//ArrowChat Code
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: info on 250r short track shrouds

--
    Great posts. And I too am NOT bashing.. But after hearing the same story about 30 times from coast to coast. It gets clear. But again. Where else you gonna go . Maier????lol,,,They wanted almost $8000 to get a $23 number plate project off the ground. They are MORE than happy stuffing their pockets with quad and SxS business to goof with our stuff.. Best I could say is,call DC. Express your concerns and maybe they have a fairly simple suggestion to mount them up? Can't hurt! There ARE R's out there running around with them mounted And they make the color you want...Keep us posted
    Please help those who cannot help themselves.

ALWAYS buying Museum quality machines,3 and 4 wheels. And any and ALL ,NOS parts,EVERY brand.

I am turning my PM's Off,my Email is billsracing@hotmail.com,put 3WW in the subject. Thanx!

Gun laws do not stop criminals. BULLETS do.

--
    Quote Originally Posted by atc007 View Post
    I collect ST kits. All I have ever heard is very bad. The ones I have mounted are OE, Team Honda,and CT . All the Dc's I have are still NIP that came with the kits.,and most likely going to stay that way. I have heard of one guy in Florida that said he made them fit ok. His user name escapes me atm. Common sense says if you work with them long enough they would HAVE to fit ok??? But again,I have zero personal experience,just really bad feedback. The alternative?? Good LUCK finding OE. 97% of them are cracked and command a lot of coin.
    I was talking to a certain 250r out in my garage the other day and it told me how much it would love to wear a s/t kit instead of its oem tank. Lol

--
    surprised no one makes any oem s/t fiberglass shrouds, i'm sure someone would make them, not sure if anyone would want to use there oem mold for one

--
    I can make them from fiberglass if someone wants to send a pair to mould off. A set of new ones included in the return package.

oile is offline Just Too Addicted Arm chair racerJust too addicted
    --
    pm sent to you

--
    Quote Originally Posted by bkm View Post
    I was talking to a certain 250r out in my garage the other day and it told me how much it would love to wear a s/t kit instead of its oem tank. Lol

Dude, the steals you're sniping off ebay and you Still don't have one!! I assumed you did lol.. They're cool to look at and use. But the mileage stinks for a rider.. I simply don't spend enough time on there to see a billionth of the goodies going through. But they are out there. And some quite reasonable,,,,but usually with dc shrouds . I can't think of that guy in Florida for anything that does well with them.. His R is/was black and silver. Nice ride. . He had got hold of a black st tank and built his own kit,with DC's shrouds..

ALWAYS buying Museum quality machines,3 and 4 wheels. And any and ALL ,NOS parts,EVERY brand.

I am turning my PM's Off,my Email is billsracing@hotmail.com,put 3WW in the subject. Thanx!

--
    Quote Originally Posted by atc007 View Post
    Dude, the steals you're sniping off ebay and you Still don't have one!! I assumed you did lol.. They're cool to look at and use. But the mileage stinks for a rider.. I simply don't spend enough time on there to see a billionth of the goodies going through. But they are out there. And some quite reasonable,,,,but usually with dc shrouds . I can't think of that guy in Florida for anything that does well with them.. His R is/was black and silver. Nice ride. . He had got hold of a black st tank and built his own kit,with DC's shrouds..
    No s/t tank or low pro's. I've been waiting for the right deal to come along but they both usually go higher than I think they are worth. I'm done overpaying for used parts. Hopefully one day my patience will pay off.

--
    It will. I had a Very nice set of lo pros literally fall in my lap on Ebay a few weeks ago.. Ya just never know!

oile is offline Just Too Addicted Arm chair racerJust too addicted
    --

--
    holy crap
    All our government does is distract us while they steal from us, misspend our tax $ and ruin our country

--
    He knows what its worth too.lol

--

--
    I was hot and heavy to put my kit on until I got my DC shrouds in. As others said I appreciate and respect what that company does. However these shrouds are just a horrible fit. This discussion has me curious though. I think with some cutting and spacers they could look ok. I too would love to have a white set for my short track bike. Anybody interested to see what it takes to make the dc ones fit? I can take some pics and post my findings.
    1969 Trail 70
    1973 ATC 70
    1983 ATC 70
    1986 ATC350X
    1986 ATC250R X 3
    1986 ATC200X
    1987 ATC200X
    2012 Polaris RZR

--
    Blog Entries

--
    ok....lets see some pics of DC shrouds mounted already!!!!!
    86 350X ::: 85 250R

Projects
    350x

Come and Gone
    86 350x : 84 250r X2
    85 350x X2 : 84 200es X3
    83 200e : 78 ATC90

//ArrowChat Integreation Code //