, me, and we see nothing wrong with ruining our own children's futures, just to get ahead today! All these huge companies who pollute and the big oil companies digging up the earth all over the world causing god knows what sort of damages to the future by all these oil spills and leeching deadly chemicals into the ground, smog blahhh blahhh blahhh.. all for the sake of $$$, yet, what are they going to tell their kids or grand kids or great grand kids when they cannot leave the house without a space suit on because there's no air or its to poisonous?
    "Sorry jimmy, grandpa thinks its horrible that you cannot enjoy the world outside of the domed city we live in, or feel the cool mountain waters as you swim in the streams and lakes outside the dome and experience the rest of the world as it one was when I was younger, but hey, I can say, I had a GREAT time in my army of sports cars, jetting off to anywhere in the world on any one of my private jets, drinking the best booze and snorting the finest coke while eating 3 inch thick steaks cut from the cow that very day! And it was all due to NOT following procedure and illegally dumping poisonous waste from my plants into the local rivers and oceans and sending so much air pollutants out of my plants smoke stacks, bird who flew through it would fall like stones from the sky!"

yeah, It may be sort of hypocritical of me to say all that as I drive a V8 truck, burn oil in my furnace and own a gas burning trike but like I said, its our egos,,,mine included

--
    In 100 yrs I predict the earth will not be populated by humans. If so who would want to be alive to see that mess! NOT I! BTW Bill Maher is a jackxxs.

--
    DOHC bikes: I was referring to my post. I seen how you got there with your comment that I wanted to add to.

There is no doubt that we are reproducing faster than mice or rabbits. The one good thing that will come from this is, I think it will force us to start moving out into the solar system, colonizing other planets and what not. Of course there is the fear that the earth will end up like the movie "judge dredd", a dead planet with a few mega cities. I am hopeful that wont be the case. The ideas on how to get materials into space are already out there (space elevators) we just need enough countries to split the bill to build one. and then we can start building large enough vessels to go a long way. We are working on it and I think the more our population grows the bigger the demand will get.

This has to happen if we are going to continue as a species. someday long after all of us are gone, the sun will begin to die and we will need to abandon the earth. The sooner we start the better our chances are. Not to mention the fact that there are phenomena in space that could wipe us out at anytime. A collapsing super nova millions of light years away can direct enough energy to wipe out our entire universe. Just a matter of being in the line of fire.

So my hope for the next 100 years is colonizing space and humans finally leaving the confines of our solar system.

As far as pollution and global warming. The ball is already rolling. My belief is that it will conclude with another ice age. which aside form the deaths and displacement of would actually be a good thing. they say Antarctic ice has more carbon dioxide trapped in it than we have put out there. I think another ice age would trap most of the gasses we are worried about it. And man has already lived through an ice age. it would certainly be a change but it is survivable.

I think there is 1 thing everyone could agree on. we are well overdue for the next global disaster or plague that will wipe out a large chunk of the population. I hope I do not have to see it but it is coming. Mother earth has always had a way of keeping balance.

--
    Thanks for clarifying Savior...

I completely agree that space colonies are the only solution I see as well if we want to continue to multiply.
    I have chosen not to have children due to my perception of the direction of the human race up to this point.

It will definitely be interesting to see where the tumbling ball of technology takes us in the future.

--
    Quote Originally Posted by DohcBikes View Post
    Thanks for clarifying Savior...

I completely agree that space colonies are the only solution I see as well if we want to continue to multiply.
    I have chosen not to have children due to my perception of the direction of the human race up to this point.

It will definitely be interesting to see where the tumbling ball of technology takes us in the future.
    I hear that.... Have puppys not kids!

//ArrowChat Integreation Code //