//ArrowChat Code
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Lookie at What Followed Me Home Today

Dave Little is offline At The Back Of The Pack Arm chair racerAt the back of the pack
    --
    Nice set up. Whenever I get a piece of equipment like that one of the first things I do is slap an hour meter on it.
    Quote Originally Posted by glamy View Post
    I`ll show you mine if you show me yours......i like the little clicks around here you`re so cute !! You guys need a bag ......for your tools ?

--
    I already have one on order Dave. Everything related to maintenance is per hours of operation.

--
    Today I cranked up my new compressor and ran it for break in. Then I built the outlet manifold and regulator. After that I tossed a few things in the blast cabinet and started testing. I had bought a 1/4 tip and with the valve wide open, it holds a constant pressure in the cabinet at about 45PSI. Not bad for glass bead but I want a little higher pressure. I tried a slightly smaller tip and it held pressure at about 55psi. Much better but the blast pattern is a bit small for my desires. Then I tried the tip off my sand pot which is about a 3/16 hole but the end of the hole is flared out (worn from sand) but that worked the best so my plan is to take a new 3/16 tip and see if I can find a way of flaring the ceramic. That should give me what I'm after.

--
    Ok, now you lost me! so my 50 gal craftsman compressor won't keep up with a 100gal pressure blaster? looking to get this one = http://www.eastwood.com/eastwood-100...e-blaster.html. Don't mean to steal your thread, but just wanted to ask since you were already on topic. Your compressor is obviously much better!! I was planning on using more walnut shells and aluminum oxide.

85' 350x (newest addition)
    85' Tecate (Still dealing with electircal Issues!)
    85' Tri-Z (On the back burner)
    85' 200x (SOLD)

Leave me Feedback: http://www.3wheelerworld.com/showthr...ack+for+ama009

--
    Your fine asking here. You mean your blasting pot is a 100 pound not 100 psi. According to the specs on it, it uses 10 CFM. Look at the specs on your compressor. If its 10 CFM or greater, you'll be ok. These pots and blasters are two fold, volume and CFMs. Say for example you have a 30 gallon tank with a compressor that puts out 6 CFM like my Craftsman, you will deplete the volume in the tank faster than the air compressor can replenish. This is the problem I had. Now, the larger the hole in the tip means air will escape out of the hose faster and visa versa. Even with my new compressor, the tip I'm using jacks the CFMs required from about 15 to about 22 CFMs so I'm actually tasking my new compressor at its upper limits. I've been playing with different size tips trying to find a good balance between blast pattern I want and not depleting my air supply faster than the pump can replenish and I think I'm there.

--
    Very nice setup Jim, I love that cabinet!!

I had the 6HP craftsmen with a 30 gallon tank and DEEPA blew it up. It was so loud and ran forever!!

Now I have a 80 gallon cast iron/dual cylinder/230V compressor and it's great.

This THING -
    Quote Originally Posted by ama009 View Post
    Ok, now you lost me! so my 50 gal craftsman compressor won't keep up with a 100gal pressure blaster? looking to get this one = http://www.eastwood.com/eastwood-100...e-blaster.html. Don't mean to steal your thread, but just wanted to ask since you were already on topic. Your compressor is obviously much better!! I was planning on using more walnut shells and aluminum oxide.
    Pressure pot blaster wastes more media and it gets in your ears/nose/throat, I left it on my front lawn as it clogged yet AGAIN and the valves were worn out AGAIN. I hate them; Some guys try to catch it on a tarp (outside in the wind), yep, that's fun........ Cabinet does most everything but a frame and I can have a local guy bang that out and powder coat it......
    All our government does is distract us while they steal from us, misspend our tax $ and ruin our country

--
    Quote Originally Posted by Flyingw View Post
    Your fine asking here. You mean your blasting pot is a 100 pound not 100 psi. According to the specs on it, it uses 10 CFM. Look at the specs on your compressor. If its 10 CFM or greater, you'll be ok. These pots and blasters are two fold, volume and CFMs. Say for example you have a 30 gallon tank with a compressor that puts out 6 CFM like my Craftsman, you will deplete the volume in the tank faster than the air compressor can replenish. This is the problem I had. Now, the larger the hole in the tip means air will escape out of the hose faster and visa versa. Even with my new compressor, the tip I'm using jacks the CFMs required from about 15 to about 22 CFMs so I'm actually tasking my new compressor at its upper limits. I've been playing with different size tips trying to find a good balance between blast pattern I want and not depleting my air supply faster than the pump can replenish and I think I'm there.
    Yep, Mine is 6 cfm at 90psi. So this thing will run constantly and not keep up. : (

85' 200x (SOLD)

--
    Dirtcrasher -"Pressure pot blaster wastes more media and it gets in your ears/nose/throat, I left it on my front lawn as it clogged yet AGAIN and the valves were worn out AGAIN. I hate them; Some guys try to catch it on a tarp (outside in the wind), yep, that's fun........ Cabinet does most everything but a frame and I can have a local guy bang that out and powder coat it......"

Planning on sending my frame out, but wanted the pot blaster to use with the cabinet. What would be better to do all the small parts?

85' 200x (SOLD)

--
    Yep, 6 CFMs would cause your compressor to run constantly with a drastic pressure drop when the volume runs out. Now, with that said, you can buy an inexpensive syphon cabinet and plumb the pressure pot in to it. Basically the same type of setup I have. You would need to make a few changes to the pressure pot to make it more convenient to use with a cabinet but very doable. Tomorrow I'll be out on my lawn with my pressure pot doing a frame and swinger. Normally I take them to my guy to PC but this build is for a friend on a budget so I'll use the Black Beauty I had left over from a couple of projects and hit the frame and swinger with appliance paint.

A syphon cabinet will do small parts ok but it doesn't have the power a pressure type has. I'm spoiled with the pressure type. I had one at my last job and I used the snot out of it. It truly makes easy work of it that's for sure. I spent about an hour and a half in front of my cabinet today and got about 95% of the hard parts stripped and ready to PC and that's what I'm getting ready to tackle. I'll use my little syphon cabinet to handle most of the little parts.

--
    Thanks for your info Flyingw!!! good stuff!

85' 200x (SOLD)

--
    If you have never been, go to Garage Journal and sign up. Its free. There is so much info there for building your own cabinet or converting a syphon cabinet to a pressure system. Tons of other great info there covering just about all topics concerning blasting, powder coating, painting, tools and anything else garage related.

http://www.garagejournal.com/forum/

--
    This is what you need to make.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 100_0592 (Copy).JPG   100_0593 (Copy).JPG   100_0594 (Copy).JPG   100_0595 (Copy) (Copy).JPG  

--
    Quote Originally Posted by Flyingw View Post
    This is what you need to make.
    What are you showing us?

--
    Opps!!! wrong thread

--
    Quote Originally Posted by ama009 View Post
    Dirtcrasher -"Pressure pot blaster wastes more media and it gets in your ears/nose/throat, I left it on my front lawn as it clogged yet AGAIN and the valves were worn out AGAIN. I hate them; Some guys try to catch it on a tarp (outside in the wind), yep, that's fun........ Cabinet does most everything but a frame and I can have a local guy bang that out and powder coat it......"

Planning on sending my frame out, but wanted the pot blaster to use with the cabinet. What would be better to do all the small parts?
    Get the cheap Harbor Freight cabinet. I had to reinforced my legs and put it on wheels and built a better grate for it as red paint from it got on everything I wanted to powder coat. It BLASTED everything for my 200X 20 Day build. You can find it on Google using "dirtcrasher" easier than the 3WW search button but regardless, it blasted a ton of stuff!! This will be a suction feed and with the new nozzle and plenty of plastic clear protectors to save the glass from the blast.

Jim has a VERY NICE cabinet but it isn't a cheap one; Well worth it though!!

I found that pressure pot blaster to be useless and a waste of media. It also feels lovely in your eyes and ears .....
    All our government does is distract us while they steal from us, misspend our tax $ and ruin our country

//ArrowChat Integreation Code //