//ArrowChat Code
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Brand new 1987 200x ebay

--
    Bids up to $9k now...

--
    Thanks for chiming in Mike! Do you have any recent restos to share with us?

--

--
    Can anybody tell me why the original link stopped working before the auction ended and now its a different link to see what it sold for?

By the way the guy that bought it is a member here. He had posted of his purchase in this thread, but must have decided to delete it.

--
    Quote Originally Posted by DohcBikes View Post
    By the way the guy that bought it is a member here. He had posted of his purchase in this thread, but must have decided to delete it.
    I saw that his post was gone, I figured that it was a mod who figured he was trying to troll us. Not sure though. You could be right.
    1983 212x "Mickey Dunlap" Powroll TT Trike -Blue frame, Supertrapp (looking for a Powroll DD), WEB Stage II cam, Powroll 6mm stroker, Wiseco 10.25:1 piston stock bore, ported, polished, +2 Swinger,White low-pros and 250R front fender, BAPP rear shock, Powroll Decals, NOS Carlisle R/A's

Gone:
    '83 185s, '86 200x, '70's Full Suspension Hi-Performance ATC RD400,

--
    The reason it stopped working is because In the start of this thread I had copied/pasted the link to "items for sale from theboy" ,active items and he no longer has anything for sale. The recent link I copied/pasted is the actual listing while viewing it. I didn't see the post from the buyer, missed that.
    Quote Originally Posted by DohcBikes View Post
    Can anybody tell me why the original link stopped working before the auction ended and now its a different link to see what it sold for?

--
    Quote Originally Posted by honda200x1987 View Post
    Thanks for chiming in Mike! Do you have any recent restos to share with us?
    Isn't this your comment to the buyer?

Edit; I re-read the whole thing it appears your replying to vintagemotoraports.
    I did see the buyers post it was something short like " it went to a good home, just need to get the basement ready."
    When I first saw it I remembered seein your post right after it. My bad
    Last edited by Bren_downe; 04-09-2014 at 11:48 PM. Reason: Re-read
    82 250r
    83 Big Red
    85 Auto-x
    If you've done business with me please leave me feedback
    http://www.3wheelerworld.com/showthr...ght=Bren_downe

--
    Impressive that this went for $10k.

...and then there's my dad who thinks they are only worth $500...

Donzi26zx is offline At The Back Of The Pack Arm chair racerFirst time rider
    --
    I think 10K happens to be a bargain, I sold my last one that was clean for over 8,000 but no where near perfect. Try finding a 87 200X first of all and one that is in decent shape for under 4000, next try finding all the NOS parts for the bike and then have Mike restore the bike. You couldn't do it for double that and I don't think you could find the parts. Remember they only made 2800 of these bikes and the plastics have been discontinued for some time now. Mike does by far the best restorations I have ever seen and everyone on this site knows his work is the best.

--
    your right there Donzi that was a bargain at that price I would venture to say starting from ground zero at todays parts prices and avalibility you could never build another for that price . To answer the other question on projects going on now. I have all types of cool vintage bikes here in the shop being restored not all 3 wheeler related but I have my hands full with ATCs as well. I have been doing alot of work for my customer in Holland alot of really rare MX bikes I have a HRC RS600 flat tracker and some mini bikes for my buddy Rich Winkler owner of dirt wurx the supercross track builder so definitley keeping things rolling, attached a few pics of some bikes that left in the past few weeks , a 1973 CR250 for a good customer in CA and another blue US90 for a customer in Kodiak Alaska and 3 more us90s in the works now . I will try to post up some ATC pics as they come through the shop . Thanks for everyones positive comments on my work its what makes all this crazy stuff worth it .
    Attached Images Attached Images

--
    Mike,

Just out of curiousity have you done any other 87 Honda 200X's? I am curious how many are out there.

--
    I have built 2 87s at this point both are pretty much equal and I have my personal 87 200x that I plan on starting at some point . I have been collecting nos parts for mine for approx 10 years. Mine might be a little bit more over the top just because of the amount of nos parts I have for it but pretty equal looks wise.

--
    Anyone know of a good shipper. I am not looking for a big company but rather a one off guy who is very careful with precious cargo? Looking for someone going from Maryland to Connecticut.

--
    I know a guy..He won't need a pick up address. But may get held over in PA a couple decades... Congrats man... Super well bought.
    Please help those who cannot help themselves.

ALWAYS buying Museum quality machines,3 and 4 wheels. And any and ALL ,NOS parts,EVERY brand.

I am turning my PM's Off,my Email is billsracing@hotmail.com,put 3WW in the subject. Thanx!

Gun laws do not stop criminals. BULLETS do.

--
    Mike at Vintage----since you have been checking in on the thread, I just wanted to sincerely thank you and congratulate you for the beautiful work you do.

Also congrats to Donzi-------Ten thousand was a bargain.

//ArrowChat Integreation Code //