//ArrowChat Code
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Open for discussion

Billy Golightly is offline Always finding new and exciting ways to not give a hoot in hell Catch me if you can
    --
    Blog Entries

Open for discussion

Please feel free to make comments, post thoughts/ideas and things related to this project - thanks

--
    I would be happy to help out as much as I can with this. I have a decent HD video camera and a couple digital cameras that will also record HD video. I put in for my vacation today. I should be there Wed. the 18th.
    Can we use video from previous years?
    Appalachian American Racing
    the home of
    Appalachian American Engineering

"Can't", never could do nothing

There's nothing like the sound of screaming 2strokes and the smell of race gas in the air

--
    I think someone should write up a questionnaire about why we like them and do what we do, and why things like this are important. Then we could each film ourselves answer said questions (almost like an interview without the interviewer) on film for various usage throughout the film. Fortunately, my iPod films in HD.

I could come up with some questions and put them in a formal document for everyone and then add whatever you guys think is necessary.

Billy Golightly is offline Always finding new and exciting ways to not give a hoot in hell Catch me if you can
    --
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Daddio View Post
    I would be happy to help out as much as I can with this. I have a decent HD video camera and a couple digital cameras that will also record HD video. I put in for my vacation today. I should be there Wed. the 18th.
    Can we use video from previous years?

Doug will have to chime in here, but I think as long as its never been posted publicly anywhere, I think so.

--
    I wish you guys the very best with this. I "feel" your vision,and for me, these are THE best kind of films. Good luck to all!
    Please help those who cannot help themselves.

ALWAYS buying Museum quality machines,3 and 4 wheels. And any and ALL ,NOS parts,EVERY brand.

I am turning my PM's Off,my Email is billsracing@hotmail.com,put 3WW in the subject. Thanx!

Gun laws do not stop criminals. BULLETS do.

--
    I have some questions based on the overall production of this film, as I would very much like to be a part of it. I am taking this very seriously.

1. What's the deal with signing a release for use of footage? How are we getting these papers? Are we going to give our address to you or Doug and then get them in the mail and send them back?

2. I also notices Doug wants 1080p footage. The only capture device I have, being an iPod Touch 4th gen, records in 720p. Is this going to be an issue?

3. If you submit content that doesn't get used, are you still credited for participation and development?
    Last edited by slashfan7964; 02-18-2014 at 10:18 PM.

--
    Quote Originally Posted by Billy Golightly View Post
    Doug will have to chime in here, but I think as long as its never been posted publicly anywhere, I think so.
    Well that would be pretty hard for me to come up anything good. I usually always post my best stuff first. I do have some really good stuff from my last few TF adventures.....but it's all been seen. I could still look and see if I left anything out.

That's ok though. I'm sure this year will produce it's share of good footage. I'm ready!!!
    Appalachian American Racing
    the home of
    Appalachian American Engineering

"Can't", never could do nothing

There's nothing like the sound of screaming 2strokes and the smell of race gas in the air

--
    I have already started filming, Im just going to cut and paste all of my video onto DVDRW. They are 5 GB each.

Doug, I would be more than happy to wear a gopro for the MX. I plan on running Open on my 450 and semi-suspended on my 185s. Im currently building my motor on my kitchen table and will film the whole rebuild/resurrection in the garage.
    RPFLU member and co-owner.
    Hardtails is all we do.
    #NOLINK
    #MAKEHARDTAILSGREATAGAIN
    #SUSPENDTHIS

--
    Ill start filming the setup swap post icefest.. im just going to buy a new sim card, ill use it in my gopro and my digi cam..

start w... icefest is over, TF prep starts now! Swap studded setup off and fix stuff I broke lol
    plus im building an auto ATC70 as a camp cruiser..
    TECATE RIDER, HASPIN SURVIVOR!!
    Trikefest 02, 03, 04, 05, 06, 07, 08, 09, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14 and beyond
    RAFFAs Ice-fest 09, 10, 11, 13, 14, 15
    Pensyltucky 09, 12, 13, 14, 15
    New England Ride 4/13

--
    Blog Entries
    There's legal weirdness with previously used footage when it comes to a couple things I have in mind. It's probably not as big a deal as I make it out to be but I'd rather just remove any possibility of it being an issue. It's one of those situations where I just don't want to end up saying, if we hadn't used this, we could have done that, kinda things. Make sense? Just forward thinking insurance.

Regarding participation credit: Everybody that attends is going to be in the closing credits (the list will be taken from the sign in sheet). Anybody who has footage in the movie will be properly credited to the most accurate degree possible. Matter of fact I'll probably post a list of credits before finalizing the cut so everybody can have a look and see if I missed anything. Everyone who submits footage will get a mention of some kind wether it's used or not. In addition to that, I'm hoping to find a way to put something together with a lot of the unused footage anyway. Got a couple ideas for it. As for the signing of a release, we hope to have as much of that done as possible at trikefest. Once I know for sure what footage is going to be used I'll check it against who has signed and who hasn't so I can get that sorted before locking down the edit. And about your iPod. Yeah go ahead and use it. We're unfortunately going to be using a lot of 720p footage anyway. A lot of the action stuff has to be shot that way on some of the cameras. I don't want anyone thinking they can't get in on this because of what they have to record with but 720p has to be the absolute minimum.

Interview questions: We're already on top of that. Most of the interviewing is probably going to happen at trikefest but there are a few things along those lines that I'd like to get from people that are willing to do it. More details to come on that.

--
    Blog Entries
    I will be repeating this to the point of it being annoying but, guys seriously feel free to film anything you want and let me look at it. I just need the raw footage. Nothing edited (except for maybe a time-lapse or something of that nature).

We're looking into ways you can upload your footage to me as we go so we can see what you're up to, see if it sparks any ideas for more or maybe offer suggestions for making things look better or something.

Here's something for everybody to remember through all of this. Nobody is going to make our movie for us. We have to do it. Not just me or Billy. It's going to be a group effort. From filming your own behind the scenes that we've been talking about to helping out at the event. I think it's going to turn out badass because... well that's just what we do, right?

--
    Quote Originally Posted by Dammit! View Post
    Regarding participation credit: Everybody that attends is going to be in the closing credits (the list will be taken from the sign in sheet). Anybody who has footage in the movie will be properly credited to the most accurate degree possible. Matter of fact I'll probably post a list of credits before finalizing the cut so everybody can have a look and see if I missed anything. Everyone who submits footage will get a mention of some kind wether it's used or not. In addition to that, I'm hoping to find a way to put something together with a lot of the unused footage anyway. Got a couple ideas for it.
    I figured you'd work something out like this. Fantastic!

As for the signing of a release, we hope to have as much of that done as possible at trikefest.
    Say one of us can't make it, but some of his footage still gets used. How would that work? (Not saying this will happen but there's always that chance something happens).

Once I know for sure what footage is going to be used I'll check it against who has signed and who hasn't so I can get that sorted before locking down the edit.
    Sounds like a plan!

And about your iPod. Yeah go ahead and use it. We're unfortunately going to be using a lot of 720p footage anyway. A lot of the action stuff has to be shot that way on some of the cameras. I don't want anyone thinking they can't get in on this because of what they have to record with but 720p has to be the absolute minimum.
    Alright I am on it. I'm currently trying to get something worked out where I do a sit down, and a give a brief overview about how I got into trikes.

Interview questions: We're already on top of that. Most of the interviewing is probably going to happen at trikefest but there are a few things along those lines that I'd like to get from people that are willing to do it. More details to come on that.
    Sounds good!

We're looking into ways you can upload your footage to me as we go so we can see what you're up to, see if it sparks any ideas for more or maybe offer suggestions for making things look better or something.
    I mentioned something over in the other thread, though not sure if you all saw it. I suggest zipping the files and uploading them to a hosting site where you guys could download them and unzip them. Once you confirm you have the files we could take them down.

Here's something for everybody to remember through all of this. Nobody is going to make our movie for us. We have to do it. Not just me or Billy. It's going to be a group effort. From filming your own behind the scenes that we've been talking about to helping out at the event. I think it's going to turn out badass because... well that's just what we do, right?

I'll try my best!!!

--
    Blog Entries
    I can't see what use I'd have for footage from someone who doesn't attend the event. I'd have to see what it is and what the context is before knowing if there's a way to incorporate it. My gut feeling is I'm going to have my hands very full trying to get pieces of as many submissions in there as possible so I'd honestly probably cut anything submitted from someone who isn't there but who the hell knows. Submit anything. Edit: Anything Trikefest related that is.

This user submitted footage from BEFORE Trikefest will only make up a small amount of screen time. Most of what you'll see will be filmed AT Trikefest. I'll be wanting as many submissions as possible from that whole week from anyone who wants to submit anything. GoPro footage, 720p or better cellphone or camcorder footage. As much as I can get my hands on. Of the events, of happenings in camp, pranks, partying, whatever. Anything and everything that happens there is fair game. I can't really ride much these days so I'll just be roaming around filming pretty much constantly but I can only catch so much of it by myself. While everyone is there, anybody who feels like getting out a camera and doing an impromtu interview with someone, go for it! Going out on a ride with just a small group? Record it! Participating in an event? Record it! You never know it might end up being a highlight. I will have hard drives on site to copy files as well. Just bring your memory cards to wherever my camp is and I'll copy them right there on the spot.

It isn't possible to have TOO MUCH footage is what I'm getting at. A ton is going to get cut out anyway but the more I have to pick from the better it's going to turn out.

--
    what about putting the footage that you don't use on another dvd and make it a bonus dvd or something, like extras, trike builds, behind the scenes, bonus footage, lost footage....etc, something of that nature, like a 2 disc dvd set, maybe 3 if you have more footage than expected

--
    Quote Originally Posted by SUPERBEAST View Post
    what about putting the footage that you don't use on another dvd and make it a bonus dvd or something, like extras, trike builds, behind the scenes, bonus footage, lost footage....etc, something of that nature, like a 2 disc dvd set, maybe 3 if you have more footage than expected

I like this idea. What if we turned all that extra footage into a YouTube TV show or something? And then just keep filming so we can make seasons etc? That would be kinda cool.
    Last edited by slashfan7964; 02-20-2014 at 09:45 PM.

//ArrowChat Integreation Code //