//ArrowChat Code
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: TF 2014 MX - RESULTS now posted

--

TF 2014 MX - RESULTS now posted

Trikefest Moto Cross will be held on Friday, June 20, 2014 at Haspin Acres in Laurel, IN.
    Riders meeting at NOON, with racing to follow shortly. The track will be open to practice all morning and hopefully Thursday, as well.

There are 11 classes to choose from this year.

This lineup is not a race order - merely a listing of all classes available for entry. We will make every attempt to ensure that you do not have to run back to back if you enter more than one class.

There is no entry fee. SIGN-UPS WILL CLOSE AT MIDNIGHT ON THURSDAY, JUNE 19 at the shoe tree. Make sure you find me or ATC-Tim to sign up prior to that. Advanced on-line sign up may be done in this thread.

Each class will run twice. The first race is for line position, the second is for the trophy. The 2-stroke classes listed are based more on rider ability than the machines. The intention is to place you on the track with other riders of similar skill level, for competitive and fun racing. We won't get too hung up on the machine. If you have a question as to what class you belong in, please don't be afraid to ask.

As always, we will need volunteers to flag on jumps and corners. Please help out by flagging a few races if you can. Nobody wants to be out there all day, so the more people, the better. Bonus: close up view of the action!

Number of laps will be discussed and determined at the riders meeting. Weather and the length of the track will be two of the determining factors.

Unlimited Open Expert - No limitations on displacement or mods. Run what you brung. Expert riders with extensive MX experience ONLY!

2-Stroke Expert (A class) - Expert only class for vintage trikes. Any modifications must be 1980's period correct. No inverts, no 450 conversions.

2-Stroke Advanced (B class) – Generally 250cc two-stroke riders with MX racing experience.

2-stroke Novice (C class) – Mostly 250cc two-stroke riders with little or no MX racing experience.

(^^^ if you won C class last year, move up to B. If you won B class, move up to A)

4 Stroke Open – 350X class. Highly competitive and a blast to watch.

Mid Size Suspended – Under 250cc 4 stroke, or 175cc 2 stroke with front and rear suspension such as 200X, 250SX, YTM225, etc

Hard Tails (semi-suspended) – Front suspension only, such as 200S, 200M, YTM200, YT175, etc. *** More details to follow on this later in the thread ***

Unsuspended – Up to such as ATC70, 90, 110, YT60, YT125, ALT125, etc. Pitbike motors are permitted, suspension is NOT. Any common Lifan, Chinese, or other clutch pitbike motor (125, 140, 150cc is allowed).

Ladies Trike - Ladies of all ages on any size 3-wheeler.

Kids Trike – Kids up to 13 years old and 125cc.

Geriatric class – Age 40 and over on any size three-wheeler. Apologies to the 35-39 year olds - we have decided to bump the minimum age to 40.

Post any questions you have about classes in this thread.

Last edited by keister; 06-30-2014 at 12:27 PM.

--
    I will need some help this year, as it is a bit harder to manage the MX races now that we are on the big track.

Please shoot me a PM if you are interested in volunteering to help. I will keep this list updated, but here are the spots I am looking for help with:

Line up the riders in the gates - Derrick Adams
    Starter (drop the green flag) ______________
    Scorer - Nick Walters
    Finish line (wave the checkered flag) _____________

And 5+ flaggers to rotate out at turns and jumps throughout the day.

Mr. Sound - I will gladly take you up on the use of your PA system this year if the offer still stands.
    I made the mistake of thinking we could get by without it last year. Better communication is needed.

Hopefully someone has my walkie talkies. They were used in the drags last year and I never retrieved them.
    There should be 2-3 cheapo Cobras floating around somewhere, but.
    If anyone has a better set they would like to lend for use, that would be appreciated.

I will be talking with Haspin next week re: track prep for our event. Will post details when I know more.

Thanks all, see you in a few short weeks!!

--
    Mid Size Suspended – Under 250cc 4 stroke, or 175cc 2 stroke with front and rear suspension such as 200X, 250SX, YTM225, etc

two entries here....

NAME: Doug Henricks
    BOARD NAME: ironchop
    MAKE/MODEL: 85 ATC200X
    CLASS: Mid Size Suspended
    RACE #: 81

NAME: Tristan Brashear
    BOARD NAME: doesn`t have one
    MAKE/MODEL: 83 ATC200X
    CLASS: Mid Sized Suspended
    RACE #: 82

I`ll pull some volunteer duty as well during the other heats. You just have to explain to me what to do. I know NOTHING about helping run a race.
    Last edited by ironchop; 06-09-2014 at 12:33 PM. Reason: correct the format

--
    Quote Originally Posted by ironchop View Post

two entries here....

Doug Henricks (ironchop) #81 (if its available) 200X
    Tristan Brashear (my stepson) no number yet 200X

I`ll pull some volunteer duty as well during the other heats. You just have to explain to me what to do. I know NOTHING about helping run a race.
    Excellent! It is really as simple as: If somebody crashes, wave the yellow flag to warn traffic until that person gets his trike safely off the track or back into the race.

shovelryder is offline At The Back Of The Pack Arm chair racerAt the back of the pack
    --
    If all goes as planned, and we get there.....My two boys and I will gladly volunteer for anything needed.

Rich
    Nick
    Chris

--
    You may sign up in advance in this thread, or sign-up with ATCTim or I on Wednesday or Thursday at TrikeFest.
    Sign-up closes Thursday (around midnight) at the shoe tree.

I forgot to give you a specific format. Please sign up like this:
    NAME:
    BOARD NAME:
    MAKE/MODEL:
    CLASS:
    RACE #:

Listing of classes: Unlimited Open Expert, 2-Stroke Vintage Expert (A class), 2-Stroke Advanced (B class), 2-Stroke Novice (C class), 4 Stroke Open, Mid Size Suspended, Hard Tails (semi-suspended), Unsuspended, Ladies Trike, Kids Trike, Geriatric class

--
    NAME: Doug Henricks
    BOARD NAME: ironchop
    MAKE/MODEL: Honda 200X
    CLASS: Mid size suspended
    RACE #: 81

NAME: Tristan Brashear
    BOARD NAME: None
    MAKE/MODEL: Honda 200X
    CLASS: Mid size suspended
    RACE #: ??? (please let me know before race day)

--
    Quote Originally Posted by shovelryder View Post
    If all goes as planned, and we get there.....My two boys and I will gladly volunteer for anything needed.

Rich
    Nick
    Chris
    Great, thanks! See you at Haspin.

--

Important reminder - safety gear

MANDATORY SAFETY GEAR: All riders must wear a helmet**, eye protection, long pants, shirt and boots (no sneakers).

STRONGLY RECOMMENDED: Full face helmet, Gloves, long sleeved shirt, chest protector, goggles, MX/ATV riding boots.

Other optional safety gear: Tether kill switch (for big bikes), kidney belt, neck brace, knee / elbow pads, riding pants

** This is a good place to give a reminder that helmets are required 100% of the time at Haspin with zero tolerance. This includes slow rides to the shower, riding to a neighboring camp, or a 30 second ride while tuning / jetting. If you would "forget" to put on your helmet, someone will quickly remind you.**

Please don't be intimidated or deterred from participating in this event. You will be put in a class with riders of similar skill level on comparable machines. We will give you a safe layout, but as always, accidents occur when people try to ride outside of their abilities. Provided everyone rides within their capabilities, we will have another safe and fun year of MX racing.

--
    NAME: Josh Ball
    BOARD NAME: Kintore
    MAKE/MODEL: Honda TT450R
    CLASS: Unlimited Open Expert
    RACE #: 19

NAME: Josh Ball
    BOARD NAME: Kintore
    MAKE/MODEL: ATC 185S
    CLASS: Semi suspended
    RACE #: 19

fabiodriven is offline Aspiring romance novel cover model, and the Official 3WW slayer of thieves and swindlers. Catch me if you can
    --
    John Fahey
    Fabiodriven
    1986 Honda ATC250SX
    Mid Size Suspended
    Last edited by fabiodriven; 06-01-2014 at 07:56 PM.
    85 Tri-Zinger 60
    85 ATC250SX
    86 ATC250SX
    87 ATC250SX
    02 XR650L conversion
    84 ATC 480R

--
    NAME: ted johnson
    BOARD NAME: u.p ted
    MAKE/MODEL: honda 125m
    CLASS: unsuspended
    RACE #:82

NAME: ted johnson
    BOARD NAME: u.p ted
    MAKE/MODEL: honda 200x
    CLASS: mid size suspension
    RACE #: 82

NAME:
    BOARD NAME:
    MAKE/MODEL:
    CLASS:
    RACE #:

--
    NAME: Zach Quintero
    BOARD NAME:
    MAKE/MODEL: honda 110 atc
    CLASS: kids trike
    RACE #: 8

--
    NAME: Louis Mielke
    BOARD NAME: Louis Mielke
    MAKE/MODEL: honda atcr500r the 'Orange Crush'
    CLASS: unlimited open expert
    RACE #: 84
    Last edited by Louis Mielke; 06-12-2014 at 04:57 PM.
    And that's the rest of the story. ~ Paul Harvey

"Yes its broken, but does that really surprise you?."
    "What happened? What does it look like happened?!?!"

--
    Eric Banks
    Eric250R
    Tionesta 450R
    B class
    Tionesta Trikes ATC 450R
    86 250R
    86 Tecate-3
    83 ATC 70