//ArrowChat Code
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: info on 250r short track shrouds

--

info on 250r short track shrouds

I am looking for a set of white shrouds for my short track tank on my 85 250r. In my readings of post on 3ww, I thought I may have read somewhere that a member on here makes them? If not, does anyone have any info on where to possibly locate some? or maybe even have a set they were wanting to part with.
    thanks

--
    I believe DC Plastics has them, or so I'm told.

--
    I picked up some red ones from dc plastics

--
    i've never seen any reproduced white ones, do they exist?

--
    DC plastics may be willing to do a run if you get enough interest and I bet you will!!
    All our government does is distract us while they steal from us, misspend our tax $ and ruin our country

poohbee1 is offline At The Back Of The Pack Arm chair racerAt the back of the pack
    --
    dc short track shrouds will not fit a Honda short track setup . you might be able to take a torch to them and stretch them to fit but that's the only way they will work.

--
    then why the hell are they selling them if they don't fit...god I hate aftermarket fenders
    86 350X ::: 85 250R

Projects
    350x

Come and Gone
    86 350x : 84 250r X2
    85 350x X2 : 84 200es X3
    83 200e : 78 ATC90

oile is offline Just Too Addicted Arm chair racerJust too addicted
    --
    i have a set of white ones so i know they were made

--
    I think there was a member from Australia that made some s/t shrouds , think I looked him up when I first got a tank but never amounted to anything

Projects
    350x

Come and Gone

--
    Blog Entries
    If you want to pay $750 for a set of exactly reproduced short track shrouds, 3D printed on a $250k printer in nylon, pm me. Oh yea they are white/natural nylon, but can be dyed any color.

--
    I have a set of white DC's new in bag if you are interested. I have no idea about fitment issues as I never tried to mount them, they haven't even been out of the bag.
    nstyle73

"When in doubt, wind it out"

Feedback: http://www.3wheelerworld.com/showthr...k-for-nstyle73

--
    so can anyone else chime in on DC shroud fitment? Any success or is it all fails???

Projects
    350x

Come and Gone

--
    I collect ST kits. All I have ever heard is very bad. The ones I have mounted are OE, Team Honda,and CT . All the Dc's I have are still NIP that came with the kits.,and most likely going to stay that way. I have heard of one guy in Florida that said he made them fit ok. His user name escapes me atm. Common sense says if you work with them long enough they would HAVE to fit ok??? But again,I have zero personal experience,just really bad feedback. The alternative?? Good LUCK finding OE. 97% of them are cracked and command a lot of coin.
    Please help those who cannot help themselves.

ALWAYS buying Museum quality machines,3 and 4 wheels. And any and ALL ,NOS parts,EVERY brand.

I am turning my PM's Off,my Email is billsracing@hotmail.com,put 3WW in the subject. Thanx!

Gun laws do not stop criminals. BULLETS do.

atcman77 is offline At The Back Of The Pack Arm chair racerFirst time rider
    --
    I will tell you from experience DC Plastics does sell white replacement short track shrouds because I have bought them from him. Now, before I speak of the fitment I want to make it clear to everyone that I am NOT bashing him, his products, or his technical skills! I think most of his reproduction parts fit rather well, especially for older dirt bikes where replacements are obsolete or non existent. As for the fitment of his reproduction short track shrouds.... Lets just say I never could get them to fit properly. They arrived with the mounting holes not drilled and were for the most part unformed (No curvature to the tank). Even properly drilled and mounted they never would lay against the tank correctly. I never tried heating them as it simply wasn't worth the trouble to me.

The only other person I know of that use to reproduce short track shrouds was a previous member here, Aussieduner. His replacement shrouds fit very well but were brittle due to the type of plastic he used in the process. They were only available then in white and black.

Has anyone looked into getting Maier to reproduce them? I would be in for several sets of those if one could get them to do it...
    Quote Originally Posted by An Anonymous Member
    Do you really have to type (PM sent)...............

poohbee1 is offline At The Back Of The Pack Arm chair racerAt the back of the pack
    --
    I'm not trying to bash them they simply do not fit . I wish they did I ride mine and its just a matter of time before I break the originals . The Honda original plastics look good but there pretty much junk for real world riding.750$ is to rich for me but if someone could make some out of the type of plastic like maier uses I would gladly pay around 100$ for them.

//ArrowChat Integreation Code //