//ArrowChat Code
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Is this trade worth it?

--

Is this trade worth it?

ok right now I have a 1978 Honda atc 90 it runs good but it just don't have enough power to pull me up hills. Here is a picture of the 90 . Now I have a offer to trade for two 1983 Honda big red 200e, the one with the seat runs but does need carb work and valve cover gasket and the one with no seat is for parts it it worth trading for?

--
    I personally wouldn't cuz I think 90's are way cooler but thats me and the other one looks like it that hasn't been taken care of very well. Good luck
    Save 2strokes

--
    The 90 is cool but just doesn't haul me around like I need it to and ya it doesn't look the best but I just need something to ride with my buddies and well I do more pushing then riding with the 90. Will the 200 haul me fine im 200lbs.

--
    The 200e is an awesome hauler. I think it is the next to lowest geared trike. It hauled me (only a whopping 130), my buddy on the rear rack (around 300lbs) and a trailer full of firewood which weighed who knows how much up and down hills to the campsite. It will haul you no doubt. If it can't in high gear throw it in low and chug away saying I think I can I think I can.

BUT, those pictures say a lot without showing much of the trike. You know it has not been maintained what so ever besides enough to keep it running. With lack of maintence can come lack of power and performance. Give it a good once over if you do. I have a feeling you will get it out of necessary and I don't blame you, you'll love it. Just don't get a lemon.

--
    ok ill make sure to check it over well im sure between the two I can get me a decent machine he says the one runs doesn't smoke just leaks alittle around the valve cover and carb needs tuned. Thanks for the info on the low gearing that's perfect for what I need.

--
    You have a nice 90 there, but both of the 200E's look pretty much complete - so I'd say it's a decent trade. The plastic and rubber looks good on both of the 200's. The 200 engines are skookum. Like you say, they'll need a bit of tinkering, but it won't take much to get a decent runner going. I think you'll be happy with the upgrade. Besides, half the fun is working on these things!

On a side note, how can someone just abandon these trikes to the elements like that (sitting in the snow drifts). Man, it's almost criminal to neglect them in such a way.
    1985 Honda ATC 250ES
    1985 Honda ATC 250SX
    1984 Honda ATC 200M
    1983 Honda ATC 200
    1984 Honda ATC 110

--
    Clearly the 200"s are gonna need work. But I would DEF trade!! The 200 is a TANK compared to what you're riding!! You will be very happy with it.
    Please help those who cannot help themselves.

ALWAYS buying Museum quality machines,3 and 4 wheels. And any and ALL ,NOS parts,EVERY brand.

I am turning my PM's Off,my Email is billsracing@hotmail.com,put 3WW in the subject. Thanx!

Gun laws do not stop criminals. BULLETS do.

--
    Looks like they are pretty well cared for judging by where they are stored.
    my feedback thread http://www.3wheelerworld.com/showthr...-hoosierlogger

TRIKEFEST 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16

Current rides
    Taurus 650 (green)
    85 250es big red
    83 ALT50 (5 year old daughters)
    82 ALT50
    82 ALT50
    84 atc 70 stroked big bore 90 STILL in progress.
    71 QA50
    93 TRX 300 FW

Quote Originally Posted by fabiodriven View Post
    Ya'll are the biggest bunch of whining b!tches I've seen in my entire life.
    You might be strong as an ox, but without a cart you are just a big dumb animal.

--
    If you are looking for a work horse over a toy to be-bop around on i would do the trade. even if the units were not maintained well just take the two units and make one nice unit, and as added plus the 200e's have both the luggage racks

--
    Thanks for all the replies guys going to be trading this weekend if everything goes as planed and ya I just need more power to pull my fat butt up hills lol.

--
    well im for sure picking up the big reds on Saturday everything worked out as planned thanks guys for your input!

--
    Good luck with your new 200's. You will like them. I had a 90 and it was fun riding in the yard and that's about it. My 250sx and 200x are a lot more fun.

--
    I think making the trade would be a good call. The atc 200 I had didn't have the hi low range. But I named it Jesus. Cause if you put in first gear Jesus Christ if you could hold on it would go up anything. Great little goats for sure.
    No such thing as to many toys!!!

--
    is there any different hubs out there that will fit this? Because I have a nice set of atv tires sitting around but there for 12" rims.

--
    Quote Originally Posted by Dustin96 View Post
    is there any different hubs out there that will fit this? Because I have a nice set of atv tires sitting around but there for 12" rims.
    200x/ 400ex. Most honda hubs will work besides 85-86 and up 250r and 350x.
    82 250r
    83 Big Red
    85 Auto-x
    If you've done business with me please leave me feedback
    http://www.3wheelerworld.com/showthr...ght=Bren_downe

//ArrowChat Integreation Code //