//ArrowChat Code

Thread: another stupid tire question

stillhunter is offline At The Back Of The Pack Arm chair racerFirst time rider
    --

another stupid tire question

Ok here it goes. I have an 85 sx with a leaking rear tire. I also have a 84 200s that the front tire turned to shrapnel on this past weekend, glad it was tubed. I do have a new 22x11-10 tire here but dont know what rim to get to put it on the sx front. Ive read a 10x5 with 2+3 offset will work with a 7" tire but this ones 11". Would a 10x8 with 3+5 offset work. The idea is to replace the front sx tire moving the existing one to the rear , which would free up a 22x11-8 tire to put on the 200s. . Are we confused yet

85 250sx..The Big sexy
    84 200s....Crazygirl

--
    Huh...? The largest issue with changing wheels on the front is getting it to center between the forks... Even if the wheel has the "same" offset as original, I have had to make spacers to get aftermarket wheels centered... So, not really sure what your question is, or what my answer is, to said question, but guessing it all depends on your fabbing skills.

Are we confused?
    No trikes. Too old, too crippled. Unless I find one I can't live without!
    "You cant fix stupid" ~ Ron White
    My feeback link: http://www.3wheelerworld.com/showthr...ack-for-Thorpe

stillhunter is offline At The Back Of The Pack Arm chair racerFirst time rider
    --
    Thanks sorry for confusing a simple question. After checking some more it seems that the stock offset is 3.5+5 or 3+5 depending on what you read. So I guess a large bell 10x8 3+5 will fit, maybe need a spacer.I was hoping to get lucky and find someone that had done the same, seems like everything that can be done has been done by the great people on this site.Just trying to keep it cheap, mx season is costing alot this year two new bikes for kids and just started getting my ktm ready to ride.But ive gotta have my trikes

85 250sx..The Big sexy
    84 200s....Crazygirl

--
    Although it was "confusing", in my opinion we were sufficiently warned in the title of the thread.......

//ArrowChat Integreation Code //