//ArrowChat Code
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Was given some 4 wheelers

--
    That red one looks like its going to have some steering/front end damage. Handlebars tilted left but wheels look straight to me....perfect threewheeler swap right there.
    trikes owned cuurent

1984 yamaha 225dx- stock
    1984 honda 200es big red- stock
    1983 honda 200 es big red- stock
    1984 honda 250r
    1983 honda 250r

Trikes previously owned

1984 yamaha 200
    1985 honda 200x

--
    Quote Originally Posted by TrailerRider View Post
    So what parts of the frame are prone to breakage and whats the deal with the suspension being junk?
    When it comes to Chinese quads, every part on the frame is prone to breakage, and the deal is, the suspensions are,,,, well, junk.

Weak welds, bad springs, and"shocks" with no damping qualities whatsoever.

Toaster556 is offline At The Back Of The Pack Arm chair racerFirst time rider
    --
    Quote Originally Posted by DohcBikes View Post
    When it comes to Chinese quads, every part on the frame is prone to breakage, and the deal is, the suspensions are,,,, well, junk.

Weak welds, bad springs, and"shocks" with no damping qualities whatsoever.
    100% true for 95% of the china quads out there. I have two, a Taotao ATD125D, and a 07 Kazuma Falcon 150. The Taotao got rewelded, gussets everywhere, and about 20 extra lbs of "make it strong enough". It's slammed LOW and is strictly a flat track/ ice quad, and will stay that way.
    However, the Kazuma has proven to be quite strong (wife broke off the front foot guard on a stump, I cracked the subframe riding like an insane person trying to find my dad and sister who hadn't returned to camp yet). It actually uses LT80 wheels and rear hubs, and I'm fairly sure the axle is similar. It may be a freak coincidence that it's so durable for a china quad, who knows? The shocks are all crap tho, I have 400ex shocks on the front and I'm not quite sure what the rear shock is, but it's better than stock. Still terrible design.

Trailrider, your china quad appears to have a shaft drive. You should make it into a mini 250SX!

California, USA about 50 miles north of sacremento
    --
    Quote Originally Posted by Toaster556 View Post
    100% true for 95% of the china quads out there. I have two, a Taotao ATD125D, and a 07 Kazuma Falcon 150. The Taotao got rewelded, gussets everywhere, and about 20 extra lbs of "make it strong enough". It's slammed LOW and is strictly a flat track/ ice quad, and will stay that way.
    However, the Kazuma has proven to be quite strong (wife broke off the front foot guard on a stump, I cracked the subframe riding like an insane person trying to find my dad and sister who hadn't returned to camp yet). It actually uses LT80 wheels and rear hubs, and I'm fairly sure the axle is similar. It may be a freak coincidence that it's so durable for a china quad, who knows? The shocks are all crap tho, I have 400ex shocks on the front and I'm not quite sure what the rear shock is, but it's better than stock. Still terrible design.

Trailrider, your china quad appears to have a shaft drive. You should make it into a mini 250SX!
    That's what it looks like to me as well. Do they make a shaft drive for those? Never seen one personally but then I have never owned a china quad either.

Toaster556 is offline At The Back Of The Pack Arm chair racerFirst time rider
    --
    I've seen and worked on a few shaftys, mostly the higher end stuff (well for china quads). They're an oddity, but take 90% of the same parts as a standard model (IIRC, the left crankcase and output shaft are the two main differences), so you could theoretically run a stroker crank and manual clutch kit if you so choose.
    Looking at the frame and cross referencing with other pics, you could turn it into a trike with some work but nothing too crazy. The front end would require some figuring, but if you grab a cheap beat down pit bike, you can cut the frame and adapt it to the quad with some work.

--
    I would just cut the front end off and put a small set of forks from an ATC on the front. The only thing you need to worry about is the rake angle, and that's easily corrected with some cutting and welding.

LT80 is offline New to the board Arm chair racerNew to the board
    --
    Quote Originally Posted by trike moto View Post
    The red one is a Suzuki lt80. got any better pics of it
    I doubt it. The china stuff did have one that used very similiar plastic as a LT80.
    I agree, a better pic of the motor would tell us.

--
    The red one is indeed an LT80.

Here's an image I found off of Google.

It appears there's a bit of rear fender damage (see the broken bolt holes for the extension) and the seats color is different but otherwise looks identical.

--
    OK took delivery of the quads and to my surprise a 1977 Honda XL75. It needs a lot of work but for some reason it is just calling to me so I will be putting it back together, even my wife seen it and said babe we are not selling the bike.

The red one is indeed a 1988 Suzuki LT80. It is missing the starter, battery and the bottom section of the air box assembly (it covers the fly wheel?). The previous owners spray painted it red and the seat white (yes they sprayed painted the seat white). The Chinese quad is actually a Yamoto 110 3 speed with reverse. It is missing the exhaust, plastics, battery but I was able to put a little gas in the tank and after finding out it had a neutral safety switch the bike fired up (only for a few seconds then I shut it down). I will end of having more in the dirt bike then it will ever be worth I will post a pic of the dirt bike tomorrow when its light out.

--
    DBike.jpg

I have the little plastics for the sides that say XL75 in the little bag hanging from the handle bar.

It needs carb, clutch cover, brake cables, throttle cables and twist throttle, top end (possibly), seat (going to use the current pan, rusty but solid), chain, rear sprocket (possibly).

It has compression but seems kind of low need to check the valve adjustment on it. Clutch seems to go into all gears easily. Tires are little worn but should be OK for easy use. Frame is in perfect condition, forks great, rear suspension good, tank good (little surface rust on inside but that is easy fix). Wiring harness is in fair condition (will need some minor repairs). Not worried about head/tail lights right now. Not sure if it has spark or not. Will probably check that stuff out this weekend and see what I need.

Is there anything from the 90atc that will fit is in regards to the electronics? I have an '84 90 that need to much work to get back to original and might rob some parts to get the bike running? Also I know we have a lot of manuals for the 3 wheelers but do we have any for this bike?

--
    Quote Originally Posted by trike moto View Post
    The red one is a Suzuki lt80. got any better pics of it
    It's a chinese clone of a LT80.

--
    Quote Originally Posted by LT80 View Post
    It's a chinese clone of a LT80.
    It is actually a suz, it has vin plate and under the spray painted plastics is all the stickers correct motor etc. I lucked out for sure

--
    Sure did!
    Let me know if you need any help with it.

//ArrowChat Integreation Code //