//ArrowChat Code

Thread: Buying a new cylinder for my kids tri zinger need help.

lokisbuddy is offline At The Back Of The Pack Arm chair racerAt the back of the pack
    --

Buying a new cylinder for my kids tri zinger need help.

What I need to know is Will this kit be reliable for my kid to ride around? https://www.treatland.tv/yamaha-QT50...kit-318007.htm will it work with stock exhaust and carb? what jets will I need? is there a governer on the zinger that I can set so the boy can only go so fast? what plug do I use wwith the kit? sorry for all the questions but this is my first tri zinger and id like to get it running for the kids.
    200x build
    My Feedback
    The world is broken up into two very different groups of people: there are those who like me, and those who can go to hell

--
    I think there are different spark plugs for the kit. I remember having to shim my stock zinger plug with a thick washer, it poked too far inside the head. I left my zingers in AK, they sure are fun and very dependable. You can use the governor to slow it down, I've always tried to make em go faster! I ran them with 110 octane, lots of fun for adults not sure if it's for young kids.

lokisbuddy is offline At The Back Of The Pack Arm chair racerAt the back of the pack
    --
    well its my kids so hes gonna break bones and learn the hard way how to properly ride a mans machine
    200x build
    My Feedback
    The world is broken up into two very different groups of people: there are those who like me, and those who can go to hell

--
    Oh yea I tried going larger on my jets with the stock carb, it did not run good after changing the main. So I installed the stock jet without any problems.... All three of my zingers still run good. we used them a lot, while my tri z was down that was all I had to ride for the summer....lol

With the dg pipe instructions it says you may have to go up 2 sizes but not the case for me, I also ran boyeseen reeds. I'm guessing stock exhaust and everything should work fine. It will run much quieter too, the dg pipe nearly sounds like a 550 Polaris.
    Here's my zinger from my cold winter in Alaska, I'm 230#+ and it felt like I was going fast! With a child on there you better check the brakes work good.

Fast forward say 5 mins or so, it was prolly 40 below zero it took some time to get going:

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=RKM3HPMjkMQ
    Last edited by 3 Wheel Drive; 04-14-2014 at 10:28 PM.

--
    That's sick. i like the gas cap
    200x build
    My Feedback

rayatc84 is offline At The Back Of The Pack Arm chair racerFirst time rider
    --
    I have this kit + high compression head on 2 zingers: 1 with DG pipe, the other with OEM pipe.
    Stock carb and jetting for both.
    Spark plug is NGK BPM6A on both because it is shorter than OEM NGK BP6HS that hit the piston.
    Outside of engines with holes that stink, there is no salvation...

My feedback thread: here!
    Want to see overseas 3wheelers? http://www.passion-atc.com of course!

YT60 Tri-Zinger, YT70 Tri-Zinger modified, '84 ATC 70, '82 ATC 110, '82 250R, '82 250R modified, '84 250R, '84 480R in build, '85 310R, '86 250R, '87 250ES BigRed, '84 FL250 Odyssey, '85 FL350 Odyssey

--
    Quote Originally Posted by rayatc84 View Post
    I have this kit + high compression head on 2 zingers: 1 with DG pipe, the other with OEM pipe.
    Stock carb and jetting for both.
    Spark plug is NGK BPM6A on both because it is shorter than OEM NGK BP6HS that hit the piston.
    is the plug length dif due to the high compression head or will I need to use that plug if I utilize the stock head as well?
    200x build
    My Feedback

rayatc84 is offline At The Back Of The Pack Arm chair racerFirst time rider
    --
    Quote Originally Posted by lokisbuddy View Post
    is the plug length dif due to the high compression head or will I need to use that plug if I utilize the stock head as well?
    I don't know because I have never tried the stock head with the 70 kit.
    Piston kit is sharper and the high compression head is thinner, as you can see in the pics below

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSC03135.JPG 
Views:	5 
Size:	1.99 MB 
ID:	191427Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSC03136.JPG 
Views:	6 
Size:	1.96 MB 
ID:	191428
    Outside of engines with holes that stink, there is no salvation...

My feedback thread: here!
    Want to see overseas 3wheelers? http://www.passion-atc.com of course!

YT60 Tri-Zinger, YT70 Tri-Zinger modified, '84 ATC 70, '82 ATC 110, '82 250R, '82 250R modified, '84 250R, '84 480R in build, '85 310R, '86 250R, '87 250ES BigRed, '84 FL250 Odyssey, '85 FL350 Odyssey

//ArrowChat Integreation Code //