//ArrowChat Code
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: 87 trx125 trike conversion

--

87 trx125 trike conversion

I've had this 125 just sitting waiting to do a trike conversion to it, so i pulled it in and started working on it. The plan is to cut all the front end crap off of it and use a 185 front end for it. I will also try to use the quad gas tank.

Here's what i'm starting with

The front end that's getting cut off

The plan for the steering neck is to cut off as much as i can getting rid of all the quad stuff that's on there and weld in the 185 steering neck

Here is the motor, it's pretty clean and runs for sitting a couple of years outside, it ran before i picked it up, i'm sure the carb will need a cleaning and it also needs a new air filter.

--

update

well the front end is off, it took a while since my sawzall blade bent and didn't have any extra blades, so i had to use a cut off wheel instead

here's where i think the triples might hit the gas tank, the front part of the tank looks like the triples would hit it, but not sure

here's what the neck looks like with the steering stem gone, i will probably be cutting it out

--
    this is cool. i love any build that involves turning a 4wheeler into a 3wheeler. but what the reason for doing it to a trx125? just want the practice for another build? or would this be better then a 125m? good luck!
    current rides
    82' ATC110
    85' ATC310R
    85' ATC250R
    85' ATC250ES
    16' brute force 750

--
    the reason i picked this quad is because i got it for free, the front end was pretty trashed anyway, i wasn't about to fix it and it already had a downtube so i decided to just cut the front end off and convert it, i don't really know much about the 125m, but this does have electric start, i think the 125m has electric also but not sure

--
    what part of the lone star state you in? just how bad is front end pieces? looks like it will be interesting
    you know whats right therefore you know what is expected

--
    This will be pretty straight forward. These were a great step up from Hondas Horizontals... They actually ran with the Kawis in 86 and 87.. How shameful it was back in 84 and 85 ! You may be shopping for a different tank or moving mounts back.
    Please help those who cannot help themselves.

ALWAYS buying Museum quality machines,3 and 4 wheels. And any and ALL ,NOS parts,EVERY brand.

I am turning my PM's Off,my Email is billsracing@hotmail.com,put 3WW in the subject. Thanx!

Gun laws do not stop criminals. BULLETS do.

--
    Quote Originally Posted by danbur55 View Post
    what part of the lone star state you in? just how bad is front end pieces? looks like it will be interesting
    i'm near lubbock, the front end needs bushings and bearings, did you need any of it?

--
    Quote Originally Posted by atc007 View Post
    This will be pretty straight forward. These were a great step up from Hondas Horizontals... They actually ran with the Kawis in 86 and 87.. How shameful it was back in 84 and 85 ! You may be shopping for a different tank or moving mounts back.
    i may end up going with a different tank or modifying the 125 tank some how

--
    may not need them but always find myself altering (hoping improving) some of mine and others as well as a couple ideas for something later on. mainly tierods spindles hubs if your not gonna need any of it shoot me a pm we'll go from there thanks
    you know whats right therefore you know what is expected

86125m is offline Got The Holeshot Arm chair racerJust too addicted
    --
    Really cool man that bike and the 86-87 125m are basically the same bike. I love my 86 125mand I really want to see how this thing turns out.

--
    Quote Originally Posted by danbur55 View Post
    may not need them but always find myself altering (hoping improving) some of mine and others as well as a couple ideas for something later on. mainly tierods spindles hubs if your not gonna need any of it shoot me a pm we'll go from there thanks
    i'll message you soon

--
    i got more progress done today

i removed the bars that were welded to the frame that went to the front end, one pic of after i got it off and one of it cleaned up, i may need to weld in a gap that was under the bar piece i removed, i don't know if you can see what part i'm talking about in the pic, i may also weld a plate over the big hole that's there also just beside where i grinded

here i got the old steering neck removed, there's still some of the old metal left behind but i don't think it would hurt to leave it there, it looks ugly so far but i'm not finished yet, just a pic before i quit for the night

Afrothunderkat is offline At The Back Of The Pack Arm chair racerAt the back of the pack
    --
    4 is too many, cool project bud!
    2003 RM 250 ::: 1985 ATC 250R ::: 1986 ATC 250ES
    -----------------------------------------
    Past Trikes: 1985 YTM 225DX ::: 1984 200s ::: 1985 YTM200

Past Bikes: 1987 KX80BW ::: 2002 TT-R 125L ::: 2000 RM 125

Quote Originally Posted by Tri-ZNate View Post
    Talking about the build quality, I got their exhaust and economy muffler and it fits together like tossing a hot dog down a hall way with nothing provided to take up the slop. Best $200 ever spent

--
    intersting project, im in for updates!
    TrikeFest 07,08,09,10,11,12,13,14 SandPuppie's Ride 07,08,09 Imperial Invasion 09, 13

--
    I love seeing quads getting chopped up
    HEY YOU WORM PICKERS..QUIT PICKIN' MY WORMS!
    Owner of the world' widest atc plow
    Builder of 3 wheeler accessories such as Big Red suspension sidecars,Big red's with full roofs, 3 wheeler elevators, and NOS powered 2 speed tri zingers

"Hold my beer.......watch this sh@# !!!!!!

//ArrowChat Integreation Code //