//ArrowChat Code

Thread: 1984 200x Cam Sprocket bolts question.

--

1984 200x Cam Sprocket bolts question.

Anyone have any insight on removing my cam sprocket bolts? Suckers on there tight and I'm having trouble getting them off. Hit it with torch, Nothing!
    They won't budge. Must admit it's hard with only 2 hands.lol
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 100_0349.jpg  

--
    They are supposed to be tight. Is the cam still installed? Chain still on it? Got to hold the flywheel with the chain on to get the most leverage on the bolts...

--
    Ya! Everything still on. I'm Just having trouble with leverage. Guess I'm going to need someone else to hold other ratchet. It's never easy.lol

--
    I've seen some shady methods of keeping that thing from rotating that's for sure. If you need an extra guy always use one. The damage otherwise isn't worth it. The other option is a flywheel holder tool but you have to take the cover off.

Remember to have the valves closed before removing the cam gear. Taking the head apart with pressure on the cam is a no-no.

Do you have a service manual open to the camshaft removal page..............

fabiodriven is offline Aspiring romance novel cover model, and the Official 3WW slayer of thieves and swindlers. Catch me if you can
    --
    You can find TDC on the compression stroke and fill the jug with a (clean) rope through the spark plug hole.

--
    If you don't have an air impact, or at least an electric one, I would highly suggest you get one. I use them all the time on my bike and it makes everything faster and easier to remove tight/frozen bolts
    1983 212x "Mickey Dunlap" Powroll TT Trike -Blue frame, Supertrapp (looking for a Powroll DD), WEB Stage II cam, Powroll 6mm stroker, Wiseco 10.25:1 piston stock bore, ported, polished, +2 Swinger,White low-pros and 250R front fender, BAPP rear shock, Powroll Decals, NOS Carlisle R/A's

Gone:
    '83 185s, '86 200x, '70's Full Suspension Hi-Performance ATC RD400,

--
    You could always put the transmission in gear

--
    Hopefully we are not wrong in assuming that the thought crossed his mind, but good point. It doesn't always hold though.

--
    autozone has an impact drive for $10.believe is 3/8 drive,also comes with phillips and flat head bits.couple taps with that thing and its gotta give.

http://www.autozone.com/autozone/acc...er=529289_0_0_
    Signature pic removed,becuase of no helmet.

--
    I don't think I would use an impact driver on the end of a cam while its in the head. Maybe that's just me......

Would much sooner drill them out than on the cam, they are easy to drill out.

--
    Thanks for the input everyone. This was the part I thought would be easy.lol I'll get it done, but its holding up the rest of the project! I'll let everyone know how it goes!

--
    Use a good 6 point socket and steady pressure.Less likely to stripe the head of the bolt.
    250r rules

//ArrowChat Integreation Code //