//ArrowChat Code
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Isle of Man TT

poolieZerUK is offline At The Back Of The Pack Arm chair racerFirst time rider
    --
    Neither could I go round like those guys LOL, like the proverbial gynecologist that I am not, I will have a fecking good look though.
    Have a butchers for Vallentino Rossy going round, he parked it up as it was too scary for him, pussy.
    This is what we get on TV
    https://www.itv.com/itvplayer/itv4 Its all on there to stream with lots of interviews and stuff some real characters see Guy Martin from 2011 he's off his head.
    Its the biggy today senior TT 1000cc 200+mph makes me cringe watching, I think a few tins of chilled Stella Artois required.
    Nice.

--
    Two dead this year but thats' the name of the game......only racers with big balls get to win at the TT.....
    Need Honda ATC TRX NOS restoration parts??? or come check out our ATC brochure site
    www.offroadvintage.com

Billy Golightly is offline Always finding new and exciting ways to not give a hoot in hell Catch me if you can
    --
    Blog Entries
    I'm feeling the desire and need for a 3ww members Isle of Man TT field trip to see this thing in person someday...

fabiodriven is offline Aspiring romance novel cover model, and the Official 3WW slayer of thieves and swindlers. Catch me if you can
    --
    I will be attending someday William.
    85 Tri-Zinger 60
    85 ATC250SX
    86 ATC250SX
    87 ATC250SX
    02 XR650L conversion
    84 ATC 480R

Surprise AZ. In the garage working on trikes.
    --
    Quote Originally Posted by Billy Golightly View Post
    3ww members Isle of Man TT field trip
    Yes I love field trips!!! We will require a fleet of fabiodriven's style xr trike's to ride around the island.

--
    Quote Originally Posted by poolieZerUK View Post
    Have a butchers for Vallentino Rossy going round, he parked it up as it was too scary for him, pussy.
    I don't know what a "butchers" is mate, but give Rossi a break (and spell his name right), it’s totally different riding on a closed circuit track where you can lean till your elbows scrap knowing that if it does go bad you’re going into a sand trap, or smooth grass run-off VS a stone wall, or a wire fence. Short of a high-side crash a good modern track is a pretty safe place to let it all hang out. Then there is the Isle of Man: bumps, leafs, dirt, sand, small rodents and God only know what else are all over that death wish of a course. The Isle of Man just takes a different kind of crazy to win, few outside of Mike Hailwood and Agostini have been able to race successfully in both settings, not even Sheene or Roberts did both.

--
    Quote Originally Posted by Billy Golightly View Post
    I'm feeling the desire and need for a 3ww members Isle of Man TT field trip to see this thing in person someday...
    Do we have to get a permission slip signed to go?
    If its on the internet its got to be true they can't put any lie's on the internet

--
    Quote Originally Posted by big specht View Post
    Do we have to get a permission slip signed to go?
    Yes, and no disciplines on your record. Sorry about your luck specht!
    insanity - Doing the same thing over and over and expecting a different result

My Feedback Thread.....http://www.3wheelerworld.com/showthr...ck-for-MRSOUND

86 honda big red
    85 250sx
    82 250r
    86 klt 185 black (project)
    86 klt 185 red
    85 klt 160 (Floyd)
    85 klt 110 X2 (projects)
    86 klt 110 X2
    84 klt 200
    84 atc 70
    DUCKSTER!

--
    "butchers" in the UK means "check it out"
    Need Honda ATC TRX NOS restoration parts??? or come check out our ATC brochure site
    www.offroadvintage.com

poolieZerUK is offline At The Back Of The Pack Arm chair racerFirst time rider
    --
    Quote Originally Posted by El Camexican View Post
    I don't know what a "butchers" is mate, but give Rossi a break (and spell his name right), it’s totally different riding on a closed circuit track where you can lean till your elbows scrap knowing that if it does go bad you’re going into a sand trap, or smooth grass run-off VS a stone wall, or a wire fence. Short of a high-side crash a good modern track is a pretty safe place to let it all hang out. Then there is the Isle of Man: bumps, leafs, dirt, sand, small rodents and God only know what else are all over that death wish of a course. The Isle of Man just takes a different kind of crazy to win, few outside of Mike Hailwood and Agostini have been able to race successfully in both settings, not even Sheene or Roberts did both.
    Sorry about the spelling, but my Italian only stretches to somewhere close to pizza
    TT is a grass roots sport born of tearing round the country lanes dodging the rozzers (Police) a hugely popular but deadly passtime.
    Doesn't have the cachet of the ££££ and the women and is clearly far removed from any circuit on the moto GP. But that said you would expect that someone of his caliber would be able to make a decent account of himself around the track and, like everyone commenting here would by simply acknowledging its existance appreciate the nature of it before setting foot on the island never mind setting off on a bike. Wouldn't risk it for a biscuit as they say.
    Set himself up for a fall thats all. Pun intended

--
    Quote Originally Posted by poolieZerUK View Post
    Sorry about the spelling, but my Italian only stretches to somewhere close to pizza
    TT is a grass roots sport born of tearing round the country lanes dodging the rozzers (Police) a hugely popular but deadly passtime.
    Doesn't have the cachet of the ££££ and the women and is clearly far removed from any circuit on the moto GP. But that said you would expect that someone of his caliber would be able to make a decent account of himself around the track and, like everyone commenting here would by simply acknowledging its existance appreciate the nature of it before setting foot on the island never mind setting off on a bike. Wouldn't risk it for a biscuit as they say.
    Set himself up for a fall thats all. Pun intended
    Sorry If I came out a like a bit of a wanker there mate, I just feel for the guy. The fact that he tried and quit VS never having tried at all will stain him in some people’s eyes, but not mine. The guy is an absolute master when it comes to closed circuit racing and the fact that him and guys like Lorenzo ride a steady 10/10th’s at all times is exactly why they shouldn’t be racing on the Isle. You simply can’t stay alive riding at that pace on a course like that. That course demands the common sense to get out of the gas once in a while and live to make another lap. A guy like Lorenzo likely wouldn’t last 10 minutes on that course before high siding himself into someone roof top satellite dish.

fabiodriven is offline Aspiring romance novel cover model, and the Official 3WW slayer of thieves and swindlers. Catch me if you can
    --
    So it turns out my brother (who owns a modest motorcycle shop in Connecticut) is friends with a guy who does the Isle of Man TT every now and then, not every year but he does race it. Apparently he was trying to throw something together last minute this year but failed to make the deadline. The bike was prepped and crated by my brother and sits in my brother's shop as we speak. It's some sort of V-twin Kawi 650 sport bike that I wasn't familiar with. I guess amongst other things my brother put an R6 or F4 front end on it or something, something with bigger brakes and inverts. I told my brother that I will be attending this race sooner than later and offered my help at no cost just to pitch in and get the full experience from someone who knows how to do it. I'm sure the racer knows where to stay and stand and what not so this may be our "in" William. I told him to pass the word along please.
    85 Tri-Zinger 60
    85 ATC250SX
    86 ATC250SX
    87 ATC250SX
    02 XR650L conversion
    84 ATC 480R

--
    Quote Originally Posted by fabiodriven View Post
    So it turns out my brother (who owns a modest motorcycle shop in Connecticut) is friends with a guy who does the Isle of Man TT every now and then, not every year but he does race it. Apparently he was trying to throw something together last minute this year but failed to make the deadline. The bike was prepped and crated by my brother and sits in my brother's shop as we speak. It's some sort of V-twin Kawi 650 sport bike that I wasn't familiar with. I guess amongst other things my brother put an R6 or F4 front end on it or something, something with bigger brakes and inverts. I told my brother that I will be attending this race sooner than later and offered my help at no cost just to pitch in and get the full experience from someone who knows how to do it. I'm sure the racer knows where to stay and stand and what not so this may be our "in" William. I told him to pass the word along please.
    I know this aint the point of your post fab, but is the Kawi by chance a Ninja 650r? They often swap the R6 front on to them. If so, it is a DOHC parrallel twin, I have built several of those engines, they are my absolute favorite engine in the Kawi lineup. I only ask because kawi doesn't make a sport bike v-twin, unless I missed something major at school. They do make a 650 v-twin but it goes into quads and stuff. It would be cool if somebody tried it in a bike though. Blue Ridge Performance builds the fastest 650r's in the U.S.

I hope your resource works out for you, what a thrill it would be to witness Isle of Man first hand!!!

--
    I could have sworn he said V. Either he misspoke or I mis-heard I'm inclined to think. I'll clarify that with him.
    85 Tri-Zinger 60
    85 ATC250SX
    86 ATC250SX
    87 ATC250SX
    02 XR650L conversion
    84 ATC 480R

Surprise AZ. In the garage working on trikes.
    --
    https://www.youtube.com/embed/OmNXCJt7K3Q

https://www.youtube.com/embed/UqUa0dduw9o

Couple videos from ISLE of Man TT, first video is a great view from the front of the bike, second video is sidecar

//ArrowChat Integreation Code //