//ArrowChat Code
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Front tire question 250 SX

--
    Wow good to know about the front rim swap. I have been considering the front end swap but dont want to grind off stops and weld on my frame. Thanks a lot

--
    Quote Originally Posted by dougspcs View Post
    Improved handling and less side slip in turns..

Consider this update if you own one..huge improvement especially if teamed up with similar rear tires.

This is the one I bought from Rocky Mountain ATV and it cost around $100 shipped..

Rim: 4/110 ITP Steel Wheel 10x5 2.0 + 3.0
    Tire: Kenda Bear Claw ATV Tire 23x7-10( Feel free to sub in your own fav tire..but this size is a good fit )

Attachment 186064Attachment 186065

Alot cheaper and simpler than the alternative 200x/250r/350x front end swap some guys like to do.

Looks pretty kickazz too!
    Doug, new member here with a 250SX I am resurrecting. In regards to your front wheel swap did you have to shim or space anything or was that rim a direct bolt up on the SX axle assembly? My SX needs a new tire anyways and if I only have to spend another 30 bucks on a rim and gain me a better front tire then thats perfect!

--
    Nevermind Doug, I found your front wheel info on another thread.

Did you change rear rims because they look larger than 8" If so what tire size is that on the rear with the bear claw?

--
    So I am doing this wheel/tire swap right now, but I can't get the lug studs to exactly line up. they are just a butt hair off and can't go thru the holes together. anyone else have this issue. I'm currently charging up my drill to adjust the holes a little to see if I can get the wheel to go on.
    Trikes I Own:

85 ATC 350X - The Beast
    85 ATC 250SX - High School Pal
    83 ATC 110 - The Little One

--
    Quote Originally Posted by 3is4Fun View Post
    So I am doing this wheel/tire swap right now, but I can't get the lug studs to exactly line up. they are just a butt hair off and can't go thru the holes together. anyone else have this issue. I'm currently charging up my drill to adjust the holes a little to see if I can get the wheel to go on.
    I have now done this tire/wheel swap to both of my SX's, and yes on one of them I had to use a step drill bit to open up the hole just a tad on the wheel. After that, it slid right onto the hub.

--
    Finally got the wheel on, used a round file to widen the holes slightly.

went with the Maxxis Pro 23x7x10

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_1497.JPG 
Views:	271 
Size:	1.55 MB 
ID:	228374
    Trikes I Own:

85 ATC 350X - The Beast
    85 ATC 250SX - High School Pal
    83 ATC 110 - The Little One

BigRedGrizzly is offline At The Back Of The Pack Arm chair racerAt the back of the pack
    --
    Did the front tire swap also. Haven't ridden it yet though. The tip about the step drill was key opened each hole in the rim a C hair. Perfect fit. Here are some pics..
    Before

After

--
    I couldn't find a step drill bit at my buddy's but I got it on with a quick firm push.

I have to pull it apart today or tomorrow to do the front brakes, hopefully it doesn't give me too much of a problem taking it off.

Found the swamp lite locally for $20, how could I pass on that?
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	3wn.jpg 
Views:	209 
Size:	133.2 KB 
ID:	229225   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	3wn2.jpg 
Views:	244 
Size:	142.2 KB 
ID:	229226  

--
    Quote Originally Posted by UPNATM View Post
    I went the same route as the guys above, following Dougs advice, and really dig the look. Like what was said above, its a lot easier than a full front end change over.

what size is the rear tires

//ArrowChat Integreation Code //