//ArrowChat Code
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: 3 wheelers not permitted???

--

3 wheelers not permitted???

Just wondering if anybody's had trouble registering,or trying to ride their three wheeler anywhere?I've heard rumors of some places not allowing them,just wondering if anyone here has ever ran into problems like this?

--
    The only place I know that doesn't allow three wheelers by me is Tall Pines. No trouble at all registering them in NY as far as I know of.
    "See, morbid and creepifying, I got no problem with, long as she does it quiet-like. "

Trikes:
    1982 Honda ATC250R(in process), 1984 Honda ATC110, 1984 Honda 200s, 1985 Kawasaki KLT160(not running...yet)
    Quads:
    1990 Suzuki LT250S, 2013 Suzuki LT-Z400, 2014 Honda TRX450R SE

--
    Places aren't as uptight as they used to be about them. In fact I find more and more places welcoming them because they simply see it as more business.

--
    Good to hear!

--
    It's not entirely the parks fault, insurance companies see them as a liability. Don't ask me why dirtbikes are allowed and trikes are not but that's just the way it is. Purchase your own insurance or join a local atv club with insurance and you'll have no problem getting into the parks.

--
    Quote Originally Posted by Ghostv2 View Post
    It's not entirely the parks fault, insurance companies see them as a liability. Don't ask me why dirtbikes are allowed and trikes are not but that's just the way it is. Purchase your own insurance or join a local atv club with insurance and you'll have no problem getting into the parks.
    I called a few places here in GA,they thought I was crazy for even asking.There's not even registration down here!Life in general is FAR less restrictive than up North,moved down here from CT last year.

stubbie1111 is offline At The Back Of The Pack Arm chair racerFirst time rider
    --
    Quote Originally Posted by CTPATRIOT View Post
    I called a few places here in GA,they thought I was crazy for even asking.There's not even registration down here!Life in general is FAR less restrictive than up North,moved down here from CT last year.
    Hey CTPATRIOT,
    I too live in GA..... Southeast and yes it sucks down here too, to find places to ride. I always go find some old country dirt roads and ask for forgiveness if someone says something. Down here in North Fla. there is Ocala National Forest and I was told they allow them there but you have to buy the decals..... haven't tired yet. Let me know what you find out and I will follow this post hoping to find new places to ride.
    stubbie1111

--
    No problem registering here in NY. I have 3 trikes registered currently, soon to be 4. My insurance is through Progressive.

I am legal to ride anywhere ATV's are permitted.
    Trikes:
    '85 ATC 350R
    '85 ATC 250R
    '86 ATC 350X
    '85 ATC 350X
    '84 ATC 200ES Big Red
    '84 ATC 125M
    '85 ATC 110
    '85 ATC 70/110

If you have bought from me or sold to me, please leave me feedback here>>> http://www.3wheelerworld.com/showthr...+RIDE-RED+250r

--
    Quote Originally Posted by RIDE-RED 250r View Post
    No problem registering here in NY. I have 3 trikes registered currently, soon to be 4. My insurance is through Progressive.

I am legal to ride anywhere ATV's are permitted.
    Good to hear. Three wheelers are pretty popular in NY from what I understand.

--
    Quote Originally Posted by slashfan7964 View Post
    Good to hear. Three wheelers are pretty popular in NY from what I understand.
    Yes they are...

You should get your trike/trikes registered and insured and come to Tug Hill sometime. Awesome place to ride!
    Trikes:
    '85 ATC 350R
    '85 ATC 250R
    '86 ATC 350X
    '85 ATC 350X
    '84 ATC 200ES Big Red
    '84 ATC 125M
    '85 ATC 110
    '85 ATC 70/110

If you have bought from me or sold to me, please leave me feedback here>>> http://www.3wheelerworld.com/showthr...+RIDE-RED+250r

--
    Yes they are...

You should get your trike/trikes registered and insured and come to Tug Hill sometime. Awesome place to ride!
    I would if my dad would let me register his 200X haha. But that's ok, I've got something up my sleeve that involves a different machine

I'd love to meet up with some of you guys at Tug Hill, but that's about a 3 1/2 hour drive one way. There isn't many places to ride here. Fortunately it's a straight shot there, just jump on the thruway most of the way there and I have an exit 6 miles from me.

--
    I know some ppl who ride sleds at Tug hill, they say its pretty awesome! I guess they have a camp or cabin there or close by? but they love it!

--
    Carolina adventure world in s.c. does NOT allow trikes, check out chattahoochee national forest in GA That place rocks.
    Riding here in oregon dunes is unlimited

--
    Quote Originally Posted by slashfan7964 View Post
    I would if my dad would let me register his 200X haha. But that's ok, I've got something up my sleeve that involves a different machine

I'd love to meet up with some of you guys at Tug Hill, but that's about a 3 1/2 hour drive one way. There isn't many places to ride here. Fortunately it's a straight shot there, just jump on the thruway most of the way there and I have an exit 6 miles from me.
    MIK6 has some good riding at his place in Oswego too. That's a little bit closer for you I think. Wherabouts is Indian Falls?? Last summer a bunch of us got together and had a good time. I believe there is a thread about it in the "Rides/races/events" forum... Check it out.

And Glamy, I only go with the "Flo" because its seems Progressive is the only major carrier who is willing to insure trikes so far as I have found. Her body???? Could care less as long as she writes the check if I kill someone! LOL!
    Trikes:
    '85 ATC 350R
    '85 ATC 250R
    '86 ATC 350X
    '85 ATC 350X
    '84 ATC 200ES Big Red
    '84 ATC 125M
    '85 ATC 110
    '85 ATC 70/110

--
    MIK6 has some good riding at his place in Oswego too. That's a little bit closer for you I think. Wherabouts is Indian Falls?? Last summer a bunch of us got together and had a good time. I believe there is a thread about it in the "Rides/races/events" forum... Check it out.
    It's a small village about 7 miles north of Darien Lake amusement park and about 12 miles east of Batavia.

//ArrowChat Integreation Code //