//ArrowChat Code
Page 11 of 18 FirstFirst ... 9 10 11 12 13 ... LastLast

Thread: My XR650L conversion

--
    Mainly because I don't feel like getting pulled over here in MD constantly. Lol

Nah, wouldn't be bolt on. I just remember on my first 500 build I used a 400ex caliper, which isn't much bigger than a 300ex caliper and I over heated the brakes all the time. Even swapped calipers thinking I had a dud.

The 450 calipers definitely seem to stay cooler and fade less, just figured they where similar sized machines. I know that I would want as little fade as possible on the road but that's just me.

I didn't realize it was a 300ex disc and caliper. In that case the disc should be the same size as a 450, the 400 is larger in diameter.
    And that's the rest of the story. ~ Paul Harvey

"Yes its broken, but does that really surprise you?."
    "What happened? What does it look like happened?!?!"

fabiodriven is offline Aspiring romance novel cover model, and the Official 3WW slayer of thieves and swindlers. Catch me if you can
    --
    I was planning on putting a small drain or two Mexinadian. I just didn't do it. I will though. The paint that is on it now is just chincy spray bomb, so no worries if I have to drill it after the fact.

Louis the street-legalness is the best part! And thank you for the tidbits about the brake. It works fine for now, so I can direct my attention at the spaghetti wiring harness and possibly that carb you were recommending. Wires first for certain though. Like tomorrow.
    85 Tri-Zinger 60
    85 ATC250SX
    86 ATC250SX
    87 ATC250SX
    02 XR650L conversion
    84 ATC 480R

--
    Quote Originally Posted by fabiodriven View Post
    I was planning on putting a small drain or two Mexinadian. I just didn't do it. I will though.
    Don't be shy to make them big enough to let a small pebble pass. You may want to put some on the main tubes as well.

fabiodriven is offline Aspiring romance novel cover model, and the Official 3WW slayer of thieves and swindlers. Catch me if you can
    --
    I finally got the XR up to Vermont last weekend. The weather was cold but the rain held off long enough for me to get a few hours in. I rode through town to Okemo Mountain, which is where I had the photo shoot. After descending from the mountain I stopped in at Dunkin Donuts in downtown Ludlow, Vermont. I was standing in line when I noticed the police officer parked next to my trike outside and I wasn't surprised. As I approached the officer sitting in his cruiser he told me that he had gotten a lot of calls about me. I told him I didn't doubt it. They all ask if I go through this a lot and I always tell them yes, every time I ride. They've all been very brief and apologetic lately for wasting my time and usually send me right on my way. This guy was really nice. He introduced himself and we shook hands and he told me he knew it was legit before I came out but he just had to be seen checking it out, just doing his job. Nothing wrong with that I'd say. The bike has been great. It's not "perfect" right now but it's ten times the machine it was when I first started dating it, errr, bought it. The swing arm is an absolute work of art if I do say so myself. I'm mighty proud of Stephen and myself for accomplishing that. Thanks for looking.

85 Tri-Zinger 60
    85 ATC250SX
    86 ATC250SX
    87 ATC250SX
    02 XR650L conversion
    84 ATC 480R

--
    Lookin great, excellent to see it back on the streets. Kudos on the Swingarm guys, really looks at home on there and adds to the overall tough look of the machine. Great pics too.

Fancy the police finding you at the donut shop.

--
    What a transformation for your Street legal trike! she really looks Grand setting on the asphalt ! My 250sx is a legal asphalt runner. Montana is a cool state ! Horn, Brake lite,HI-Low front lite!and that's it !! BTW thanks for the ride!!!
    DO the Best With What you got !

My Feed back :cool

--
    Onward we roll with the evolution of this trike. Today I put the 4 SNOWS on along with the new front tire for the snow. This thing has been a hoot from the word go obviously, but it will really shine when the snow starts to fly. One of my favorite things to do since I was a kid is bomb up the roads in the snow. I rode my SX all the way to Steve's like two years ago and that's roughly 11 miles away. It's something that I've been lucky enough to have gotten away with for years on end. You can't really run on a trike, the cops have wheels as well. Unless you want to jump in the woods or something but if there's enough snow that's easier said than done many times. Now a sled you can run with. Trust me, they have a really hard time catching you on a sled so there's no need to go low profile. Now I don't have to worry about any of that (unless they wise up to non-DOT tires). I'll watch the snow come down and I'll wheel right out of my driveway and along my merry way. I swapped out the 15 tooth countershaft sprocket for a 13 tooth for starters so we'll see what happens. I have three size counter shaft sprockets and three axle sprockets. I ordered a set of handle bars and my ice studs just now so the next step is she'll be getting dressed up to run the ice at Raffa's Icefest. I'm doing a thumb throttle conversion stat. I have always been impartial to the the twist/thumb controversy, but I must say this bike just really feels like it needs a thumb throttle. I feel as though it would behoove me to have the thumb in place before racing.

Yet another adventure this bike will partake in is "When Hell Hole Freezes Over", which means the place we ride is covered in snow. The Hell Hole gets soft in the winter, both figuratively and literally. The snow cover makes the trails more like actual riding paths rather than boulder-strewn creek beds, so even unsuspendeds can come play in the snow. I wouldn't take the XR into the Hell Hole otherwise, but with the snow she'll be the bell of the ball on the mountain. Yet another use for this fine machine. Everyone should own one!

85 Tri-Zinger 60
    85 ATC250SX
    86 ATC250SX
    87 ATC250SX
    02 XR650L conversion
    84 ATC 480R

--
    looking good man. keep up the great work, and updates
    2006 Yamaha Raptor 700
    2004 Kawasaki KFX700 V Force
    1985 Suzuki LT230GE(wifes toy)
    1985 Honda ATC 70
    1979 Honda ATC 70 (daughters toy)

--
    85 Tri-Zinger 60
    85 ATC250SX
    86 ATC250SX
    87 ATC250SX
    02 XR650L conversion
    84 ATC 480R

--
    That looks badass fabio. Love the pic with the cruiser, too funny if you ask me! And those 4 Snows should allow you to hook up nicely. Are they still on there? I am jealous that you can run legally on the streets. I did hear from a mountie (Royal Canadian Mounted Police) today (as he was driving my golf cart, lol) that they usually only look for booze and impaired drivers. Whew what a relief.
    Trikes
    1970/71 US 90 (Aquarius Blue)
    1970/71 US 90 (Future Project)
    1972/73 US 90 Camo Project (110 Big Bore)
    1972/73 US 90 Green
    1977 ATC 90 w/83 110 motor (Fugly)
    1982 ATC 70
    1983 ATC 70 (Ladybug)
    1973 ATC 70

1965 Marketeer 3 Wheel Golf Cart with 1986 Honda 250 drivetrain

TF 2015

Other
    1983 Honda Z50
    1978 Honda XL75

Feedback http://www.3wheelerworld.com/showthr...ck-for-coopool
    http://www.3wheelerworld.com/showthr...k-for-coolpool

--
    Quote Originally Posted by coolpool View Post
    they usually only look for booze and impaired drivers.
    In Canada that's cultural profiling eh!

Fabio, how do you like that Kenda?
    It sucks to get old

--
    I took the 4-Snows off yesterday coolpool to convert it for the ice. They can go back on in two wags of a cat's tail. They are not DOT approved, nor is the Kenda front, but I will be going down the road with them on there regardless once we get some snow, if we get some snow.

The Kenda is great Canucksican! It handled perfect first shot out there, I couldn't be more proud. I did some thing right I guess, haha.
    85 Tri-Zinger 60
    85 ATC250SX
    86 ATC250SX
    87 ATC250SX
    02 XR650L conversion
    84 ATC 480R

--
    Quote Originally Posted by fabiodriven View Post
    The Kenda is great Canucksican! It handled perfect first shot out there, I couldn't be more proud. I did some thing right I guess, haha.
    Figured you would. I love mine so much I've seriously contemplated putting two on the rear. I wish they would take that sweet pliable carcass and put some square knobs on it. Still have the last set of rears you recommended I run sitting in the shop (Duros was it?) waiting for their day, but I can't believe they are as flexible as that Kenda.

While I'm on the soap box dang it turns great!!!
    It sucks to get old

--
    85 Tri-Zinger 60
    85 ATC250SX
    86 ATC250SX
    87 ATC250SX
    02 XR650L conversion
    84 ATC 480R

Zach is offline At The Back Of The Pack Arm chair racerAt the back of the pack
    --
    I love following all the adventures this bike goes on, such a sweet machine.
    1986 350x
    1985 250es Big Red
    1985 200m - sold
    1984 225dx - sold
    JCPenny Scat Tracker
    1977 atc 90
    2002 custom Suzuki Volusia
    1983 XL250R
    1975 XL175 (needs alot of work)
    1965 S90

Proud Owner of 1 Set of Trailpros

//ArrowChat Integreation Code //