//ArrowChat Code
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: BIG RED BOLT ON LIFT KIT for sale!

--

BIG RED BOLT ON LIFT KIT for sale!

I have started making bolt on lift kits for Big Reds! I only make it for the front, it's totally bolt on with no fabrication to install. It's a fully machined piece that basically spaces the front forks 3.25". The pics posted is it installed on my big red with 28" outlaws and my home made bolt on rear lift of 1.5" from bolt hole to bolt hole and it easily clears a 5 gallon bucket under the motor! I have more info and pics on my eBay post.
    http://bit.ly/1ekRNk6
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	image.jpg 
Views:	9897 
Size:	2.08 MB 
ID:	191088   Click image for larger version. 

Views:	13222 
Size:	1.85 MB 
ID:	191089   Click image for larger version. 

Views:	30786 
Size:	1.88 MB 
ID:	191090  

--
    Here's a general question for everyone. Does the front need to be lifted? There's enough fender clearance to fit a 28 up front no? Is it just to compensate for the rear lift. Would running a 30" tire up front have same effect? Any negative effects running 30" front and 28" rear?
    Are you selling your rear lift? Can you give some information on that and your snorkel as well?
    I have 27x12x12 mud lites on rear of mine. No modifications

cap is offline At The Back Of The Pack Arm chair racerFirst time rider
    --
    This should fit on other 200's as well right? I need to extend forks on a 200s about 3".

Coxy is offline New to the board Arm chair racerNew to the board
    Coldwater, Ontario. ( just south of parry sound)
    --
    question for ya about the rear 1.5 lift....I had a big bear a few years back an did a 1.5 in the back...after about a month I had drive line noise an shortly after that broke the rear drive shaft ( u joint)....curious if you've notice any noise yet or have u changed to an up graded universal?

Stonewall is offline At The Back Of The Pack Arm chair racerAt the back of the pack
    --
    Quote Originally Posted by TRACE WHEELER View Post
    I have started making bolt on lift kits for Big Reds! I only make it for the front, it's totally bolt on with no fabrication to install. It's a fully machined piece that basically spaces the front forks 3.25". The pics posted is it installed on my big red with 28" outlaws and my home made bolt on rear lift of 1.5" from bolt hole to bolt hole and it easily clears a 5 gallon bucket under the motor! I have more info and pics on my eBay post.
    http://bit.ly/1ekRNk6
    Nice job copying my concept and trying to make a gigantic profit from it.

Quote Originally Posted by BigMud View Post
    Here's a general question for everyone. Does the front need to be lifted? There's enough fender clearance to fit a 28 up front no? Is it just to compensate for the rear lift. Would running a 30" tire up front have same effect? Any negative effects running 30" front and 28" rear?
    Are you selling your rear lift? Can you give some information on that and your snorkel as well?
    I have 27x12x12 mud lites on rear of mine. No modifications
    If you don't lift the front end, but lift the back and put on larger tires, you'll end up with an outrageous amount of rake, which will make the 3 wheeler handle funny and it'll feel weird when you sit on it.

I ran 27x12-11 Vampires on a stock 250ES for a year or so, and they would get into the front fender more than I liked. I wouldn't run any larger than a 26" front tire without some kind of clearance modification.
    1974 Honda ATC 70
    1985 Honda ATC 250 ES Big Red
    1986 Honda ATC 250 ES Big Red
    2008 Honda Rancher 420
    1983 Hustler 945-HK 6x6 - Fire Breathing 627cc V-Twin Monster
    2010 Chevy Silverado 1500 4x4 LT
    1983 GMC K10 Sierra Classic Suburban 6.2 Liter Diesel

My Feedback:http://www.3wheelerworld.com/showthr...-for-Stonewall

There is no Z in Diesel!!!

--
    Sorry but if you guys think this type of lift for a big red is a new concept, keep thinking.

Farmers sons across the country have been doing it since the 80's, you of all people should know this stonewall!!

The product looks nice. If you want to build it and sell it, more power to ya. Gigantic profit, not likely.

--
    Sorry, I'll have to agree with DOHC on this one Stonewall.

Not too many original ideas when it comes to these old machines anymore..I don't think you get to call dibs on this 'new' idea or it's marketing!!

But hell if you think Trace is gouging then make a kit yourself..perhaps powder the front insert to match the BR colour and include the rear lift bracket too!!

I don't think anyone is gonna mind a little health competition. I think I might even be tempted into buying..I know my brother would!!

Until someone files a patent it's all good!
    Current toys..
    1986 Honda 350X..trail bomb!
    1985 Honda 250SX..my main mudder
    1985 Honda 250ES..Back in Black Trike
    Current non-trike toys:
    1990 Honda TRX300FW
    1995 Seadoo GTX
    1998 Polaris Indy Lite 340(Nearly new looking)
    1998 Polaris Touring 500
    1998 Club Car (electric)

--
    I think you should produce a kit as well. If you guys start competing it will likely drive the price down, then I would buy one.
    My feedback: http://www.3wheelerworld.com/showthr...k-for-ATC-Eric

Survivor! TF: 07, 08, 09, 10, 11, 12, 13 Sandpuppies: 07, 08, 09, 10, 11, 16, 17, 18 Imperial Invasion 09, 10, 11, 13, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20

Everything Big Bore on FaceBook

Stonewall is offline At The Back Of The Pack Arm chair racerAt the back of the pack
    --
    Maybe I worded my comment a little more harshly than I had originally intended it, I apologize.

I just found it a little too much of a coincidence that just over a month after I posted a lift like this that I built, a new member shows up trying to sell basically a refined version of the same thing. BTW, the OP has a total of 2 posts as I write this, both of which only serve to advertise this kit.

DOHC, I respect your opinion, but could you show me someone else besides me and Trace that has built a lift like this? I had never seen or heard of anyone making one like it until I made one. Every lifted Big Red I've ever seen simply had longer clamps welded on the triples.

I'm not trying to call dibs on anything, sorry if I came across that way. I would love to offer a complete BR lift, or maybe even a 2" swingarm extension, but unfortunately I'm not set up to produce anything like that for the time being. I'm glad to see someone else taking the initiative to produce something like this for sale.

On another note, the your kit does look very well made, much more refined than mine (although I built mine in a hurry in about 2 hours lol). The only thing that worry's me a bit, is that the new fork socket looks to not be any more than 2" deep, which is an inch shallower than factory, and only clamps with one bolt. Maybe that's enough though, I'm sure you wouldn't try to sell something like this without plenty of testing to make sure it's good and stout right?
    1974 Honda ATC 70
    1985 Honda ATC 250 ES Big Red
    1986 Honda ATC 250 ES Big Red
    2008 Honda Rancher 420
    1983 Hustler 945-HK 6x6 - Fire Breathing 627cc V-Twin Monster
    2010 Chevy Silverado 1500 4x4 LT
    1983 GMC K10 Sierra Classic Suburban 6.2 Liter Diesel

My Feedback:http://www.3wheelerworld.com/showthr...-for-Stonewall

There is no Z in Diesel!!!

--
    Well stonewall, im not the type to make stuff up, and im definitely not the type that worries about proving my statements with picture evidence, so no.

Remember that 3WW is a small group of the trike owners in this country, and they dont all post pics on the net.. There are lots of things out there NONE of us have seen yet.

I lived 32 years in Nebraska. Ive seen lots of lifted atv's, more ways than i can count. Guess you'll just have to trust me on this one.

Hope you guys can make some cash on it.

--
    I thought this is where we came to share ideas..

So even if Trace did use your idea as a rough blueprint, if you didn't want that too happen you shouldn't have shared it.

I sure didn't expect the idea about the front wheel swap on the SX and ES not to be tried by other members! That is why I brought my discovery, or rediscovery (someone else had already thought if it before and just didn't say anything)

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	rims.tires.jpg 
Views:	17757 
Size:	1.48 MB 
ID:	191816Click image for larger version. 

Name:	full trike.jpg 
Views:	5680 
Size:	251.2 KB 
ID:	191817

I happily share it and will give anyone the details to do it themselves..I don't make claim of ownership of an idea!

The fact is you are not the original thought on lifting the BR, any thread search will turn up dozens of results on the subject. It's not up to DOHC or anyone else to prove it to you.

As I stated before, build a better and I'll buy it!!

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	whining.jpg 
Views:	339 
Size:	13.5 KB 
ID:	191818
    Last edited by dougspcs; 04-21-2014 at 08:38 AM.
    Current toys..
    1986 Honda 350X..trail bomb!
    1985 Honda 250SX..my main mudder
    1985 Honda 250ES..Back in Black Trike
    Current non-trike toys:
    1990 Honda TRX300FW
    1995 Seadoo GTX
    1998 Polaris Indy Lite 340(Nearly new looking)
    1998 Polaris Touring 500
    1998 Club Car (electric)

--
    250r rules

--

--
    Quote Originally Posted by dougspcs View Post
    Sorry, I'll have to agree with DOHC on this one Stonewall.

Not too many original ideas when it comes to these old machines anymore..I don't think you get to call dibs on this 'new' idea or it's marketing!!

But hell if you think Trace is gouging then make a kit yourself..perhaps powder the front insert to match the BR colour and include the rear lift bracket too!!

I don't think anyone is gonna mind a little health competition. I think I might even be tempted into buying..I know my brother would!!

Until someone files a patent it's all good!
    include the proper length front brake cable and sell as a complete kit too
    current rides
    82' ATC110
    85' ATC310R
    85' ATC250R
    85' ATC250ES
    16' brute force 750

--
    Anybody offering these still?

//ArrowChat Integreation Code //