//ArrowChat Code
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: RIDERS: around Rochester NY...

kwit is offline First Time Rider Arm chair racerNew to the board
    --

RIDERS: around Rochester NY...

start a thread so we can get riding
    current bikes: 1985 200x,Tricked sport goped,2003 magnum 330 polaris(my dad won it)

old bikes:tricked racing 97 blaster,1983 kx 80,1983 200e bigred

--
    I live in Oswego, 1 hour north of Syracuse, 1 hour east of Rochester.
    I ride almost every weekend, snow permitting.

MIK6 / Mike
    TECATE RIDER, HASPIN SURVIVOR!!
    Trikefest 02, 03, 04, 05, 06, 07, 08, 09, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14 and beyond
    RAFFAs Ice-fest 09, 10, 11, 13, 14, 15
    Pensyltucky 09, 12, 13, 14, 15
    New England Ride 4/13

--
    Im up for it! There is a new atv park in north cohocton...went there last weekend....That would be a cool place for a local get together if anyone is interested...($15 a day riding).......................

--
    its tough for me to get away, kids, work, wife!! Im dying to go riding though. I need to work on my X, shes not behaving latley........
    Haspin veteran '02, '03, '04, '05

"Hey is your dash-cam on? Are we gonna be on C.O.P.S?"

RECOVERING Trikeaholic

--

well if wer gunna do this let me know kuz..

i still have to finish my 200x so i can ride and i need to find money and transportaton for mine and a couple of my buddies bikes and everything... so what ever u guys want to do
    current bikes: 1985 200x,Tricked sport goped,2003 magnum 330 polaris(my dad won it)

TheOlderFox is offline At The Back Of The Pack Arm chair racerAt the back of the pack
    --

Riding

I am out in Buffalo and need to finish rebuilding two machines before I can go riding. So we'll see what happens
    Anyone know of a new project machine for me around Wisconsin?

--

ic

hey olderfox? .. are u planing on attending trike fest?
    if so .. maybe i could fallow you .. never been ther

--
    im about 4 hours away i think im up for the drive in the spring/summer
    looking for a TRI-Z 250 to restore at the moment

LONG LIVE THE 2 STROKES !!!

TheOlderFox is offline At The Back Of The Pack Arm chair racerAt the back of the pack
    --
    kwit, ya I am planning on going to trike fest with my brother and one of his friends. We have never been out there either. Check with me closer to June and we can see what happens.

--

sounds good

well i have to barrow a truck from my buddie or sumthin im only 16 with my permit so ill have to get signatures so theyll let me in at the gate .. how for away is it from rochester do you know?... im thinking ill bring a 150 bucks for gas and gate fee.. buddy of mine will probly do the same i dont know how many people im goin with yet i still have to ask around ,and see how school is. im the only one out of use with a 3 wheeler but they love riding so while see how things go

--
    there is a trail that when i lived in leroy/batavia area that goes all the way to buffalo(i didn't have a machine at the time but always wanted to ride it maybe this year...

i'm currently looking for a nice place around corning to hit but no luck yet been up and down the tracks headed for watkins but it is a rr service rd and it ends after about 2 miles from corning.
    boring...
    1982 250r it will run again, new rings,razors,stator!!!(UGLY)
    1985 200x runs on race fuel or alky ONLY!
    western new york riders check out:
    http://groups.yahoo.com/group/wny3wheelernuts/

--
    Jack.... you're killing me! I thought you were going to get a hold of me when you went to Cohocton next???? I live less than 20 minutes from there. I teach at Wayland-Cohocton School District.

kwit... I'm down in Dansville. (35-40 minutes south of Marketplace out past Conesus Lake) Got 250 acres on our mainfarm if you wanna ride. That goes to those others in NY too. Let me know, especailly in the summer. We got waterfalls on the farm and some nice places to camp. Got a trail that takes me to the top of the big falls. Even have an old camper that had electric, water and septic hooked up, but no-one has used it in about 5-6 years, so I'm sure the critters have taken over. Maybe someone (or more) would like to come down in the spring and help me groom some more trails and 'reclaim' the trailer??? Some of the woods got logged last summer, so more trails as long as we get a lot of the tops out of the way.

Even got a dozer and backhoe if you want to make some tracks! Been joking with my Mom that we ought to make the farm into an ATV park! hahahaha.... Of course, I'd give a discount to the 3 wheeled variety of bikes! (3 wheelers $10 -- 4 wheelers 15 to 20 bucks! ) Not sure of the liability insurance issues, or the fact that you'd have to cross the road for the best woods trails I got.

Here's a pic of the 2nd waterfall.... we own 2-3 out of the 7. At the base there is a railroad bed that runs from Sonyea out past Wayland. Up the road from me there are supposively 5 miles of trails and a gas line that runs from Conesus lake out past Wayland.

Bruce
    '85 ATC350X - "Showgirl" '86 OEM plastics/Fork boots, Rear Axle/Rotor/Hubs, Hondaline Fender stabalizer/extender, Speedo/Tach, Tank cover.
    '86 ATC350X - 'Go-Go Girl'
    '82 ATC250R - 'California Girl' - Progressive springs F and R, Hondaline HL Guard, Fairing and Speedometer.
    '82 ATC250R -'Snow Bunny' Ice Racer, Very Clean, Hondaline Fairing, custom FT tire, will put in the 300R motor
    '70 US90 'Ol'Girl" - Aquarius Blue... all original seat and tires. Resto project in the future
    '85 ATC250ES-'Workin' Girl' CMP Footguard, Hondaline Mudflaps, Speedo, HL Lens, Block Heater, Work Light, Foot Peg Covers and Cooler Rack
    '85 ATC70 - All Original

'84 Yamaha 225DX - Durablue +3" axle, DR motor, New Plastics, Foot, Hand and HL Guards.
    '85 Yamahauler - Gun Rack & 'Nerf Bars'
    '85 Yamahauler - Nearly together and restored
    '83 Suzuki ALT125 - Pieces
    '89 Suzuki LT-4WD - Token Golf Cart

--
    Bruce, sounds like you have a nice setup there. Depending on my trike condtion and transportation in the spring, I may be willing to help you out with cleaning stuff up and what not. I like trail riding and am not opposed to train grooming. See who from CNY/WNY can get out there. Have a mock trike fest

--
    sweet let me know this spring i'll have a way to haul mne by then!!!!i have a buddy in cohocton that is mad cause he bought a quad and has nowhere to ride it around him without getting in trouble.
    1982 250r it will run again, new rings,razors,stator!!!(UGLY)
    1985 200x runs on race fuel or alky ONLY!
    western new york riders check out:
    http://groups.yahoo.com/group/wny3wheelernuts/

--

Sweet spot

Nice lookin spot. You all should come up to syracuse and ride the trails along the north shore of Oneida lake then up towards the Adirondaks. There are places along the trail to munch and have a drink, and many motels close by. You can put in 100 miles of riding in a day no problem. Got lots of mini sand dunes, old railbed, big woods and superb trails.
    RT 81 get off at Central square exit go right on County Rt. 49 1-2 miles down on the right is a dead end road with a big parking lot right along the trail. Go ride 100 miles or more and enjoy.
    84-85 Custom Tecate

1986 Honda 200X Daily Rider

2006 Suzuki King Quad

//ArrowChat Integreation Code //