//ArrowChat Code
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Was given some 4 wheelers

California, USA about 50 miles north of sacremento
    --

Was given some 4 wheelers

*only have pics have not picked them up yet*

Black is a Kazuma by the looks and the red I cant really nail down from pics but kind of reminds me of the old Suzuki quads because of the seat but it is a china quad I am sure. By the looks the red one has the head or barrel off, the black one looks complete except for the plastics and the battery is kind of tossed in the frame and I cant tell exactly but maybe shaft driven? I cant see a chain anywhere and looks like a gear box kind of.

Anything worth using on the 3 wheelers as far as upgrades? Got to do some measuring but have an idea for the black one that may make my 90 more fun to ride.

Thoughts opinions?

Click for bigger..

1l5x.jpg
    8xz4.jpg

MNhondaguy is offline At The Back Of The Pack Arm chair racerFirst time rider
    --
    Put the biggest engine in the black one you possibly can. Instant fun. If y really wanna go crazy throw a cr125 in there. Or a cr85 would be sweet.
    83 ATC 200E(X) Big Red

My YouTube- http://m.youtube.com/user/mazdarattiman

My bros (hoopster3030) YouTube- http://m.youtube.com/user/hoopster3030

--
    the black one is a Chinese taotao 110cc atv (maybe 125, but i doubt it.) it's suspension and metal are junk. (i raced many Chinese ATVs as my son is sponsored), unless you work directly with a manufacturer, any decent performance out fo them is very short lived and you can expect catastrophic failures to be frequent. If the 110 has a running engine and it works somewhat, it's about $65 shipped for a new body. get one, put it ont he bike, get it running and sell it for $200. then take that and sink it into something worth having.

Nearly every kind of Honda ATC (plus some custom ones
    several Yami Quads (mostly custom built for MX racing)

https://www.mikesatvfix.com

"Freedom is not free...but the U.S. Marine Corps will pay most of your share."

--
    Quote Originally Posted by oscarmayer View Post
    the black one is a Chinese taotao 110cc atv (maybe 125, but i doubt it.) it's suspension and metal are junk. (i raced many Chinese ATVs as my son is sponsored), unless you work directly with a manufacturer, any decent performance out fo them is very short lived and you can expect catastrophic failures to be frequent. If the 110 has a running engine and it works somewhat, it's about $65 shipped for a new body. get one, put it ont he bike, get it running and sell it for $200. then take that and sink it into something worth having.
    I agree with this, clean them up and make them nice and sell them. I wouldn't trust them for any "real" abuse. Normal light riding around the yard might be ok though.

--
    Quote Originally Posted by slashfan7964 View Post
    I agree with this, clean them up and make them nice and sell them. I wouldn't trust them for any "real" abuse. Normal light riding around the yard might be ok though.
    I dont know, i destroyed a couple doing light riding in my yard. Blew up one engine, snapped one axle, numerous batteries, tons of minor stuff snapping and falling off nearly every time. Horrible suspension and ground clearance.

--
    I have a cheap 125 in a atc70 chassis. Its a BLAST to ride. If you got a 70 w a junk motor throw it in and enjoy!
    the taotao 110 that is in the pict has a top mount starter w the carb out front. There is company that makes carb adaptors to rotate them.
    Justben has a taotao 110 in one of his 70s, runs nice too!

id rather have a nitro or a built honda motor but cant beat FREE.. throw it in something, do a budget build, see how cheap you can go.. make something fun!

good luch w them!
    TECATE RIDER, HASPIN SURVIVOR!!
    Trikefest 02, 03, 04, 05, 06, 07, 08, 09, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14 and beyond
    RAFFAs Ice-fest 09, 10, 11, 13, 14, 15
    Pensyltucky 09, 12, 13, 14, 15
    New England Ride 4/13

--
    Thanks for the tips guys

Got a little more info today that the red one ran before they got it (they never used it) and the black one is a runner but needs an exhaust. Hopefully most is somewhat accurate. So what parts of the frame are prone to breakage and whats the deal with the suspension being junk? I plan to get them running *if possible* and either sell them or keep them for the kids to ride around.

--
    I don't know what kind of exhaust set up the black one is supposed to have but by the design of the motor it looks like you could make a Honda xr/crf 50 or xr/crf70 exhaust work for cheap

--
    Quote Originally Posted by TrailerRider View Post
    Thanks for the tips guys

Got a little more info today that the red one ran before they got it (they never used it) and the black one is a runner but needs an exhaust. Hopefully most is somewhat accurate. So what parts of the frame are prone to breakage and whats the deal with the suspension being junk? I plan to get them running *if possible* and either sell them or keep them for the kids to ride around.
    Treat it like a go-kart, keep it in the yard. The kids will love it. When they eventually break down too far beyond repair you wont miss them because they will get their use out of it. Parts should be easy to get, these things are everywhere. I mean, tons of models but cant be too different. Plus they are cheap. I had a 125, 150 i think? Anyways, it was my first machine to MYSELF, I rode it in the yard all the time since i was too young to go out by myself. First took it out with my cousin up the road, blew the engine and popped the chain and just a mess. Got it fixed, went through a battery every season since they kept giving us cheap Chinese ones. Tires kept blowing out every time i hit a nice bump. It hit off of EVERY rock that stuck up more than an inch. I think everyone i have seen couldnt make it anywhere except the backyard (200cc and under). Then my brother got it because i got a dirtbike. My dad was on the trike, i was on my bike, my brother was on the quad and we finally hit the trail to go into the woods, go 200 yards and the wheel falls off. Axel snapped. We towed it home with the 200s, it sat until it got scrapped last year or so. Granted, this was when these things first started getting popular here. Maybe 2005?

The best experiences were in my backyard hitting a little jump and getting 3 inches of air, anywhere else and it was catastrophic failure. No bad luck with the frames though.

--
    Quote Originally Posted by MIK6 View Post

Justben has a taotao 110 in one of his 70s, runs nice too!

no I don't lol. my beer hauler is a panterra 90. same basic engine though I'm sure.

--
    Turn them into Trikes if you can......
    1983 Honda ATC 200e: my first true Man Toy!-Sold for $200 on Victoria Day
    Ice & Trikes 4 Life!
    If Nissan Motorsports = Nismo, does Honda Motorsports = Homo ?

--
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord Letto 20 View Post
    Turn them into Trikes if you can......
    That has crossed my mind

--
    The red one is a Suzuki lt80. got any better pics of it
    " 2 STROKE 4 LIFE "
    85 Yamaha tri-z 490 dirt dragger
    86 Suzuki lt 250r (every day rider)
    92 Suzuki lt80 (daughters dirt dragger)
    96 Polaris trail blazer 250

--
    No I don't sorry. I will be getting them in about 2 weeks. That is soonest I can get up their to get them. I am wondering if they would be worth more as trikes or quads? If the red one is indeed a Suzuki I wont cut it up and make a trike out of it though. The black one now that's another story

--
    I like the looks of the black one, make it into a trike and it will be bad ass! take the red one and lift it, really high with huge car tires on it and ride it in your towns parade! lol

//ArrowChat Integreation Code //