//ArrowChat Code

Thread: Next project 110

justin4 is offline At The Back Of The Pack Arm chair racerFirst time rider
    --

Angry Next project 110

This one has been sitting a year and a half , I have done everything I can think of. I have gas going back into the air box , I cleaned the carb several times I got that. I checked the valves they are in spec compression will be checked in the morning someone liked it better than me. Can the timing be off to cause the gas to go back in the air box ? Any help thank you.

--
    Chances are that for one reason or another, the float needle is not seating properly. Wore out, stuck, debris, wrong one, etc.

Does it start? If it starts, and you have not ridden it, go ride it a little aggressively for a bit. This will often stop the leak.

Then shut the fuel off, drain it from the bowl, close the drain, tap the bowl with the end of a screwdriver while you reopen the fuel valve.
    Last edited by DohcBikes; 04-25-2014 at 12:05 PM. Reason: wonderboy made me think;)

--
    Quote Originally Posted by justin4 View Post
    I have gas going back into the air box
    Be more specific. Do you have a dribble of gas rolling out of the carb throat while sitting there or is it pushing air and fuel back out of the carb throat while you pull it over? Typically, a stuck float of other carb fuel level problem will send fuel out the overflow tube. Air/Fuel coming back out of the carb while cranking is a problem in your valvetrain. Stuck valve, carbon deposits in the seat, or mis-timed cam / crank relationship are all possible causes.

Is it possible the top end was apart in the past, either by you or the previous owner? If yes, then it is possible the cam timing isn't correct.
    - Frank

1984 200ES Big Red
    1985 350X (x2)
    1986 350X
    1986 250SX
    1984 Auto-X
    1984 ATC70
    1985 ATC70

--
    The gas is going in the air box while trying to start it. No it won't run. I have great spark. I do not know if the other owner had the top end off. I will recheck the valves again. It was getting late last night and maybe I was rushing a bit. Thanks for the help.

--
    Way to much fuel. All the needles in and all the jets in the carb? Ive seen it both ways where you forget the jet and it just pumps the thing full of fuel. Learning experience. haha Needle and seat could also be sticking in the carb.

--
    The plug is dry I should have added.

--
    Do you have the fuel lines connected properly? I haven't worked on a 110 yet but the one I have here has two ports on the carb maybe they could be reversed on yours?

--
    The fuel lines are just on and reserve . I tried that to. I may have a stuck intake valve. It looks like its movining but until I rip into it more I won't know. I am having a hard time finding the tiimeing mark. Do I have to remove the magneto to see them. I have the manual on my iPad but it s not very clear about the marks.

--
    Quote Originally Posted by justin4 View Post
    The fuel lines are just on and reserve
    Good to know thanks! I've barely looked at the thing so I really didn't know. Getting the manual tomorrow. I'm going to try to make mine run on Monday so I'll know more then. You'll probably have yours figured out, so maybe your thread will help me

--
    I have 27 psi . Valves or rings. Just got done with the valves so I be leave I was sold a bike that is not a runner as I was told. Will keep posting till I get it. Thanks for the help.

--
    The 125 fired up no prob. I love electric start.

C.J is offline Just Too Addicted Arm chair racerJust too addicted
    --
    Could be the valve lash is too tight on the intake valve. That'll cause a LOT of headache and a low compression reading.
    too many bikes to count. too little time on hand.

--
    Thanks CJ I am going to get back into it tomorrow .

//ArrowChat Integreation Code //