//ArrowChat Code
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: 87 trx125 trike conversion

--
    those 125's are good bikes, hell of a motor for being so small, your guna have a sweet trike, post a ride report!

--
    Quote Originally Posted by hawaiirider View Post
    those 125's are good bikes, hell of a motor for being so small, your guna have a sweet trike, post a ride report!
    hopefully i'll have a ride report in a couple of days

--

scrap yard find

this isn't really an update, but i found this while at the scrap yard today, got it for 36 bucks, nothing on it is really useable, just the front end i will be using

here's some other trikes i took a pic of while i was waiting

--
    The rest of you score may be useless to you but may be gold to someone else. If you are gonna just re scrap it pass it off for shipping to someone who can use it.

--
    Quote Originally Posted by just ben View Post
    The rest of you score may be useless to you but may be gold to someone else. If you are gonna just re scrap it pass it off for shipping to someone who can use it.
    i might save it all and build a suspended 200 out of it in the future, its a 84 200es by the way

--
    that 2nd pic has my interest for some parts needed i will pm you to see what we can work out, but will let mattdragontamer get first shot mainly for basket as i dont need it but could use some of the other stuff did you pick up the other one just behind?
    you know whats right therefore you know what is expected

--
    Oops just saw your comment that these were just pics there not that you had picked them up got alittle excited prematurely. Which scrap yard they at in Lubbock ?
    you know whats right therefore you know what is expected

--

progress

i got some more done on the build, mainly on the front fork situation

here's the front forks i got today, 185 forks

i got to thinking and decided to leave a little pipe on the steering neck so i could do an extension so i don't have to do any gas tank modifications and have full turning radius, i still have to do a little cleaning to get most of the rust gone, i cut most of the flat steel off that was welded on and i will weld some flat steel on there instead

here's the pipe i will be using for the extension, i had some left that was on part of the frame that i got the front off end off of, it fits nicely inside the pipe on the trx, i still need to fully clean the rust off this pipe also

--

mock up

i got the top backbone sorted out, now i'm just working on the down tube to connect to the trx frame, here is a mock up pic to see what it would look like, looks like the front end was made to go on there, looks kinda cool with a fatty front end, nothing is welded in this pic, just sitting there

--
    here's more progress i got done for the day

i decided to use a gusset instead in the middle that will brace the front end, i also got the top backbone all welded and grinded down

here is one of the plates that i got welded on the side, i just need to do the other side, so i'll have 3 plates welded to the 185 front end to the trx frame, i think it should hold pretty good, when i finish the other side i'll be boxing in the bottom

--
    Looking pretty sweet. Can't wait to see if finished!

--

conversion finished

the conversion is finally done, it just needs a little cleaning up and some paint

i made some straps that connect to the bottom neck part to the frame

here is where i boxed it in all together

here is my templates i made from paper and cut them out using my jigsaw i picked up at walmart, it was like 30 bucks but it works pretty damn good cutting metal with the blades you can also get for it, almost like butter

86125m is offline Got The Holeshot Arm chair racerJust too addicted
    --
    I really want to see the finished product.

--

updated pics

here are some updated pics that some people were asking for

here's how it sits as of now, still needs a couple of things, not sure if i want to use another seat and tank or not, still deciding, i do have the fenders, i just didnt put them on there

i added some wheel spacers i got off ebay a while back, they were 2.5 spacers, so i gained 5 inches width, also added some lawn mower tires they had at the local tire shop

here's the spacers, you can't see them that good, but you can see a little of them

this is the front end, yes it has a trail pro, brake drum works, just need a brake cable, the back half of the fender was trashed so i cut that part off and used the front half

this is the dash i decided to use, i didn't like the big white bulky dash that originally came on the trx so this went on, it was from an 84 200

--
    They look like durablue spacers. What's the bolt pattern on these Hondas? I forget. I have NOS ones in 4x100.

//ArrowChat Integreation Code //