//ArrowChat Code
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Reactions to three wheelers

--
    my friends used to tell horror stories, claim they know for a fact they are illegal, tell me that I`m an idiot and bad father (my kids ride them too), ask me why I would want to be paralyzed, etc.

NOWADAYS, some of the same friends are finding/ buying or looking to buy one as well.....Peer pressure and all that.

--
    Quote Originally Posted by Ghostv2 View Post
    A raptor 700 for a 12 year old?! I rode a trx450r and that was way more machine than I'll ever need and I'm 20 years old. I could only imagine that thing.

Biggest machine I'll ever own will be a 250r or a 350x. Until then I'll stick with my 200s and 225dx. Maybe get another 200x.
    No, no - the 700 Raptor is the 8 year old's ride. The 12 year old rides the 650DS.

--
    To tell you the truth, I've never ridden a trike, but they look fun. There is always someone who is going to start talking about safety and such, it I just tell them I'm not in it for the safety.... I'm in it for the fun!

--
    I tell people you have to slide to ride fast.

That usually shuts them up.

--
    I have a friend of mine that has 2 trikes with training wheels and told me how much better they are than my trikes and one day he asked if he could ride with me, now he is looking to buy one.

dman10 is offline At The Back Of The Pack Arm chair racerAt the back of the pack
    --
    Quote Originally Posted by Ghostv2 View Post
    Usually in my experience it's the older people who say the famous likes, "arnt those things illegal?". My generation seems to just think they are too dangerous and don't wanna ride one. They find them to be really cool, just not what they want.

Most younger kids just brag about their 450's and don't even bat an eye at a trike.
    You ain't kindin'. And at 16, I'm probably that "younger kids" group.
    Quote Originally Posted by tri again View Post
    Cool stuff seems to happen when I'm sleeping.
    Nice to know things happen without me.

--
    my wife calls mine the "Death Machine" cause she saw me doing wheelies... she thinks they just happen automatically.... well, At least I told her they didn't... lol it is hard to keep that front tire on the ground! lol

--
    lol... nice!

--
    I've had a very positive experience. Get stares anywhere you stop, everyone thinks there cool but no one ever wants to ride them.
    85 Tri-z Power valve on Inverts
    85 Tri-z Basket Case
    01 gsxr750 engine/Tri-z frame (long long way from complete)

--
    I start last summer to rebuild the atc200es 1984 I did run when I was 10 years old. The reaction of my friend is always. Cool I need to try it! My girl friend say she don't want to drive it because she fear a bit but she always stay stock in the wood with a quad I don't why. I never heard horror story with trike just with quad and bike. But when you run fast and the bridge disappears having 2,3,4 or 10 wheels change nothing. I hope to find a atc70 or something like that for my boys learn to drive. Understand how it's work and practice is the best way to avoid accident with any engine.

--
    My first and only trike when I was a teenager was a ragged out 200x with an "S" pull start motor and wow, I got looks everywhere I rode it....the on-lookers faces were worth a thousand words. One day a SWEET 350x showed up at the pit and I drooled from a distance while all those people who gave me strange looks flocked over to admire the 350x...I got VERY different looks when my ragged 200-mutt ran fender to fender through the pit until we both jumped on the brakes....I miss that thing....it was FAST, but my stupidity destroyed it....amazing how we can be attracted so strongly to these machines like moths to a light...lol. I wouldn't have it any other way.

When somebody makes a comment to me about their "legality" or safety, I just tell'em it's okay, I grew up on trikes(atc 185's and 200es's that my friends had). I love it!

-Don
    In the works- Honda/Suzuki mutt with XR600R motivation

Last trike- ATC200x w/"S" motor swap, fueled by nitromethane/methanol and stupidity. I wouldn't recommend it.

--
    I don't know, I get a whole different reaction when we bring them out somewhere. everyone thanks they are cool and generally brings a crowd.

--
    Quote Originally Posted by dman10 View Post
    You ain't kindin'. And at 16, I'm probably that "younger kids" group.
    Me as well. I'm only 19.

_____

I've heard exactly one horror story from a guy I knew that said he was being a moron and jumped on, landed and "folded it in half" and then he swore never to ride one again and calls people who do idiots.

--
    Quote Originally Posted by bkvette3 View Post
    I am fairly new to 3 wheelers - always wanted one - finally bought a clean '84 200es last Sept. No regrets here. It runs and performs nicely. My 12 year old son drives it (while under my supervision, of course - helmet on, not fast, no hills, 3rd gear tops - minimal throttle applied).
    its great your teaching him.
    Last edited by thcowboy; 09-25-2016 at 10:53 PM. Reason: spelling
    1982 big red
    1974 atc 90
    Life is hard, but its harder if you're stupid - John Wayne

--
    I love the reactions that are "Oh man... I thought those were illegal.." quickly followed by "OMG, that looks like a blast to ride, can I try?"
    Gunter glieben glauchen globen

The Good:
    1985 1/2 Tri-Z - Daily Rider - Pretty much stock ( wink )
    1985 1/2 Tri-Z - Custom Black & Gold, Top mount plastic tank, custom 3D printed airbox, Banshee shock
    1985 Tri-Z - Rider restore in process

The Bad:
    1988 TRX250R with 86 ATC 250R Motor and Swinger - Screamer!

The Ugly:
    1993-ish Banshee / 2003 Motor by VSR in Belding, MI - Duner Fun!!
    2000-ish Banshee / Motor by RDZ Racing in Fowlerville, MI - Another Duner!

//ArrowChat Integreation Code //