//ArrowChat Code
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: Lookie at What Followed Me Home Today

--
    I broke my pot blaster out today and blasted the frame for the SX I'm working on. I had just enough Black Beauty to do the frame. I did manage to PC the swinger though. I wasn't sure how I was going to handle it in and out of the oven but it worked out just fine. Last night I blasted and painted most of the black PC. Now I'm getting ready to tackle the red stuff and the small parts.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 100_1404 (Copy).JPG   100_1405 (Copy).JPG   100_1406 (Copy).JPG  

--
    Thanks Flying! reading through it tonight!

Quote Originally Posted by Flyingw View Post
    If you have never been, go to Garage Journal and sign up. Its free. There is so much info there for building your own cabinet or converting a syphon cabinet to a pressure system. Tons of other great info there covering just about all topics concerning blasting, powder coating, painting, tools and anything else garage related.

http://www.garagejournal.com/forum/

85' 350x (newest addition)
    85' Tecate (Still dealing with electircal Issues!)
    85' Tri-Z (On the back burner)
    85' 200x (SOLD)

Leave me Feedback: http://www.3wheelerworld.com/showthr...ack+for+ama009

--
    Quote Originally Posted by Dirtcrasher View Post
    Get the cheap Harbor Freight cabinet. I had to reinforced my legs and put it on wheels and built a better grate for it as red paint from it got on everything I wanted to powder coat. It BLASTED everything for my 200X 20 Day build. You can find it on Google using "dirtcrasher" easier than the 3WW search button but regardless, it blasted a ton of stuff!! This will be a suction feed and with the new nozzle and plenty of plastic clear protectors to save the glass from the blast.

Jim has a VERY NICE cabinet but it isn't a cheap one; Well worth it though!!

I found that pressure pot blaster to be useless and a waste of media. It also feels lovely in your eyes and ears .....
    Too Funny, I just happened to buy these today before seeing your post! I know you do not favor the pressure pot, but I figured I would give it a shot because I have heard others that say they love it.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	photo 1(1).JPG 
Views:	13 
Size:	1.58 MB 
ID:	185259Click image for larger version. 

Name:	photo 2(1).JPG 
Views:	12 
Size:	1.48 MB 
ID:	185260

85' 200x (SOLD)

--
    Hey Flying! Are you drying the frame out with that heater? I have seen the infrared heaters used for curing the PC, but does that get it up to 400degrees? This answer may be in that link to the garage journal, but I have not gotten to that yet.

Quote Originally Posted by Flyingw View Post
    I broke my pot blaster out today and blasted the frame for the SX I'm working on. I had just enough Black Beauty to do the frame. I did manage to PC the swinger though. I wasn't sure how I was going to handle it in and out of the oven but it worked out just fine. Last night I blasted and painted most of the black PC. Now I'm getting ready to tackle the red stuff and the small parts.

85' 200x (SOLD)

Tomcall is offline At The Back Of The Pack Arm chair racerFirst time rider
    --
    Hey Jim
    Just curious. How are you going to vent the exhaust for your new compressor?

--
    Its on a dolly. I roll it outside when I use it.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 100_1399 (Copy).JPG  

--
    Duh! But do your neighbors love you?

--
    I don't run it after 9pm so screw my neighbors. Its not too terribly loud so screw my neighbors. I only use it to run my blast cabinet.

--
    Yea, so screw those neighbors!!!

//ArrowChat Integreation Code //