//ArrowChat Code
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: 1984 200x possible air issue

--
    DO NOT change slides in that carb. The original slide needs to stay with the OEM carb. Intermixing parts between OEM and aftermarket is asking for trouble. There are no air leaks as you have ruled out from the starter fluid check and that's a good thing.

Some questions.
    why are you adjusting the air/mixture screw? I set that to stock specs before it was shipped and it doesn't need to be adjusted unless you are making large modifications to your engine. You need to put that back to stock specifications
    Why are you changing out main jets? What have you modified on the engine?...if you have just added a DG pipe and newer air cleaner then a 110 main will be more than sufficient.
    Feedback for yaegerb: Click Here

Need something blasted or polished or both? Send me a PM

--
    Quote Originally Posted by DohcBikes View Post
    You cannot interchange the slides and expect it to run right. It just doesn't work like that.

I'm sure we will have people that wanna say its OK, but a carb has one slide, the one that came with it. This of course only applies if you are picky, and don't want to waste time wondering if your mixed and matched parts are playing well together.
    Hey Dohc what do you suggest I do?
    Ride Red!!!!

//ArrowChat Integreation Code //