//ArrowChat Code
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4

Thread: 85 tecate questions and build

emmie357 is offline At The Back Of The Pack Arm chair racerFirst time rider
    --
    Hmmm...

I thought of making one, but couldn't think of how to space it away from the arm. What is that you used, a hunk of acrylic?

I was thinking of riveting a bent piece of sheet metal , but it would have to be pretty thick to not collapse on impact. A thick piece of rubber may work.
    I'm interested in the chain side guard if you have one... I already have a brake side guard mounted up.

Unfortunately I've got nothing but rocky trails around here. Every now and then you find a stretch you can open it up on, but you got to cross rocks, stumps, and roots to get to them. Don't even get me started on the mud...
    On the plus side, there's a nice abandoned shale pit to rip around in.
    84 YTM200E "yamahauler"
    85 YTM200
    85 KXT250 Tecate

--
    hey emmie, looks good with the decal. Cool you are rather close to me! I have an aunt there, my wife has family there as well. been to the fairgrounds obviously. ya, fabbing your own is going to be the ticket, I am sure if they made one tecateDan would have one mounted. I must say though we ride the roughest crap around and I think his sprocket and disk have faired pretty well! He was just talking about bending one up, so they must not make one.
    Id be down for a jaunt some time if you have some legit trails to put around on!

--
    Well darn it,,, what I have is 2 brake side skid plates .
    I spent some time looking at the loose swingarm I have (also have a complete roller ~ just no chain guard),,,, going to play around with a few ideas tonight after work about fabbing something up that should not take too long. Just the basic brackets for now.
    Last year Dan picked up a couple of rear brake rotors from me ,,, saying the terrain out there just beats them to heck + back.

Oh yeah,,, the spacer material I used is derlin (same I used for the chain rub on my skid plate ~ very noisey w/o a chain rub)

--
    funny swine, I did see a spare rear disk in his truck while searching for my keys!! Love that tec with the polished tank! lucious!!

--
    Stopped at a few places today... looks like my options in sheet metal are steel, thin aluminum sheet, or aluminum diamond plate.
    Boy that diamond pate is pricy too, and I don't think a diamond plate skid plate will look quite rite...

It looks like it will be a lot easier to just build a chain guard. I may go check another place or two for aluminum tomorrow.
    Did some internet searching for tecate skid plates and nada...
    84 YTM200E "yamahauler"
    85 YTM200
    85 KXT250 Tecate

--

My progress

I am lucky we have a scrap dealer who lets folks roam around and buy what ever it is a fella may be in need of. I get all my alu needs from them at a more then reasonable price.
    After work I tinkered around with material I had on hand, something to practice with and get it to where it will be a bolt on then I will use alu flat stock + do final cutting/shaping
    Steel brackets will most likely be the same after I change the front one (needs to be a wee bit taller for proper chain clearance),,,, just will need to smooth edges on those.
    Was not able to spend as much garage time as I would have liked too tonight but will plug away little by little.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails skid plate 4.jpg   skid plate 3.jpg   skid plate 2.jpg   skid plate 1.jpg  

--
    That's pretty much what I thought it should look like in my head.
    I was thinking that up front it may be easy to use standoffs (or cut pipe/rod) and long bolts into the threaded holes in the underside of the swingarm.
    They should be pretty beefy and hold up well to impact.
    84 YTM200E "yamahauler"
    85 YTM200
    85 KXT250 Tecate

--
    does the 85 tecate have the what they call the power valve in the motor or is that just the 86? guy has 85 for sale but he doesnt know anything about the trike and i dont either but i was wanting to know this before i buy it if i do,, thanks in advance

--
    Just 86 and up have the power valve

Sent from my LG-US780 using Tapatalk

//ArrowChat Integreation Code //