//ArrowChat Code
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Removing dents from 2 stroke pipes

--
    Well I tried my ebay kit on the first 2 pipes today ( i have more) . Decent OEM pipes with no surface pitting that are worth taking the dents out because they are had to come by. One had a two inch hidden crack and the other a pin hole. No pressure build with that!!! I am so I am putting away the kit for the day.
    Wikipedia "All Terrain Vehicle" Definition excerpt
    Other smaller or lesser known companies, such as Tiger ATV, Franks, and Cagiva, produced racing three wheelers, but in much smaller numbers. Few of these machines are known to exist today and are highly sought by collectors.

Check out my Tiger 3 wheeler Webpage..my quest for a TIGER MUSEUM started 2004 http://sites.google.com/site/tigerrotax/home

Rides: TIGER Factory line up, Tricky Dicks Cagiva 200, 4- Franks 3 and 4 Wheelers

--
    That stinks.... Honestly Bill, I had the same problem on about half my pipes. Many of my Selvy pipes have a common leak under the hanger/mounting tab. Kinda disappointing. I did the same thing too.... Just tossed 'em back up in rafters for another rainy day. Sealing old oily spooged out pipes will be a chalange, some day. So much for instant gratification.......

--
    OK, I had the chance to revisit this today with the 2 thin OEM pipes. I threw a gob of JB weld on the holes just so I could try it and it held after 24 hrs of set time. My kit said take it to 60 PSI. I pumped it to 55 ish. My results look very similar to Andy's. I had a large ding on the front face of one pipe that was taken to a very small ding. On the other pipe I had one large area pressed in on the lower portion that came out great. I am a rookie and I seem to have about 85-90% of the dents come out...looks so much better but the area certainly isn't smooth metal. This week I am going to try a thick hand coned pipe that has several dents on the lower part of the pipe....right on welds. I am not optimistic of these coming out because of the thickness and the welds. I will take before and after photos of this one.
    Wikipedia "All Terrain Vehicle" Definition excerpt
    Other smaller or lesser known companies, such as Tiger ATV, Franks, and Cagiva, produced racing three wheelers, but in much smaller numbers. Few of these machines are known to exist today and are highly sought by collectors.

Check out my Tiger 3 wheeler Webpage..my quest for a TIGER MUSEUM started 2004 http://sites.google.com/site/tigerrotax/home

Rides: TIGER Factory line up, Tricky Dicks Cagiva 200, 4- Franks 3 and 4 Wheelers

//ArrowChat Integreation Code //