//ArrowChat Code
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Lookie at What Followed Me Home Today

--

Lookie at What Followed Me Home Today

Daddy's got a brand new toy!!!!! and it's black and red. Its a sign from the Gods, the Honda Gods. A while back I bought a pressurized blast cabinet but my Craftsman 33gal compressor fell way short of powering it. The other problem I had was nowhere to put an upright compressor except for in my shed but to do that would have cost me about 2k for electrician and concrete work plus the cost of the compressor. The solution!!!!! a gas powered compressor. I'm building a dolly it will sit on so I can move it around if I need to. My Craftsman will work fine as it has for my everyday air needs but when I need a bunch of air to run my blast cabinet, this will fill that requirement very nicely. I have my garage cat guarding it. She's locked and loaded.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 100_1398 (Copy).JPG   100_1396 (Copy).JPG   100_1397 (Copy).JPG  

--
    Nice unit!Motor will last a lonnnnggg time.

Dave Little is offline At The Back Of The Pack Arm chair racerAt the back of the pack
    --
    Jeez, you coulda incorporated that into your carb test bench, you know 'vertical integration'....and then train the cat to run it while you're using the cabinet.
    Quote Originally Posted by glamy View Post
    I`ll show you mine if you show me yours......i like the little clicks around here you`re so cute !! You guys need a bag ......for your tools ?

TrickShot is offline At The Back Of The Pack Arm chair racerAt the back of the pack
    --
    Thats one Fat garage cat! She must be good at the guard duty, because it looks like nothing gets passed her!

--
    hahahahaha you feeding that cat mcdonalds or what

nice compressor setup , im jealous!
    TrikeFest 07,08,09,10,11,12,13,14 SandPuppie's Ride 07,08,09 Imperial Invasion 09, 13

--
    I was always under the impression that a sandblaster couldnt be ran on one of those little compressors ? How does that one keep up when your 33gal one wouldnt? Does this one make more air per second? ( if that is even a term. HA!)
    An F-16 turned the after burners on and banked HARD over my house, I ran outside grabbed my Bud Light and Yelled as loud as I could................

GIT IT RAG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

"MR.Clean"

New 10 inch wheel buy http://www.3wheelerworld.com/showthr...12#post1258412

--
    I'll find out X. The blaster uses about 15 CFM and the compressor puts out about 25 CFM with a 100% duty cycle. I may have to add an external storage tank for added volume but I can handle that if need be. My Craftsman is an Oilless single stage putting out about 6 CFM with a duty cycle of about 50%. I've run the snot out of the Craftsman over the years far exceeding its duty cycle requirements so I'm surprised its lasted this long. I still have to finish the prep on it later today before I can put it to the test. Last night I built a dolly for it and got an external battery mounted and wired up for the Estart. The compressor is designed to be mounted to a service truck using the trucks onboard battery for the starter so I mounted a battery to the dolly.

Outlaw #24 is offline At The Back Of The Pack Arm chair racerAt the back of the pack
    --
    I am jealous I want the cabinet. Is the cat for sale?

robertc is offline At The Back Of The Pack Arm chair racerFirst time rider
    --
    Need to get some racks for Big White
    1986 ATC 250R
    1986 ATC 250SX
    1987 Big Red
    1984 ATC 70
    1983 ALT 50

--
    The cats labor rates can be cost prohibitive......

Chopsaw is offline Just Too Addicted Arm chair racerJust too addicted
    --
    Quote Originally Posted by Flyingw View Post
    The cats labor rates can be cost prohibitive......
    You mean the food bill !!

--
    That's a really nice compressor you have there Flyingw! I've been looking at the same model to replace my 80 gal. Ingersoll Rand. I was amazed at the performance of this unit. It definitely outperforms my current unit, and I like that it is easily made to be portable.

--
    Nice setup!! Looking to get something similar : )

85' 350x (newest addition)
    85' Tecate (Still dealing with electircal Issues!)
    85' Tri-Z (On the back burner)
    85' 200x (SOLD)

Leave me Feedback: http://www.3wheelerworld.com/showthr...ack+for+ama009

--
    Hehe... Fat Cat...

IIt will be interesting to see if that little compressor will do the trick.
    Its all about the CFMs @90 PSI. If you can get 12-15CFMs out of it @ 90 psi, then you should be good.
    Your tank capasity just dictates the overall storage of air you have.
    I don't know all the jargon, but if your cabinet needs 15 cfm, you should run a 12-15cfm compressor.
    You should be able to use the cabinet constantly. The larger the storage tank, the langer you can run before the internal pressure drops to the point that the compressor needs to turn on to refill.
    If you put a gauge and a Regulator on you cabindet, you will be able keep an eye on your pressure.
    If it drops below 90 psi the effectiveness of the media will be lost.

[B]
    1973-74 Honda ATC 70 Chrome Custom

Argo (ODG) Taurus 650, Pacesetter WR-PIII, Commuter 380, TE390, Granger, Sasquatch, John Deere AMT 600, Honda 250es & sx

Trikefest Survivor: 2014, 2015, 2016
    Trikefest Alberta: 2017, 2020

Trikefest 2015 A.K.A MUDFEST
    Coolpool: TURN!
    hoosierlogger: I'M TRY'N TO TURN! (Riding his ALT50)

--
    I did allot of looking around at different gas powered compressors and for the money, this is the one I kept coming back to. Even without the tank, the motor/compressor combination has the capability to make enough air to run my cabinet. Blasting with glass bead is best at 50-60psi. Anything over that destroys the glass faster with no added benefit. This cabinet is made by SCM and it was designed for doing glass, wood, and stone etching. Retails for about $4000.00. I got it for $1500.00. I bought a larger tip, added three 36" florescent light fixtures and patched up a few leaks. The size is perfect for the space I had allocated. I re-piped the pressure tank as some of the fittings were leaking and I put a new regulator on it. Last night I built a dolly for the compressor but I didn't have a chance to finish the prep on it so I haven't fired it up yet. I have to run it for 20 minutes unloaded with the tank valve open to break it in but one that's done, all that's left is to add a regulator and QD.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 100_1400 (Copy).JPG  

//ArrowChat Integreation Code //