//ArrowChat Code

Thread: 1986 ,1987 Honda ATC 200X Gas tank shroud/Air scoop order thread,Any color

--

1986 ,1987 Honda ATC 200X Gas tank shroud/Air scoop order thread,Any color

Ok. I have officially purchased the molds for these from the awesome board member who forged ahead and had these made back in 2007-8.. I am having them shipped ASAP to Maier to start production. Gonna get this right out of the way up front. Price has went UP. There are numerous reasons why.. I spent a good chunk of the afternoon on the phone with Mark Maier. We covered a LOT of ground. Prices went up 6% this year,,which is sort of protocol for them most every year. And it sounds completely inevitable there will be more price increases. At any rate. I have the initial purchase price of the moldings. Being at the mercy of Maiers pricing and shipping.. Boxes,time,shipping out etc...So, the great news is. I have said this before,and I will say it again. IMHO,,these scoops are one of the absolute nicest products to come out of that factory. Ever. They have been used by many top restorers right down to the trail rider/racer. All with happy customers. Pricing will be $100 a set shipped. $120 + on Ebay. Any color. My initial order will be Red and Whites. And anything desired here. If anyone here wants something else. Please post up,ANY color Maier has in their carousel IS available! carbon fibers,blue,look pretty cool. Again, this is a ORDER form,not a feeler. This is a done deal. I will be donating a set for Trikefest in whatever color is wanted. So,if you want a set,please put your color,and # of them you want,and understand this is a ORDER lol. NOT a feeler. I expect to have these in my hands to ship in 5-7 weeks. I'm sure I've missed many things I should have addressed as I have never done this type of deal before..I will also gladly take NOS, and used cool parts type trades. Don't be afraid to Email me offers of trades! Please pay via paypal as a gift,as that is what it is to friends. My email is my Ppal. This is the only pic I have handy atm. I will try and get better ones. Also,there is NOT a nipple on the backside like the OE. It is of no importance. But it is simply not possible the way Maier manufactures plastic. Thanx! Bill

Please help those who cannot help themselves.

ALWAYS buying Museum quality machines,3 and 4 wheels. And any and ALL ,NOS parts,EVERY brand.

I am turning my PM's Off,my Email is billsracing@hotmail.com,put 3WW in the subject. Thanx!

Gun laws do not stop criminals. BULLETS do.

--
    Did you tell them to get on board with the movement make me some new low pro's. lol

I wish I had a second gen to buy a set of these. They look really nice.

--
    Awesome that you got the molds for these. I bet that wasn't a cheap investment but glad someone stepped up. Good luck with the sales, I love the second gen X's.

--
    It was a very REAL discussion. Which as most of you,and you Bryan do know. Means a TON of money for a mold that would frankly probably never pay for itself.........And make NO mistake boys... The price of them making plastic is going nowhere but up.. Quickly...

ALWAYS buying Museum quality machines,3 and 4 wheels. And any and ALL ,NOS parts,EVERY brand.

I am turning my PM's Off,my Email is billsracing@hotmail.com,put 3WW in the subject. Thanx!

--
    I should have added. I have a minimum of 5 sets I think he said, per color. I have no problem stocking/eating some to get you guys the color you want. But a few of each color would sure help!

--
    I tried to get in with him on that back then, I really thought these would have sold better. And then the economy TANKED!!!!!

So when " " and I talked he went it alone. I bought every damn color he had! He included SS button head allen screws and a washer. The fit and finish out of these molds was nothing short of A+

The economy tanked and allot of guys wanted these back then, and he made them and spent 5 years trying to sell them........

And you guys that post "yeah, I definitely am down for a set!!" need to follow through; No excuses!
    All our government does is distract us while they steal from us, misspend our tax $ and ruin our country

--
    I bought a few sets of these a couple years ago, the molds are perfect in everyway. I love them, they hold up better than factory ones also. If you have a 86-87 200x with cracked or discolored scoops you need these. Hope you sell every set you make, and thanks for taking this on.
    Rebuilding and riding trikes everyday and lovin every minute.

http://www.3wheelerworld.com/showthr...light=pipeline

--
    They are amazing/perfect for sure! That;s why I dove in Brad and Maier hit a grand slam with these!!
    Last edited by atc007; 07-14-2014 at 11:41 AM.

--
    These are in stock ready to ship boys. Never did do a Ebay listing. Sold 2 sets today,so I dug this up. Currently have Red, White and Green in stock.

Billy Golightly is offline Always finding new and exciting ways to not give a hoot in hell Catch me if you can
    --
    Blog Entries
    Well I guess I should have saw this thread before I emailed Brad this morning...lol

Bill, wanna put these in the parts shop for me? Still cheaper than ebay.

--
    No clue how that works,but sure .You have my email.

//ArrowChat Integreation Code //