//ArrowChat Code
Page 2 of 18 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 ... LastLast

Thread: My XR650L conversion

--
    Quote Originally Posted by fabiodriven View Post
    It's funny you say that as Dave Little from our group just left here 5 minutes ago and we discussed that. As great as that would make the documentary, I'm not going to say I can pull that off right now. Haha.
    Guess I gotta come oh-vaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaah!!!!
    All our government does is distract us while they steal from us, misspend our tax $ and ruin our country

--
    Awesome!!! I just posted in another thread about it and where it may have went. Bringin it to Trikefest??? Congrats John......
    HEY YOU WORM PICKERS..QUIT PICKIN' MY WORMS!
    Owner of the world' widest atc plow
    Builder of 3 wheeler accessories such as Big Red suspension sidecars,Big red's with full roofs, 3 wheeler elevators, and NOS powered 2 speed tri zingers

"Hold my beer.......watch this sh@# !!!!!!

fabiodriven is offline Aspiring romance novel cover model, and the Official 3WW slayer of thieves and swindlers. Catch me if you can
    --
    Is it going to Trikefest.... C'mon Andy.
    85 Tri-Zinger 60
    85 ATC250SX
    86 ATC250SX
    87 ATC250SX
    02 XR650L conversion
    84 ATC 480R

--
    Couldn't possibly be happier for ya John! SO glad to see it being enjoyed. You deserve it man. That's gotta be a cool feeling cruising Legal Watch her on the wet roads... Congrats!
    Please help those who cannot help themselves.

ALWAYS buying Museum quality machines,3 and 4 wheels. And any and ALL ,NOS parts,EVERY brand.

I am turning my PM's Off,my Email is billsracing@hotmail.com,put 3WW in the subject. Thanx!

Gun laws do not stop criminals. BULLETS do.

tripledog is offline I could be geriatricdog... at my age Got the holeshot
    --
    Color me envious. What a cool ride!

Dave Little is offline At The Back Of The Pack Arm chair racerAt the back of the pack
    --
    Nice score John and good seeing you again. Later on it occurred to me...you can take that to the top of Mt. Washington any day you please.
    Quote Originally Posted by glamy View Post
    I`ll show you mine if you show me yours......i like the little clicks around here you`re so cute !! You guys need a bag ......for your tools ?

fabiodriven is offline Aspiring romance novel cover model, and the Official 3WW slayer of thieves and swindlers. Catch me if you can
    --
    Always a pleasure Dave and I'll see you soon Steve!

I realized after I sold my R I was going to need another big trike soon, this is perfect. I'll throw studs on and ice race it and put the 4 Snows on to drag race it at Trikefest. This thing is going to be invaluable.

--
    Good to see you back on your feet.

--
    also glad to see it got a good home. and glad to hear it rides as good as it looks. i was inspired when i saw that build and bought a 650 motor a guy had for sale locally so i could build one. my plans are for a 350x chassis though. if you can register it for the street you cannot ride it on atv trails in Wisconsin.

my only dislike on that bike has been the tires so i just wanted to make a suggestion when you wear those out. they are made by GBC and called Afterburn. they are a DOT approved tire and have a cool tread pattern. also they are a similar height to a motorcycle tire so they should get your gearing closer to stock. and they have a rounded contour so your contact area with the road is less so i think it should let the bike turn easier. attached are some pics of them on my cb750 trike project.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 20130326_170638.jpg   20130326_170626.jpg  
    Trikes: All Honda: 84 250r, 85 86 and 87 250sx, 84 and 85 125m, 79 82 84 and 85 110's, 73 us 90 and 77 atc90, 75 atc70
    Cycles: Honda: 71 cb100, 78 cb750 coming soon cb750 trike. Yamaha: 67 yds 3 (250cc, 2cyl, 2 stroke), 82 750 SECA
    Other toys: Chenoweth VW sandrail dune buggy, old race go kart, racing mower, 76 Arctic Cat Pantera 440 snowmobile

KEEP IT ON ALL 3 OR AT LEAST 2 AT A TIME

--
    I went to sleep last night thinking about different rear tires myself and after spending a few hours on it today I think the tires that are on it are perfect.

First problem would be how high the rear would be with the bigger tires on the back. I bet I could lower the shock but I don't know for certain if the back will go down without mods.

It would change the final gear ratio, which could obviously be addressed.

The tires that are on it now, they like to spin instead of hooking when I try to wheelie. This is definitely a good thing in my case. I filled them up to their maximum which is 30 psi. I wanted the least amount of rolling resistance and traction possible. It's best to have the bike skate if you can make it. One wheel is always going to have to slip in order to turn so the less traction they have the more stable it is. I rode my R really, really fast by sliding it everywhere and it was the same way. Fat front and tiny rears.

Last edited by fabiodriven; 03-28-2014 at 11:59 PM.
    85 Tri-Zinger 60
    85 ATC250SX
    86 ATC250SX
    87 ATC250SX
    02 XR650L conversion
    84 ATC 480R

--
    Quote Originally Posted by lokisbuddy View Post
    what makes this street legal? is it just the signals, tires and width? does your state have a width limit? or is it just that its a street legal endure converted to atc and titled as enduro? I am very interested in this. what is it titled as? I have never done any investigation into the use of atvs on the road as the roads in my town are all open to atvs. that is a real pretty trike though man.
    This bike is titled as a motorcycle which, in Massachusetts, is defined as "having a seat or saddle for the use of the rider and designed to travel on not more than three wheels in contact with the ground". It is an 02 XR650L that has three wheels. It was registered as having three wheels. And thank you!
    85 Tri-Zinger 60
    85 ATC250SX
    86 ATC250SX
    87 ATC250SX
    02 XR650L conversion
    84 ATC 480R

p26575r16 is offline At The Back Of The Pack Arm chair racerAt the back of the pack
    --
    I saw this trike when it was for sale and thought it was an awesome idea. Got me thinking about a future project, maybe out of a xr400. How does this thing feel on the street, and offroad compared to a "normal" atc? My 350x does fine on the street, but at higher speeds its questionable.
    '86 350x
    '05 sportsman 500 (the couch)

--
    Very nice!

--
    I too would like a street legal 3 wheeler. If you can take a Harley or a Goldwyn and make it a trike I can't see why I couln't do the same thing with a XR650.
    But from what I gathered in the law of Quebec the bike would need:
    10 inches or bigger rims (easy, a lot a aftermarket rims are available and 10 inch. car tire a available.
    you can't use a live axle ( Harley and Goldwyn trike have a differential)

1984 Yamaha YTM-225DX
    1985 Tri-Z 1985 Tecate 1984 Tri-Zinger and 1986 ATC250R projects
    Yamaha 3-wheeler owners club Join now!
    Official 3WW Yamaha 3-wheeler owners group
    Québec 3-wheeler riders group

--
    Nothing in Massachusetts says you can't have a live axle. I looked into that. You may want to make sure of that law Yamada. I've heard people say that 100 times, that live axles are illegal on the street. I'm sure in some places that's true, but make sure. One member here told me it was illegal to have a live axle on the street in New York. Turns out it's not, he just assumed it was.

I just got back from getting a state inspection sticker, it's all legal beagle. Turns out a speedometer isn't a requirement here in Mass, but I ordered one anyways. It will be nice to have. It's a speedo, odometer, and it has integrated turn signal and neutral indicators. It handles great for a trike. If you hit a bump or hole with just one of the rear tires, you will get a wobble. You just have to hold on tight and let the bike do it's thing under you. It straightens out when it's ready. I tend to usually cruise with just my right hand on the bars, but you really can't do that with this bike. If you hit a bump the wrong way with just one hand on it I could see it getting away from you. All in all, it's totally streetable though. I absolutely love it.
    85 Tri-Zinger 60
    85 ATC250SX
    86 ATC250SX
    87 ATC250SX
    02 XR650L conversion
    84 ATC 480R

//ArrowChat Integreation Code //