//ArrowChat Code
Page 1 of 18 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast

Thread: My XR650L conversion

fabiodriven is offline Aspiring romance novel cover model, and the Official 3WW slayer of thieves and swindlers. Catch me if you can
    --

My XR650L conversion

So I ended up making the drive out to New York yesterday to take a peek at this bike which was built by another member on here. I had seen him build it a couple years ago and absolutely loved the bike. Having a street legal three wheeler has been a goal of mine for as long as I can remember and today was my first day with it out on the road. To be quite honest, it's been kind of an emotional thing for me. This is a milestone in my life as far as I'm concerned. I can ride this where I want, when I want, and Johnny Law can't say a thing. One of my all time favorite things is going out in the blizzards with my trikes and riding around the streets. I've gotten away with it illegally for a long time now, but I don't have to worry anymore. Not only that, but I'll be taking this bike to the local hot spots and beaches and it will be in downtown Boston sooner than later. It attracts a lot of attention, people love it. As well they should. I've been known to fall in love quite fast sometimes, but one day is a new record for me.

The bike seems to be well built as far as I can tell. The swing arm was built in a jig, which is more than I can say I did for the swing arms I've built in the past. From the pictures in the Ebay auction I was figuring I'd have to lop the front of the frame off and redesign the front end, but as soon as I saw the bike in person I could tell it didn't need that. It is a low slung bike, which is good for the street. It handles just fine for a live axled three wheeler on pavement. Rake seems fine, and ride height as well. The forks will need a rebuild very soon and the chain is roached. I need to figure out something with the headlights as they're aimed up in the sky. She puffs a little bit on startup and you can smell a little oil while she's running, but it's got plenty of time left on the top end. It's just a little bit of smoke. I had anticipated that anyways as the bike was already warm when I arrived to see it. There's only one reason you warm a bike up before the buyer arrives. Doesn't bother me though, this thing is great. I saw two of the boys in blue today. One didn't look twice and the other stopped to let me pull out in front of him so he could drive behind me. Neither of them stopped me and quite honestly there isn't anything they can do, it's all legit. I was so excited to go pick up my Buell tomorrow from getting a little tuneup, but now I couldn't care any less, haha. I'll still need the Buell, but this thing is going to get some serious use.

Build thread- http://www.3wheelerworld.com/showthr...for-the-street

Last edited by fabiodriven; 03-28-2014 at 03:06 PM.
    85 Tri-Zinger 60
    85 ATC250SX
    86 ATC250SX
    87 ATC250SX
    02 XR650L conversion
    84 ATC 480R

--
    Glad it went to a good home. Gotta be honest, I didn't even know this thing existed until I saw the SOLD post the PO put up. Looks like a well built street avenger. Any hop up plans or ride as is?
    Feedback for yaegerb: Click Here

Need something blasted or polished or both? Send me a PM

--
    I like it a lot and I'm glad it went to a good home. Keep the input coming in.

Billy Golightly is offline Always finding new and exciting ways to not give a hoot in hell Catch me if you can
    --
    Blog Entries
    Wow, I totally missed the original build on this thing I guess. That is a SWEET looking machine, I want one!!

--
    Nice score.it would be funny to watch the looks on people faces as you rip threw town.I want one to.

--
    I could only imagine the feeling of riding that thing on the open road. Congratulations on the buy.
    That thing looks like a dream.

--
    Hmmmmmm..... something I have always wanted to do.... RIDE A TRIKE TO TRIKEFEST!!!
    TECATE RIDER, HASPIN SURVIVOR!!
    Trikefest 02, 03, 04, 05, 06, 07, 08, 09, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14 and beyond
    RAFFAs Ice-fest 09, 10, 11, 13, 14, 15
    Pensyltucky 09, 12, 13, 14, 15
    New England Ride 4/13

fabiodriven is offline Aspiring romance novel cover model, and the Official 3WW slayer of thieves and swindlers. Catch me if you can
    --
    Quote Originally Posted by MIK6 View Post
    Hmmmmmm..... something I have always wanted to do.... RIDE A TRIKE TO TRIKEFEST!!!
    It's funny you say that as Dave Little from our group just left here 5 minutes ago and we discussed that. As great as that would make the documentary, I'm not going to say I can pull that off right now. Haha.
    85 Tri-Zinger 60
    85 ATC250SX
    86 ATC250SX
    87 ATC250SX
    02 XR650L conversion
    84 ATC 480R

--
    There was another one that looked very similar.It had white fenders,also for sale.Think it was in NY.Same trike?So how does it handle.I had a 02 XR650L for a while.It was okay to cruise the dirt roads.Little big in the woods.One turned into a trike might be fun.
    Last edited by jays375; 03-28-2014 at 06:17 PM.

bigdaddyvw185 is offline At The Back Of The Pack Arm chair racerAt the back of the pack
    --

That is so awesome! Congrats!!

lokisbuddy is offline At The Back Of The Pack Arm chair racerAt the back of the pack
    --
    what makes this street legal? is it just the signals, tires and width? does your state have a width limit? or is it just that its a street legal endure converted to atc and titled as enduro? I am very interested in this. what is it titled as? I have never done any investigation into the use of atvs on the road as the roads in my town are all open to atvs. that is a real pretty trike though man.
    200x build
    My Feedback
    The world is broken up into two very different groups of people: there are those who like me, and those who can go to hell

--
    My guess is it's titled as an XR650L, that's pretty much all you need, ahahaha.
    Very cool rig Doctor Fabulous, when can ya take me for a ride?

--
    please ensure to gopro the first time you get pulled over! nice score
    Last edited by devilman; 03-29-2014 at 06:45 AM.

--
    thanks for stopping by and letting me check this out in person John!! Very cool machine! If I had more time I would have had you take it off the truck for sure! Also thanks for checking out my stuff! Not often I get any company as you could tell! We will be riding on the street together this summer either on the roadbikes, or the XR's!!

--
    i saw this th eother day, and thought it was neater than hell. congrats on the buy...id love to have one like this.
    2006 Yamaha Raptor 700
    2004 Kawasaki KFX700 V Force
    1985 Suzuki LT230GE(wifes toy)
    1985 Honda ATC 70
    1979 Honda ATC 70 (daughters toy)

//ArrowChat Integreation Code //