//ArrowChat Code

Thread: Honda With a Ski

--

Honda With a Ski

A am looking to make myself a mount for the front of my Honda fat cat conversion. It started as a 1982 200e that i cut apart and mounted a swing arm on it. eventually i am going to add a track in the back and have it totally changeable from however i feel riding it that day. SO if you have any ideas on a good solid ski mount i am interested i hearing all the ways to mount a ski up front, weather its single ski double ski anything. I am a machinist so i can do and make almost anything. Lets hear what you guys have for ideas.

--
    I was at the local salvage yard and came across a ski that was by far larger then all the other in the pile. So I picked it up and mounted it to my trike. I have plans to later make it so I take of the front tire and mount it right to the axle to save weight. The ski up front really does help. The tire now floats on the snow instead of plowing it. The challenge now is to have the back tires get better traction.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	atc ski.jpg 
Views:	60 
Size:	1.39 MB 
ID:	227741
    Last edited by kowboy; 02-14-2016 at 02:04 PM.

f76 is offline At The Back Of The Pack Arm chair racerAt the back of the pack
    --
    Get a set of maxxis 4-snow tires for the rear. Mount them backwards so they scoop. Best snow tire by far.
    85 Kawasaki KLT 160
    85 Kawasaki KLT 110
    82 ATC 70
    2000 Scrambler 500

--
    Yeah i would like to ride a Snow Hawk sometime. I am tempted to do a snow bike conversion to one of my dirt bikes. Snowmobiles are by far the best in the snow just because that's what they were built to do. Its just fun to try and make my trikes and fat bike conversion year round toys.

--
    I'm picking up a set of JWHEELZ used next week, because I've been wanting to snow convert my 350x. I had fine tires in the back with fair paddle tread, but it just wasn't enough, because I'm a bigger dude. Do you have any pictures of your ski mount if you finished it?
    Past: 1st gen 250r, 200x, 250sx x2
    Present: 350x Franken-Thumper, mostly stock
    Future: Homemade BVC Racing equivalent... If only...😎

--
    I did finish my ski mount for my fatbike. I did some looking and the ski I came across was for an All Sport Tracker. Its longer and wider than a normal ski. I had made it mount on the bike with a tube the pivoted on the axle but that was a bad way to mount it although it worked. My second attempt was much better it mounted the ski using two axle bolts with a tube that connects the ski where it pivots at the ski. It does work very well for steering in the snow and on ice. The only problem I have is depending on snow conditions the rear tire sinks in the powder but if i drive down a groomed trail it is really nice. I have had the ski on a three wheeler and again depending on the snow it works great. It really helps the front stay on top of the snow and no get stuck near as bad as the tire does. I will be making a track kit for my fat bike someday and that should make it a monster.

--
    Quote Originally Posted by kowboy View Post
    Yeah i would like to ride a Snow Hawk sometime. I am tempted to do a snow bike conversion to one of my dirt bikes. Snowmobiles are by far the best in the snow just because that's what they were built to do. Its just fun to try and make my trikes and fat bike conversion year round toys.
    this is cool!!

as for snow bikes, I converted to them from sleds and I will never go back!!! we can go way more placed on the bikes!! its a blast!

//ArrowChat Integreation Code //