//ArrowChat Code
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: 1982 Honda ATC 70 No Spark

--
    i'm running a c7hsa plug

JRMN is offline New to the board Arm chair racerNew to the board
    --
    @shane58panhead1, yes my problem was my ignition coil. The bike didn't have one, so I bought one off eBay. It has a really long secondary terminal. I’m told, most people cut them. What I ended up doing was, I pulled the engine and took it past someone's house so we could troubleshoot the problem. He has a lot of ATC's, so we pulled an old ignition coil from one of his bike and we got spark. We stopped there. So I still don't know if my engine runs or not, but atleast I am getting spark.

--
    I'm having the same problem with my 85 took it to a local shop I purchased the coil rebuild from Spangler ATC the shop they replaced the parts but they said they couldn't get it to start but they said it has spark well I took it home its getting a faint spark but there's a 12volt coil on it from eBay they said it should still crank but I said I've heard they want but anyways a can hold the plug and get someone to pull the rope and I can't fell anything they said the points are set properly and gapped they adjusted the valves its has great compression so do I need the 6 volt coil then go from there? Thanks

JRMN is offline New to the board Arm chair racerNew to the board
    --
    Dude just go past a gas station and see if you can get one for a car for free. That's what I did and it works. See my post here.

--
    Hello Frank is there any other reason the light wont dim or does it mean the points are bad? I put new ons in and wont dim so cleaned up the old ones and still no dim of the light?
    Thanks

//ArrowChat Integreation Code //