//ArrowChat Code
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: ZMPerformance____Trikefest Donation Suggestions EVERYONE welcome!!

--
    This is all wishful thinking unless ZM or someone on here wants to pony up thousands of dollars for molds. If it was as easy as sending in a set of fenders to replicate, and then blamo, fenders magically appear, we wouldn't be having this discussion. Hell all I want is a fender that Maier used to sell the hell out of, but for some reason thought it would be wise to trash the mold. If they wanted crazy money to repop number plates, what do you think a rear fender mold is going to cost? Then factor in who is going to buy Yamaha 225 fenders. You might sell a set a year if you're lucky.

Not trying to be Debbie Downer here, but rather bring some people back down to reality, and the reality is if there was money to be made the fenders would be in their catalog, although I still believe there is a demand for 250r low pro's. Just check out what a ratty set goes for on ebay.

--
    The YTM mold is being considered.

Aim high folks, you certainly won't get it if you don't speak up.

As I said before, molds are expensive.

--
    Maier had a YTM 200 mold at one time (rear). I parted a bike with them on. Not saying they still have it but it did exist.
    insanity - Doing the same thing over and over and expecting a different result

My Feedback Thread.....http://www.3wheelerworld.com/showthr...ck-for-MRSOUND

86 honda big red
    85 250sx
    82 250r
    86 klt 185 black (project)
    86 klt 185 red
    85 klt 160 (Floyd)
    85 klt 110 X2 (projects)
    86 klt 110 X2
    84 klt 200
    84 atc 70
    DUCKSTER!

--
    I've already polished 2 sets of YTM plastic this year, I would have bought new for both if available. That's 2 sets from one guy this year. Just me.

Speak up 225 guys. bkm is right, if it won't sell they won't make it.

We won't get everything we want, but its all about showing the dealers that there IS a market. If we say there's no market, then there's no chance of getting what we need.

Its just a wish list, but some of these things are going to make it to the market if we keep asking.

oile is offline Just Too Addicted Arm chair racerJust too addicted
    --
    i know of 8 sets of low pro honda 85/86 250r fenders would be sold if they would do those fenders also i know of 11 sets of short track shrouds coud be sold.

--
    Quote Originally Posted by oile View Post
    i know of 8 sets of low pro honda 85/86 250r fenders would be sold if they would do those fenders also i know of 11 sets of short track shrouds coud be sold.
    I would buy a new set in a heartbeat and have been on record as saying so numerous times. This is one fender I think they screwed the pooch on. With the racing scene coming back into the picture, I think it would be a good seller.

--
    I like to know what a set of rear fender molds costs. I would guess, $20,000 for dies, $50 to pop a fender and a wholesale price of $100

If these were the numbers the would be investor would break even at 400 fenders. However there is a cost to money as well. If it took 5 years to sell the first 400 fenders the investor lost an opportunity to make say 5% on his $20,000, so add another $2,500 to the expense column, or another 50 fenders that would need to be sold in the first 5 years.

I’m not done. Those molds don’t last forever. I would assume that they should hold up for at least 500 fenders, maybe even thousands, but they can crack and suffer handling damage as well.

So, everyone who wants a YTM rear fender raise your hand, if we get 50 guys on board they will only be $450 each!

--
    Good things to come guys as long as the suggestions keep coming.

--
    Quote Originally Posted by El Camexican View Post
    I like to know what a set of rear fender molds costs. I would guess, $20,000 for dies, $50 to pop a fender and a wholesale price of $100

If these were the numbers the would be investor would break even at 400 fenders. However there is a cost to money as well. If it took 5 years to sell the first 400 fenders the investor lost an opportunity to make say 5% on his $20,000, so add another $2,500 to the expense column, or another 50 fenders that would need to be sold in the first 5 years.

I’m not done. Those molds don’t last forever. I would assume that they should hold up for at least 500 fenders, maybe even thousands, but they can crack and suffer handling damage as well.

So, everyone who wants a YTM rear fender raise your hand, if we get 50 guys on board they will only be $450 each!
    I might be completely speaking over my head, but being that these are vacuumed formed fenders, would the dies cost that much?? Honest question.

--
    One thing is for sure.

If we all convince each other that its not worth even trying, then things will surely not get made.....

Great discussion guys, sounds like the 250r low pros are badly needed!

--
    Quote Originally Posted by DohcBikes View Post
    One thing is for sure.

If we all convince each other that its not worth even trying, then things will surely not get made.....

Great discussion guys, sounds like the 250r low pros are badly needed!
    I might be in the minority, but I think they would sell. The last Nice set of low pro's on ebay had a nice seat with them, went for close to $600. The seat was probably worth $250.

--
    Quote Originally Posted by bkm View Post
    I might be completely speaking over my head, but being that these are vacuumed formed fenders, would the dies cost that much?? Honest question.
    Not sure, I’m no plastics expect, but I’ve been quoted over $20K for high volume injection molds for small parts 8” long, 2” deep and this week I’m getting quotes on some plastic packaging that I think are stamped. Those are about 15” X 12” and 1.5” deep and we’re looking at over $2,500 for aluminum dies. This is where I’m getting my speculative numbers from. Maiers would be the ones to ask.

Surprise AZ. In the garage working on trikes.
    --
    200x low profile race fender would be nice.

--
    I'd probably be up for a set of 225 fenders!!!
    73 atc 70
    84 ytm 200ern
    79 atc 70
    ytm 225 dr
    atc 90
    80 atc 110
    klt 250A
    84 atc 200es
    85 atc 250es

gone but not forgotten restored 82 atc 70

--
    2Nd gen Tecate low profile fenders would be nice. Not too sure of the interest but i have an original to be copied. We're going to make them out of fiberglass once some projects get finished but im sure plastic ones would be more desirable
    Looking for a Bassani silencer for a 2nd gen tecate, the style with the movable mount. 1st gen will work

//ArrowChat Integreation Code //