//ArrowChat Code

Thread: *Updated 5/31/14* TRX200SX Front Brake Question

atcman77 is offline At The Back Of The Pack Arm chair racerFirst time rider
    --

*Updated 5/31/14* TRX200SX Front Brake Question

I have a 86 TRX200SX that my kids ride and the front brake wheel cylinders leak rather excessively on it. These are not available from Honda any longer as complete units and I have rebuilt the originals as the cups are still made. My cylinders have small pits internally and still leak even with new cups. After about a month the shoes and drum are soaked. Has anyone out there tried to interchange these with some from a later model quad? I know the new Recon's use drum brakes up front but wanted to ask if anyone else has run into this issue or even know if something like that would interchange... Thanks in advance!
    Last edited by atcman77; 05-31-2014 at 03:23 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by An Anonymous Member
    Do you really have to type (PM sent)...............

atcman77 is offline At The Back Of The Pack Arm chair racerFirst time rider
    --
    Just wanted to give an update as I guess no one has ever encountered this issue, or at least if they did they never replied.

I ended up ordering new front wheel cylinders for a 2013 Honda Recon and giving them a try as they looked very similar from photo representations I seen online. The left side (Honda P/N: 45370-HM8-B41) fits perfectly and is a simple bolt on replacement. The right side (Honda P/N: 45350-HM8-B41) has an alignment dow made into the wheel cylinder casting that must be removed before it can be installed on the 200SX. This was accomplished in about 8-10 minutes with a Dremel tool but a simple flat file will work. The cylinders are made of fairly cheap cast aluminum so the material can be removed rather easily. After that it is a simple bolt on fit as well.

In my search for replacement parts I also noticed the front brake shoes and the front brake adjuster assemblies (Honda P/N: 45340-HB3-003) were exactly the same and are direct bolt on parts.

Hope this helps anyone in the future that runs into this issue just as I.
    Quote Originally Posted by An Anonymous Member
    Do you really have to type (PM sent)...............

--
    Thanks for sharing. Its these kind of parts cross references that are going to keep people interested in saving the older bikes.

//ArrowChat Integreation Code //